Status: on-going

Lightning in a bottle

The Concert

I woke up with music blaring through the speakers in our room, if you call that music, I saw Sandy at the far corner of the room playing with an invisible guitar pretending she’s the one making the noise. I looked at the clock beside our bed, it says 7:30 am.
“What the fuck sandy! Its only 7:30 am for chrissakes!” I shouted for her to hear me.
She turned the volume down and greeted me “And good morning to you too dear cousin, why so grumpy, it’s a beautiful day!”
“I don’t care if it’s a beautiful day. You woke me up with your “music”” I made an air quote when I said music.
“What’s wrong with my music? It’s not that bad!” she retorted.
“Whatever.”
Since I’m awake, I went to the bathroom and showered. When I went downstairs I saw Sandy munching some blueberry muffins. Did I mention it’s the last muffin on the table? I sighed. This day will be so much fun. Note the sarcasm.
“How dare you Sandy?!” I joked.
“How dare me what?” with obvious confusion on her face.
“How dare you eat the last blueberry muffin without thinking It might be the last blueberry muffin on earth, and your dear cousin will not be able to eat another one for the next century?” I told her resisting the urge to laugh.
“What? What are you talking about? Oh my god” She put the muffin down. As she realized I’m just kidding. “OHMYGOD. I thought you’re serious.”
I can’t resist laughing now, she’s so gullible.
“Stop laughing now, it’s annoying. I know I’m gullible sometimes” she said, while rolling her eyes at me.
I really felt bad because of the blueberry muffin, not because of sandy of course. She ate the last blueberry muffin! Okay, I’m so sorry I’m being childish. I ate my breakfast which is bacon, egg and rice. Hell yeah! Rice, it’s one of the things I miss in Manila.
After breakfast, we stayed in our bedroom, and Sandy is digging through her clothes and I don’t know why. “Cassie, we’re going to the summer set’s concert later, do you know what to wear later?” She asked me. Still looking through her closet.
“I don’t know. Maybe jeans and shirt?”
“Can I choose your outfit tonight please?” ugh. I swear she’s annoying sometimes.
“Are we going to a party? It’s just a concert.” I rolled my eyes at her.
“Uhm, yes. We are going to a party. It’s an after party for the meet & greet holders and of course we are a meet & greet holder, did I mention The Summer Set will be there? At the after party? And Mayday Parade will also be there because they are opening for The Summer Set.” She explained to me. Well more like talking to her self, she lost me at meet & greet thingy, but I nodded.
“I don’t care what I’ll wear later, this after party is not a formal party right? So I think I can wear jeans, I don’t want to wear slutty outfits, so I’ll think I’ll just wear jeans and tank top” I told her. I wouldn’t want to wear dresses that show too much skin. Girls who party at Arizona wear dress like that, and they’re called sluts.
“Just because you wear dress doesn’t mean you’re a slut” she said. Looking kind of hurt.
“I know. I’m so sorry, I’m just not used to partying. And definitely not used to wearing dresses.” I sighed.
“Uhm, Okay, I’m not gonna wear dress tonight either. Because I don’t have time to change after the concert.”
“What time is the after party?” I asked her.
“I think its 10:00. I don’t really know.”
“Okay.
It’s almost 7:30, we are not yet ready. It’s a 20 minutes drive to the concert grounds, so I think we are going to make it.
We arrived at exactly 8:00. And some host is still talking in the microphone, so I guess we didn’t miss anything.
“Let’s give a round of applause for Mayday Parade” The crowd cheered as the host introduced the Mayday Parade. I just watched as they emerged from the back of the stage.
“Good evening Manila!” The crowd cheered louder as Derek (I just heard his name from the girl besides me) greeted the crowd. “It feels so good to be back, are you ready to rock?” and they started to sing.
“When you’re alone, do you think of me? and my diamond ring thrown out to sea. And when you love, do you love for me? Like harmony, a never ending dream” I listened as they go through the lyrics of the song. It isn’t as bad as I thought it is.
“I’ll keep you warm, safe in my arms ‘til heaven calls. Keep holding on” I found my self admiring them as they finished the song. Sandy’s right if only I listen to their song and eventually I’ll like it. I hate that Sandy is always right.
“Sandy, what’s the title of the song?” I asked her.
“Oh Well, Oh Well. The song was amazing, Isn’t it?”
“Yeah, It’s amazing. It’s not bad as I thought it would be.” I admit. I was struck by the song.
“And now! Let’s give it up for THE SUMMER SET!!!!” I was startled by the host. I was lost in my thoughts when the host called the summer set on stage.
“Hello Manila!!! How are you faggots?” the crowed laughed when the summer set called them faggots, I guess this is normal. I stared each one of them as the vocalist talk on the microphone. They are more beautiful than they were on pictures and posters. I tried remembering their name.
“The first song that we’ll be playing is The Boys You Do” said Brian, the vocalist.
“I found a skeleton under your bed. How could you sell me out for a kid like that, I'm doing everything I can to make you jealous. Are you jealous?” They started the song. This was the song that woke me up this morning. I hadn’t listened to this song earlier because I’m too pissed to notice that it was actually a good song.
They went through their set list, they sang The Boys You Do, Young, Must Be The Music, Someone Like You, When We Were Young, Mannequin, Punch-Drunk Love and Chelsea. Sandy is freaking right, pop rock isn’t as bad as I think it is, I actually enjoyed listening to them.
