Sequel: Olivia on Tour
Status: COMPLETED!

Olivia

Chapter 7.

I got up from my seat on the bench. Automatically, I looked across the playground towards the swings. My eyes went wide when I saw Olivia wasn't there.

"Olivia?" I called out in hope she was just hiding somewhere in the darkening playground. Nothing.

I started to panic, where was she?

I started to walk out of the playground to search the rest of the park. Halfway across the big field, I came to the realization that I couldn't find her by myself.

I took my phone out of my pocket and called Alex.

"Jack?" Alex's groggy voice greeted me.

"I've lost her. She was right there, but now she isn't. I don't know where she is Alex. Help." I blurted, becoming aware that there were tears running down my face.

"Jack, calm down and tell me again." Alex ordered.

I sniffed, wiping my nose on my sleeve, and said, "Olivia's gone. I've lost her."

I heard something go thump at Alex's end on the line and the Alex asked where I was.

"In the park near the studio."

"I'm coming. You call Zack, I'll call Rian. We'll get them to help. Just don't panic." Alex said sensibly.

"Ok." I said, hanging up and ringing Zack.
*-*-*-*-*-*
"Jack." Someone said.

I looked up, it was Zack. He was panting slightly. I stood up and hugged him, pressing my face into his shoulder.

"Where did you last see her?" He asked, rubbing my back comfortably.

I unlatched myself from him and pointed, saying miserably, "Over there, on the swings."

"She can't have gone far. Come on, let's search the playground."

Just then, Alex, Rian and Cassaddee came running towards us.

"Where did you last see her Jack?" Rian said, worried.

"On the swings." I said.

Alex put an arm around my shoulders, "We will find her. I promise."

I knew ringing him was a good idea.

I wiped away some of my tears, "Let's split up."

Cassaddee said, "I don't know what she looks like."

I got my phone out and showed her the background. It was the picture of Olivia cuddled up to Alex from last night.

"She's so cute." Cassaddee said.

"Let's go." Alex said, removing his arm from around my shoulders. I felt oddly cold without it. But before I could think anymore on it, Alex told us to go in separate directions, thus maximising the chance we had of finding Olivia.
*-*-*-*-*-*
I canceled Matt's call again. He'd been trying to ring me for the last ten minutes. Seconds later, my phone rang again.

"What?" I answered, my eyes scanning the dark forest.

"It's Olivia." Matt started to say but I interrupted him.

"Olivia? Have you got her? Is she alright?" I asked.

"Yes, to both questions. I'm at the studio."

"See you in a sec!" I said, running out of the park.

I ran all the way there, pausing only for a second to send Alex a text saying Matt had Olivia. Soon, I was crossing the road in front of the studio and bursting through the doors.

I grabbed Olivia and hugged her tightly. She responded willingly.

"Thank God, you're fine." I murmured, rubbing her back, "I'm here now. It's ok."

It took a few moments before I realized I was crying with happiness. So was Olivia. I wiped her nose on my sleeve, muttering, "It's alright now. Thank God you're ok."

I blinked, tears running down my cheeks for the second time tonight.

The door crashed open and Olivia, Matt and I looked across towards the sound.

Alex, Rian, Zack and Cassaddee ran in, or in Zack's case, skateboarded in and jumped off it, letting his skateboard crash into the wall.

Alex flung his arms around both of us as soon as he got to us. He muttered, "You're ok, you're ok."

"Yeah, she is." I said, smiling with relief.

I shrugged Alex's arm off me and ignored his little sound of disappointment.

I sat on the sofa in the reception and asked Olivia, who was on my lap, "What made you come here?"

"I thought I knew where I was going." She replied, in a small voice.

"Where were you going?" I asked.

"To my parents grave."

At her answer, I hugged her close.

"Next time, just tell me and we'll go together. Ok?"

I felt Olivia nod against my chest. I smiled.

"Matt?" I said quietly, I thought Olivia was falling asleep.

"Yeah Jack?"

"Thanks."

"Anytime."
*-*-*-*-*-*
Now, I had time to think. Olivia was sleeping soundly next to me, curled up on the sofa. The TV was on low, I wasn't watching it though, I was thinking about why had I gone cold when Alex let go of me earlier just before sending us off in different directions.

Maybe cause it was cold outside? Or maybe it was something more? But there was nothing more, he was my best friend and that was it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter! Crazy right?

Comments are love!