Winter Is Coming

009:

“You must wear a dress today, Jessica,” Lady Stark said as she entered Cynthia and my bedroom. I sighed and nodded my head, figuring that I had to, “I am sorry, but the King and Queen-“

“It’s all right, I understand,” I said and Lady Stark smiled and laid a dress on my bed while Sansa laid a dress on Cynthia’s bed.
Cynthia and I have been in this time for over a month, we’ve found no leads about going home, no one to help explain to us on how or why we’re able to change into wolves. Cynthia finally changed about two weeks ago; she’s a darker grey wolf with black streaks.

When we weren’t helping the Stark family prepare for the King to arrive, we were teaching them little things that we knew from our time. Different recipes, fighting skills, weapons, well, Cynthia helped with the weapons, growing up in a hunting family. I stuck to showing the guys some hand to hand combat.

“Sansa will wait outside and then show you were to go, the King is on his way, very close-“

“We’ll be ready, mother, not to worry,” Sansa said and Lady Stark smiled and nodded her head and left the room, being sure not to close it as Sansa’ wolf, Lady, walked into the room and hopped onto my bed, “Lady, that’s rude.”

“It’s all right,” I smiled and placed my hand on her hand and scratched behind her ear, “She’s beautiful.”

“Thank you,” Sansa said and then walked over towards me, “I know you don’t like to wear dresses, but this a beautiful one,” I laughed nervously as I looked down as the light blue dress and sighed, it was a pretty color, I was just uncomfortable wearing it, “You remind me of Arya, she’s not big on dresses too,” she spoke, talking about her younger sister, “Do you need help?”

“Probably,” I said and Sansa nodded her head and then turned around so that I could change out of my clothes and place the dress on.

I pulled the dress up, it ended just above my chest, it was a light strapless dress that tied together in the front. I struggled with it, not knowing the technique, but then learning that it was just like tying up a sneaker. I was at least allowed to wear my calf high riding boots, since it would be hidden under the dress. Sansa then handed me a thick black cloak that had a fur trim at the top and told me to sit on the bed. Arya walked into the room and sat on Cynthia’s bed and watched as Cynthia tied up her dark green dress that was similar to mine.

Sansa brushed my hair, telling me that I should leave it down, because she liked it that way, and I didn’t protest. There was a knock at the door and we turned to see Robb and Grey Wind walking in.

“We-“ he looked at me and his eyes widened, he looked to be struggling with his words.

Sansa giggled from behind me, “Robb, what’s wrong? Are you sick?”

“No,” he said quickly and then composed himself, “We must go, the King is in sight.”

“All right, we’re ready,” Sansa said and then stood up and then held out her hand for me to stand up, “What do you think, Robb?”

I looked at Robb and knew that I was blushing, I felt uncomfortable in this dress, but I knew that I needed to wear it.

“You look beautiful,” he said and his face was red, Robb snapped his head around the room and quickly said, “You all do.”

Sansa snickered and then placed her hand on my arm, “Let’s get moving.”

Arya ran out of the room and soon disappeared down the hallway as Cynthia and I followed Sansa and Robb out of the confusing castle. We walked out towards the front of Winterfell, towards the main entrance. Lady Stark stood next to her husband and smiled towards us, saying that we looked beautiful.

“Stand behind Robb and Sansa,” Lord Stark said and Cynthia and I nodded our heads and I stood behind Sansa as Cynthia stood behind Robb.

It was a little cold, I pulled my cloak closer to me, covering up my dress, but Lady Stark said that when the King and Queen show up, I would have to move it and suffer with the cold. I looked to see that Rickon, the youngest, stood first, then Lady Stark, Lord Stark, Robb, Sansa, and then Brandon, ‘…Where’s Arya?...’

Apparently Lady Stark was thinking the same thing, “Sansa, where’s your sister?”

Sansa shrugged her shoulders and I turned my head, hearing heavy breathing to my right and looked to see Arya running towards us with a helmet on her head, I snorted because that would be something that she would do. As she ran past Lady Stark, Lord Stark caught her and looked at her.

“What are you doing with that on?” he said and I looked next to me to see Jon smirking as Lord Stark took the helmet off, “Go on!”

Arya walked over towards Brandon, “Move!” she said and shoved him over to stand in-between him and Sansa.

A white horse with a man dressed in fancy armor rode in first, with a boy, younger than I, rode in behind him. I looked towards Sansa to see that she was smiling towards him and giving him the lovey dovey look. I looked back and forth between the two and then tapped Jon’s arm, “Who’s that?”