“Meet and greet holders, please proceed to the backstage.” The host announced and Sandy dragged me to the backstage to get her stuff signed by the bands. I can feel her flailing because she’s holding my hand.
“Why are you flailing Sandy?” I asked her, because I’m annoyed.
“I’m so stoked! I get to see them up close! Can you believe that?”
“Yeah I believe that.” I rolled my eyes at her.
When we reached the backstage, we fall in line with the rest of the meet and greet holders. Sandy introduced me to some of her friends. I really can’t remember all of their names.
We waited until it was our turn. I don’t really want to be here because I’m not really their fan, but I think I was beginning to like their music and besides I’m curious so I let Sandy haul me in front of their table.
“Hi Brian! It’s so nice to see you! Can you guys sign my albums and posters? I really love you guys and your music.”
“Sure!” Brian answered. They all signed and gave the albums and posters back to Sandy.
“Can we take pictures with you guys?” I was shocked. She said we? I don’t even know them.
“What we? Sandy?” I asked her whispering. While they are getting out of their seat and standing up so ‘we’ can take a picture. “I’m not even a fan!”
“Oh shut up. You’ll thank me someday for bringing you here”
“Whatever.” I replied looking absolutely bored and annoyed.
We took pictures, Brian is at the center. I’m on Brian’s left and Sandy is on his right. Jess and Josh are beside her. John and Stephen are on my side. The person who is taking our pictures counted and John put his arm around me, I stiffened but I managed to smile.
We say thanks to them and we turned around to proceed at the after party. But I glanced at the table one last time and John is looking at me smiling. It is a warm smile, a smile that melts every girl’s heart who witnesses it. So I smiled at him. And I started to walk away.
When the concert was over, we went to a hall where the after party is being held. I was wearing jeans, pink tank top, black cardigan on top of it and a red Vans. I don’t think I’m underdressed because almost all of the people at the party wore something like mine. Nothing formal.
We are seating at a corner where couches and tables are available. Honestly, it looks like a bar but the people are too classy, and it has a buffet table. I don’t see any drunken people yet. Some of Sandy’s friends approach us, they are nice and funny, and they call themselves “fan girls”. They told me that fan girls are the girls who ship themselves to a band member or are obsessed with them.
“Hey there beautiful, what’s your name?” A guy with a shaggy dark brown hair asked me.
“Hi! I’m Cassandra Collins” I smiled at him. “or Cassie”
“and I’m Kenneth Gonzales, can I seat beside you?” he asked me, I nodded. He seems like a good guy so I gave him space so he can sit.
“Are you a pure Filipina? Your surname seems foreign to me.”
“Well My dad is Half Filipino and Half American, and my mom is pure Filipina. So I guess I’m kind of ¾ Filipino and ¼ American, and I grew up in states.” I explained.
“That explains it.” He smiled at me again, not the pervert type of smile but a kind and warm smile.
“Stop hitting on my cousin Kenneth!” my cousin appears out of nowhere with drinks in her hands, I didn’t even realized she’s not here.
“She’s your cousin? Sandy is your cousin?” Kenneth asked me.
“I know I’m not pretty like her but I’m her cousin Kenneth” Sandy answered for me. I rolled my eyes at her.
“I didn’t say you’re not pretty Sandy.” Kenneth told her.
“Whatever, Kenneth.” She turned to me. “What do you want Cassie? Vodka? Or Martini?”
“Vodka please.” I answered her.
“well then, I guess Its martini for me.”
“What? You’re not 18 yet, it’s illegal!”
“I’ll be 18 in less than a week, so I think it’ll be okay.”
“You are so getting me in trouble Sandy.” I am a month older than Sandy that means I am already 18.
“Come on Cassie, don’t be a party pooper”
“I’m not!”
She just shrugged. Kenneth suddenly stand up and ask me do dance with him, I hesitate, because I don’t know how to dance, especially dancing to party songs.
“But I don’t know how to dance Kenneth.”I honestly told him.
“Just trust me okay, I’ll teach you.” He winked at me, I hesitated for a moment, but I stood up and went to the dance floor.
“Way to go Cas, you’ll be a party girl in less than a week” I heard Sandy shout over the music.
When we reached the dance floor, Kenneth put his hands in my waist which is kinda awkward because the music is not a slow one, and the music beat is fast. One thing I learned this night, is that grinding is considered dancing now, because that’s what I think we are doing right now.
We go back at our table and suddenly I feel the need to pee, so I excused myself and went to the washroom. I exited the hall and I remembered I didn’t know where the washroom is. I keep walking, I was about to take a turn at right when someone bump me and I fell down butt first.
“Ouch!” I groaned. My butt hurt.
“I’m so sorry. Are you hurt?” I didn’t look up when the man apologized. I was so busy trying to stand up, and fortunately he helped me. I steadied myself before looking at him.
“I’m really sorry” he apologized again.
I looked up and I was shocked to say anything. It’s John Gomez. The back up vocals of the summer set. He’s more handsome real up close. I can’t believe I bump into him. I know I’m not a fan, but he’s handsome and hot, you know teenager’s hormones these days. I can’t help but to stare at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the second chapter:))