The Candle's Flame

Chapter Three

*CC's POV*
"I swear Ashley, if you say anything," I warned.
"Hey hey, I'm not saying anything... I just think you should," Ashley replied calmly. I glared daggers at him. Jake looked absolutely clueless, which actually made him completely adorable. I was afraid that Jake would reject me- or even worse, hate me.
"Who likes who?" Jake asked, looking back and forth from me and Ashley. Ashley stared at me, his eyebrows raised and his lips pursed together. I sighed. I'm going to kill Ashley later.
"I-I like someone," I mumbled. Ashley grinned at me. "I....I-I like... well.... you," I mumbled the last word almost silently, my heart pounding and nervousness flooding through my veins. Jake's cheeks turned red, and I really hoped it wasn't from anger.
"R-really?" Jake questioned. I bit my lip and nodded. Jake smiled, his cheeks turning more red. "I-I like you too." I'm pretty sure Ashley fist-pumped, but I honestly wasn't focusing on anything but the beautiful man in my arms. "A lot." Can I just take a second to question the fact that I'm still able to breathe right now? Jake leaned up and softly pressed his lips to mine. I kissed back, surprised while overjoyed. The kiss was filled with kindness- it was gentle, and meaningful. And as cheesy and cliche as this might sound, I really felt sparks. After a moment Jake and I pulled away. Ashley was grinning at me like a retard. "Mine?" Jake questioned. I smiled.
"Mine."
"Aaaaaw!" Ashley cooed. I rolled my eyes.

*Ashley's POV* (random mid-scene POV switch because YOLO that's why.)
"Hush, we know you like Andy." I rolled my eyes and chucked their pillow back at them.
"I don't." Thank God for my serious lack of blushing. Just then Andy woke up; CC threw the little pillow at Andy's face. I rolled my eyes as CC grinned innocently.
"MORNING SUNSHINE!" He yelled.
"Shut the fuck up Christian!" Sammi yelled. Oops. Waking up Sammi Doll is never good. Andy chuckled his adorable fucking laugh. Ugh why can't he be mine?
"You asked for it man..." Andy said, his voice still husky from just waking up; damn. "What's with you two all cuddly and shit?" Andy questioned CC and Jake. Christian blushed, pecking Jake's lips softly.
"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!" Everyone chorused. I smiled. I was really happy for them, however I couldn't ignore the pang of jealously. Not because I liked CC; or Jake, but because they had what I would never get. I'm in love with my best friend; my straight best friend. What if we don't survive this? What if I never get to even tell Andy how I feel?
"Guys, you know we have to keep moving," Andy spoke up after a moment. Everyone muttered their halfhearted agreements. He brought himself to his feet, his legs leaving their place across mine. "I heard something about an underground scientific studies lab," Andy explained. "It's rumored to be in Alabama, right outside Mobile. If at all, this outbreak began there. If it's where it's said to be, we could get there in about a week, taking time for supply restock, camp-outs, possible.. losses, other things..." Andy stopped for a moment, bringing himself back on track. I listened to every word carefully, mesmerized by his calmness and collection. "We need to start moving..." Andy looked at his watch, then back at all of us. "Now." We all stood, throwing any nonperishable food (almost all of it) and our supplies back into our bags. We made our way out of the studio and towards the car about fifteen yards away, Andy leading. Andy turned towards the rest of us. "Okay guys, we're gonna head straight towards Alabama, let's get to the car-" And that's when I saw it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Muahahahahaha.
What do you think 'it' is?
Sorry for the cliff hanger, but I haven't finished a forth chapter yet.