Status: on-going

Lightning in a bottle

Waiting for something

We were at Sandy’s party at a private resort, she’s celebrating her legal age, and she chose to get wasted on her birthday. It’s been five days since the concert, John haven’t called me yet, not that I expected him to. He’s just out of my league, maybe I liked John because he’s cute and kind. I shouldn’t be thinking of him. Sandy didn’t even know he ask for my number, and I’m not planning on telling her either.

“Hey there Cassie, you need to loosen up a bit” Kenneth approached me and sat beside be on the edge of the pool, our legs drenched in the water.

“I am.” I told him.

“You’re not, you don’t even had drink.”

We watched Sandy at the far end of the pool attempt to dive but failed mainly because she slipped before she even had the chance to take a deep breath and concentrate. I wouldn’t be surprised if she fell asleep in the middle of the pool because of her drunkenness.

The party ended at 2:00am. Since I didn’t drink that much, I’m still sober and awake. Most of Sandy’s friends were asleep and drunk. I decided to take a walk and my feet brought me to a secluded area of the resort where there are some big trees. It’s a very relaxing place, not creepy. After a while, I heard someone moan behind the biggest tree and somewhat few steps away from me. And because of my curiosity, I took a peak.

I was beyond shock, I saw Sandy having a make out session with someone. And that someone is Kenneth. So that’s why Sandy won’t let Kenneth hit on me, because she actually likes him. He’s a good person, I guess Sandy will be okay with him, so I left them alone and I went back to the cabin house and sleep.



My vacation was over. I am going back to Arizona tomorrow morning. It has been two days since Sandy’s disaster of a birthday. Seven days since the concert, and he hasn’t called me yet. This is becoming unhealthy I shouldn’t be thinking about him. Sandy suddenly barged in our room and hugged me tight.

“What is your problem Sandy?”

“You’re leaving me again tomorrow!!!!” she cried over my shoulders. And I laughed, I actually laughed.

“Oh! Sandy. You’re always like this, shut up now and help me pack my things”

“Okaaaay! Can we have some girl bonding time later? You know, let’s watch a movie or something? Because I’m gonna miss you”

“Yeah sure, I’m gonna miss you too Sandy, you know you’re my favorite cousin”

“You have no choice, I’m your only cousin” she laughed. She’s right, though. I’m an only child, and she’s an only child too. Her father died in a car accident two years ago, so having another cousin will be impossible, unless Aunt Lerma got married again and have another kid.

“By the way, I saw you and Kenneth, having a heated make out session behind the big tree at the resort” I told her while folding my clothes and putting it in my luggage.

“WHAT!? YOU SAW THAT? OHMYGOD. I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS” She felt embarrassed and put her face her hands. I laughed at her reaction and patted her shoulder.

“So that’s why you don’t want him hitting on me huh? Because you like him” she looked up and glared at me. Her cheeks burned red, like tomato red.

“Shut up, Cass. He caught me off guard!!” she said, defensively.

“Ooooooh! But you seem to enjoy it.”

“Oh! Cass. Please drop that subject now; I don’t want to remember it. Okay?”

“Okay, whatever, you’ll tell me someday that you liked it, over the phone” I winked and dropped the subject.

It’s already 6:30pm when we finished packing, we went downstairs and something smelled delicious in the kitchen. We run like a child to the kitchen and was greeted by Aunt Lerma who was cooking caldereta.

“Smells delicious Aunt Lerma, I’ve always liked Filipino food, you know. And Caldereta was one of my favorites”

“You girls fix the table and it’ll be ready for a few minutes” she told us.

After a few minutes, we started eating our meal, and we just talked about my flight tomorrow morning, and how they will miss me. So I told them they should fly to Arizona and spend Christmas break there, they thought it was a good idea and they’ll try.

We washed the dishes and proceed to the living room to watch some movies, because Sandy said it was our last “bonding time”. We chose the movie Zombieland. I actually love this movie. My movie genre is not chick flick; I love movies that are gory, bloody, suspense, horror.

“Sandy, I’ll just go to the kitchen and make popcorn for us.”

“Yeah okay.”

After making popcorn I went back to the couch beside Sandy, and she seems lost in her phone texting someone.

“Hey, are you watching???”

“Yes I am!” She said defensively, maybe she’s texting Kenneth.

I was surprised by a phone ringing beside me, because I’m too focused on the movie. It was becoming annoying because Sandy is not answering her phone.

“Dammit Sandy! Answer your damn phone!”

“It’s not mine! It’s yours!”

“Oh!” I wonder who would call me this time of night. And so I answered the damn phone, without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello Cassie” My eyes widen in realization. I was too shocked to speak.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay! fourth chapter. :)))