Finding Out the Only Thing Left to Lose Is Time

Working

I left my party not to long after Austin, I didn’t party too hard normally and I knew I had work the next day, which required me up fairly early. Although having said that, it was a great party and I did really enjoy myself. It was great finding out that Sophie’s cousin was Aaron. All of the band were really nice, I had talked to Alan, Tino, Phil and Aaron, we’d all gotten along really well.

However I couldn’t get Austin out of my head. I couldn’t stop thinking about him; His smile, his voice, his face… Just everything about him. I knew I had to spend more time with him.

When I woke up the next day, at 6 AM which was normal for a work day, I sent a text to Austin. Hopefully he would reply and then perhaps we could hang at some point or arrange something.
I sent a simple text of which just said “Morning sunshine. X”

After that I got ready for my day of work. I headed out of my place like normal and went to my office.

All throughout the day I kept checking my phone and expecting to see a reply from Austin, but I never saw one. I presumed he must be asleep or maybe he was just bored of me…

Eventually, at about 5 PM I received a reply,

Morning, Belle. How is your head? :P

Morning? He must have only just woke up. Whoa! Mr. Sleepyhead! And to have the cheek to think my head was bad. I replied…

Perfectly fine, ta :) You all rested up?

He quickly replied, enquiring as to my plans and if I would like to hang with him. Of course I wanted to hang with him, but did he mean like a date or what? And I was stuck at work late tonight hvaign had yesterday off. I debated internally and decided to keep it on my terms…

I’m working all night :( but you can come hang out in my office for a bit if you want?

He quickly replied to accept, causing me to run to the nearest mirror to make sure I looked ok. Having done some hair fluffing and a bit of emergency make up, I decided I was presentable. I stood hidden behind the check-in desk, ready for Austin. