‹ Prequel: Roots Beneath Ideals
Status: New chapter every monday

A Flair for the Dramatic

New Beginning

“Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait!!! I said wait you freaking Mexicans! Relax and tell me calmly what happened.”

So here we are again another two years gone and filled with what I love the most. Drama.

“Mitch and Joe are gone. They aren’t in the band anymore.” Mike said through the phone.

“But why? Everything was going great what the hell happened, when did this happen?”

“A while ago, but we’ve been trying to talk them into staying that’s why we haven’t called you.” Vic replied.

“Okay so what happened then?”

“We changed the band name and we recorded a new album by ourselves. We still have a contract with Equal Vision so we had to keep going even if we were short two members. Pierce the Veil is the new name.”

I dropped my belongings on my bed as I began to pack for the long journey back home for the summer.

“Okay new name, new album, what else is new?”

“Nothing, we just need new band members for our upcoming tour,” Mike said.

“See this is the shit I was afraid of when I left. So what have you guys done have you started searching at all?”

“Yeah kind of.” Vic answered.

“Well then… I’m going to finish packing and I have to call Ashley. I will see you bitches in two days, we’ll talk more.”

“Alright, I can’t wait to see you Ker Bear I miss you so much!”

“I know Mike I can’t wait to see you too. See ya!”

I hung up and threw myself into the pile of clothes on my bed. This was going to be a very long summer. I rolled over on my back and scrolled through my phone for Ashley’s number. She was first but I wanted to talk to a friend I met last summer. Before I could Aaron walked into my room and made himself comfortable on top of me.

“You look stressed.” He said.

“Don’t you already know?”
Aaron was my now boyfriend of about a year. Once I got here and settled in he was one of the first people to really get to know me and from there I guess you could say I fell in love with him. Does Mike or Vic know about him? Not even a little bit. My parents? Kind of, only because they came to visit a while ago. One other thing, he was coming home with me for the summer. Let’s see how this all goes.

“Are you packed yet?”

“Does it look like it?”

“Well get up and I’ll help you.”

Aaron got up and pulled me up with him. He was light skinned with really gorgeous hazel eyes. He stood at 6’8 which helped him since he was on our schools basketball team. I on the other hand had to struggle with his height since I was 5’3, but I’m not complaining it was kinda hot dating a guy much taller than I was.

“What?” he asked with a smile.

“Oh noting just admiring how sexy you are.”

He looked away blushing, “Thanks. Now about your clothes…”

“Yeah they’re ready to come off.”

“Wh-no Keri that’s not what I meant.”

I sighed, “Fine, I’ll go get my bag.”

Down side to dating Aaron it was always a struggle to get laid. He’s afraid that I’ll get pregnant and he’ll have to put his whole life on hold. I don’t know which part of his life he would have to put off though because he already has a job at his father’s law firm. If he were Vic my clothes would have been non-existent from the moment he walked in the room.

“Fuck!”

“Are you okay?”

No I’m not okay. I’m thinking of my ex and all the great sex we had while my current boyfriend is here. Just the fact that I’m thinking of Vic like that all together is bad.

“Yeah I’m fine.”

I grabbed my bag and placed it on my bed next to the pile of clothes. I then began to throw my clothes in the bag.

“How do you expect to fit everything in there like that?”

“Very well.”

Aaron laughed as he watched me “pack” my bag.

“I can’t wait to meet your friends they sound like a great group of people.”

“Yeah, Ash is super excited to meet you.”

“You know, you never bring up any of your other friends often. How come.”

I gave up on packing and sat back on my bed with a shrug, “No reason.”

“Keri I’ve met your parents I know about Mike and Vic, but I don’t know them. Do they even know about me, aren’t they supposed to be like brothers to you?”

I don’t tell you about them because there is too much drama and history between the three of us to even begin to explain our friendship.

“Yeah they are. You’re going to meet them in a few days you can get to know them plus some instead of me having to explain anything.”

“Well alright.” Aaron took my clothes I threw in my bag and began folding them neatly and placed them back in the bag. “The very first thing I want to do it go to the beach, I don’t care what time it is I just want to go. Okay?”

I laughed, “Sure babe whatever you want. But seriously I’m horny, so put the clothes down and come take my clothes off. Don’t make me beg.”

Aaron stared me down and I did the same. He finally gave in with a smile.

“Fine you win.”

“Don’t I always?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so excited to continue Keri and Vic's adventures. Shout out to all of my followers how have stuck with me til now, I promise I won't let you down. I'll be updating every monday.