“Prince Joffrey,” he said and I nodded my head, “Open your cloak,” Jon said and I nodded my head, almost forgetting to do so as more and more people rode in.

‘…Shit, I’m cold…’ I thought as I looked to see Robb looking back towards me, he smirked and I smiled towards him and then he turned towards his sister and saw the look on her face, ‘…Big brother alert…’ I thought as I saw his unhappy facial expression as he followed his younger sister’s eyes towards the Prince, ‘…Looks like a little prick…’

A long wagon being pulled by four horses came in, with a large man riding a black horse and wearing a thick furry black cloak. I didn’t know who it was, but when Lord and Lady Stark bowed, I looked around confused.

“Bow,” Jon muttered and I hesitated for a second, but then felt myself being pulled down.

“You’re gunna get us caught,” Cynthia muttered, the person who pulled me down.

“Well I’m sorry, I’m not use to this,” I growled.

“Be quiet,” Sansa said, tilting her head back towards us.

“Sorry,” I muttered and then Jon patted my shoulder and I looked up to see him standing straight, “Come on.”

“Your Grace,” Lord Stark said and I looked between he and Robb to get a better look at the man.

“That’s the King,” Cynthia breathed, not looking at me, and I nodded my head.

“You’ve gotten fat,” the King said and I bit my lip to hold back a snort.

‘…Does he own any mirrors?...’ I thought and then winced when Cynthia stepped on my foot, probably knowing that I was holding back an insult. Lord Stark nudged his head down towards the King’s gut and I smirked, ‘…You tell ‘em!...’

The two men started to laugh and then they hugged each other. The King pulled away and hugged Lady Stark, and then walked back in front of Lord Stark, “Nine years,” he said and I looked around at all the men, “Why haven’t I seen you? Where the hell have you been?”

“Guarding the North for you, Your Grace. Winterfell is yours,” Lord Stark said and I looked to see people walking out of the large wagon.

A little blonde haired boy walked out first, what looked to be an older sister came out next, and then an older woman who looked to be their mother. By the way that she was dressed, I assumed that she was the Queen, and I assumed correctly, because Jon muttered to me who she was.

“Where’s the Imp?” Arya asked and I looked at her confused.

“Will you shut up?” Sansa growled and Jon smirked.

I looked at him confused, “Imp?”

“You’ll see,” he breathed and I nodded my head and looked back towards the King.

“Who have we here?” the King said, moving down the line of Stark children, “You must be Robb,” they shook hands, he looked at me and I gulped, it was only for a second, but I stiffened because I thought he was going to say something. The King turned to Sansa, “My, you’re a pretty one,” he smiled and then looked to Arya, “And your name is?”

“Arya,” she said and the just King nodded his head and moved to Brandon.

“Show us your muscles,” the King laughed, “You’ll be a soldier!”

The man on the white horse, wearing the fancy armor finally took his helmet off and I looked to see he was a handsome man. I looked towards Jon, ready to ask who he was, but Arya beat him to it, “That’s Jaime Lannister, the queen’s twin brother.”

“Would you please shut up?” Sansa barked and I rolled my eyes and looked to see that the Queen was walking over.

‘…That woman’s got bitch written all over her face…’ I said as I watched her intently.

The woman walked up to Lord Stark and held out her hand, I was almost taken back on how she basically looked down at everyone and thought that she was better than everyone, and I could see that my just looking at her.

Cynthia nudged my arm, “Stop it,” muttered, probably knowing what I’m thinking because she was most likely thinking it too.

“How do you do that?” I muttered and Cynthia smirked.

Lord Stark bent down and kissed the Queen’s hand, I rolled my eyes and looked to see that she was looking at me, ‘…Shit…’ I thought because I thought that she was going to say something, but she didn’t.

“Take me to your crypt!” the King said and I looked at him, wondering why he would want to go to a crypt, “I want to pay my respects.”

“We’ve been riding for a month, my love,” the Queen said, “Surely the dead can wait.”

‘…Who died?...’ I thought and looked at Cynthia to see that she was looking at me and shrugging her shoulders.

“Ned,” the King called and I looked at Lord Stark to see that he was looking at the Queen, and then walked away, following the King.

“Where’s the Imp?” Arya asked again and Jon put his head down and I saw the smirk on his face.

‘…What the hell are they talking about? What’s an Imp?...’

The Queen must have heard Arya, because she snapped a glare at the girl and then turned around to walk over towards her twin, “Where is our brother?” she asked, “Go find the little beast!”

‘…Oh, so we have fathers that call their sons bastards and sisters that call their brothers beasts, nice age we have here…’