Little Piece of Hell

Ch. I

“Hi, my names Parker Smith, and I have been driving for the past five days to California. Yeah I know that’s slow but I’ve been looking at landmarks from Nebraska like the wildlife refuge. Then went to see where I was born in Colorado. Which reminds me to tell you where I’m from, I’m from a small town called Centerville, IA, which is a whole lot different from let’s say LA. How different you ask? About 3,077,508 people, yeah it’s that’s small of a town. Anyway back to why I’m on this trip to begin with.
I’m heading to Huntington Beach because that’s where my all-time favorite band Avenged Sevenfold started and where my favorite drummer: James Owen Sullivan lived and sadly passed away at. So before I go off to college I want to visit him at his gravesite.”

I looked down at my recorder that I had just talked into. I looked up saw I was coming into town. I hoped this would help me become a better writer, weird I know.

Next thing I know is my phone is ringing.

“Hello.”
“Hey, Parker, what’s up?” My friend, Jack asked, laughing.
Driving, can I call you later traffic here is Hell.” I told him.
“Fine, what eve.” He yelled.

I sighed to myself knowing he was getting high with his so-called-friends. I started to look up hotels in Huntington Beach, till I found one that I like and was cheap.

“Hello, this is the Surf Shack. This is troy speaking how may I help you, sir or mam.” Troy told him.
“Hi, my names Parker Smith, and I’m at least five miles out. Do you have a room?” I asked.
“Yes and how long will you be staying with us?” He asked.
“About two days, but I’ll let you know if I’ll be staying another day.” I told him.
“That would be fine, do you have a rewards card with you?” He asked.
“Yes, I do.” I told him, pulling into the exit.
“Thank you, and your room is ready. May I turn your air on?” He asked.
“Yes please. I should be there in a could minutes.” I told him.

Finally, I pulled into the Surf Shack, and checked in.
I had room 127 on the bottom floor. Since I drove for five days without a lot of rest, I was pretty darn tired. So I decided to go to sleep, and start up my trip to the grave yard the next day.

Dream

I was walking down a path, black on both sides, the only light was the path, but it was going nowhere. I kept walking, for what seemed like forever. Finally it came at a stop. At the end of this path was a door, but this door was different then a regular door instead it looked more like the Gates of Hell itself.
It was dark and red, and the top wasn’t like the normal doors it was more like fire. I went inside the door of evil. When I entered the door it seemed like it had a mind of its own and shut it door.

“Too bad you won’t be in California.” Someone said.
“Who’s there?” I asked, trying to find the owner of the voice.
“Your worst nightmare, but don’t worry, we’ll meet soon, my dear.” the voice said, as it was fading.

End of the Dream

I woke up with a cold sweat. The whole thing felt so life like. I went to the bathroom to get some water, when I got back to the bedroom, saw it was ten in the morning.

“Today is the day I’ll go see the grave. What will I feel? Will I see other fans paying their respects or will nothing happen, and my hopes will die.” I spoke into the recorder.

I drove for 15 minutes till I got to the graveyard. As I was parking I saw some people standing next to his grave, but they looked almost liked Avenged Sevenfold. I know that’s crazy, because one of them looks like The Rev. So I decided to go in farther until I can hear them then hid behind a nearby tombstone, but what I heard changed my world forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
So new story and tell me what you think.