Winter Is Coming

008:

“You’re a natural!” Jon laughed as he saw Cynthia shoot the bow and arrow and hitting the arrow in the center.

“I hunted with my father a lot when I was younger, until we moved into the city,” she said and I sighed and watched as the two talked.

“Tell me more about this city, this New York,” Jon said and Cynthia smiled and placed the bow down.

Cynthia and I had been in Winterfell for over a week now, I had changed in and out from being a wolf so many times now, I had lost track, each time I did it, it hurt a little bit less. I was teaching myself to control my newly found gift, Cynthia still hasn’t been able to change yet, she was close the one time, but wasn’t able to fully change.

Darca wasn’t talking, so they ended up killing her, torturing her first, which lasted about three days, but then killed her. Cynthia fainted at the sight of her head being cut off; I just stood there shocked and disgusted at how barbaric these people were. That feeling only lasted a few moments though, it wasn’t until I realized that we weren’t in our time anymore, this is how things were done. Robb has been teaching me about the ways of his people, the history, the land, he wanted me to go with him when he went out hunting.

“No dress today, my lady,” I heard and turned my head to see Robb walking over with his dire wolf pup, Grey Wind.

“God no, not that awful thing,” I said as Robb leaned against the railing next to me, “I woke up this morning and this was here, didn’t hesitate about putting it on.”

Robb chuckled and then nudged his head towards Cynthia, “You’re friend designed it and gave it to me, said that you would feel more comfortable in this.”

“Really?” I asked, looking at him shocked and then looked down at my outfit. Tight leather pants with tall riding boots with a small heal on them, I had a loose white long sleeve shirt on with a tight leather tie up vest above it, “Thank you, I do like this outfit better, I don’t mean to offend your women, but I’m not a dress person.”

“I will admit, it’s rather odd not to see a woman in a dress; however, you fit the description of the word ‘odd’ perfectly,” he said and I smirked and shrugged my shoulders, “I took the liberty to make similar clothes.”

“You didn’t have to,” I said and he turned to look at me.

“What are you going to do, wear that one outfit?” he asked and I blushed and turned away.

“I would have figured something out,” I muttered and then looked over to hear Cynthia and Jon laughing, “Why doesn’t your father call him the bastard child?”

Robb sighed and then went back to leaning against the rail next to me, “My father was away at war, you have to understand, my father did not know if he would come back to us. He- he made a mistake, a mistake that he’s been paying for a long time.”

“He had an affair?” I asked and then wondered if they used that word in this time.

“He was with a whore, she bared his child and he took him own, back to Winterfell. The name, Jon Snow was given to him, for he is not truly a Stark; though, I consider him to be one.”

“You’re close with him?” I asked and Robb nodded his head.

“I trust him with my life,” he said and I smirked.

“I see the woman changed out her wardrobe,” I heard and Robb and I turned around to see Theon coming towards us. I rolled my eyes and sighed out of aggravation, I didn’t like him, “Oi, not happy to see me?”

“Do I ever look happy to see you?” I growled and Theon came up on my other side and looked at me. He placed his hands on my hips and turned my body to face him, “Excuse you!” I hissed and slapped his hand away.

“I don’t like this, harder to get your clothes off,” he remarked and I glared towards him.

“Theon!” Robb hissed, “Mind your manners, she’s not one of your whores.”

“I’m not a whore at all,” I growled looking back towards Robb, “If you’re going to defend someone, make sure you do it right. You said ‘one of your whores’, that still implied that I’m a whore-“

“You think way too much into people’s words,” Theon laughed and I turned around and glared at him, “You’re doing it again.”

“What?!” I growled and Theon held up his hand towards my face.

“Your little freaky eye trick.”

“Like I can control it,” I snapped and then felt my body spin around and Robb looked at me.

“Just breathe,” he said and I scoffed and turned back to facing Jon and Cynthia to see that they were looking over towards us.

“Everything all right?” Cynthia asked as she and Jon walked over.

“Peachy,” I growled and she sighed and patted my shoulder.

Everyone’s attention was torn to the side when we heard a raven cawing towards us. He had landed on a post just near us; I had learned that they send messages around the kingdoms through ravens. Cynthia had remarked this it was like the carrier pigeons that we used in the World Wars, of course the guys had no clue what we were talking about, but never said anything.

Just as Robb was about to take the message, Lady Stark had gathered it and opened the message, she looked rather upset about the message and then walked off. I watched her leave, and then saw Robb walk back over towards us.

“What was that about?” I asked and Robb shook his head, not knowing. I sighed and then looked towards the sky, it was the middle of the afternoon, and I was bored, “I’m going to go for a walk,” I said before turning around and walking away from the crowd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was nightfall and Jessica had finally returned from her walk, she had gotten lost and I smirked towards her and said that I would come with her next time, to make sure that she wouldn’t get lost. We had dinner, father informed us that the message that raven had delivered was from Kings Landing, Capital of the Seven Kingdoms, they had informed us that Jon Arryn, Hand of the King of Robert Baratheon had passed away, died of a high fever. We were informed that the King was on his way to Winterfell, an old friend of my fathers, he was due to arrive in less than a month, and we would need to host him, his family and his men.

“This is going to be rather difficult to explain how the girls arrived,” my father said as he sat at the head of the table and looked down at all of us.

“Should we just tell him the truth?” Cynthia asked and father shook his head.

“No, you’ll be announced as an abomination and sentenced to death,” he said and I felt Jessica stiffen next to me, “He must not find out about what has happened to you.”

“He won’t,” I stated and father looked at me and nodded his head.

“We must prepare for our guests,” father said and I nodded my head and looked towards my mother to see that she wasn’t happy about the King coming to Winterfell.

We were all excused from the table, leaving father and mother alone to talk about the events that are soon to come. I wanted to walk with Jessica, but she disappeared before I had the chance.

“You fancy that girl,” I heard and turned to see my sister, Sansa standing around the corner.

“What are you babbling about?” I asked, walking past her.

“Jessica, you fancy her, you find her beautiful,” Sansa said and I felt the heat in my face and butterflies in my stomach.

“You sick? Go find mother, you have no idea what you’re going on about,” I said, walking away from her and heading down the hall.

“You fancy her Robb!” she yelled and I winced, hoping no one heard. I turned around to glare at her but found her to be gone.

I sighed and then turned back around and headed towards me room, finding Grey Wind on my bed, “Come boy,” I commanded and watched as he jumped off of the bed and out of the room, following me down the hall and out of the castle, I needed fresh air.

As I walked down the road, around the castle, I heard commotion up ahead and heard laughter. I followed the noised and saw that Jon was leaned against a railing laughing, standing next to Cynthia, who was also laughing.

“Oh come on, Theon, you have to do better than that! You just embarrassed yourself,” Jon yelled and I followed his gaze to see that Theon was getting up from being on the ground, I walked closer and saw that he was standing in front of Jessica, she was smirking and had her arms up.

“What’s going on?” I asked as I walked over towards Jon.

“Oi, Robb, you have to see this,” Jon said and I leaned on the railing next to my brother and watched as Theon threw a swing at Jessica, I stood up straight, not liking this, “Relax, she can hold her own,” he said and I watched as Jessica, blocked the pouch and landing her own in his cheek.

I smirked when Theon’s head snapped to the side and he quickly caught himself before he fell to the ground, throwing his arm around. Jessica caught it and threw a fist into his stomach, then turning around and kicking out his feet.

“No blades, just strength,” Jon said and I nodded my head, “She’s very skilled.”

“Yes,” I said and watched as Jessica helped Theon up, and then started to talk to him, seeming to be teaching him some tricks.

“Jessica is a third degree black belt,” Cynthia said and we looked at her, not knowing what that meant and giving her a look that meant to continue, “She’s a trained fighter, she could hurt someone with her bare hands.”

“Oh.”

“Well she’s hurting Theon,” Jon laughed and I smirked and watched as Jessica and Theon went at it again.

“She could be very useful,” I heard and we turned around to see father walking towards us, “You and your friend aren’t from this time, you know many tricks, you could show us some?”

“Yes,” Cynthia said and I nodded my head and turned back to watch Jessica throw Theon back onto the ground.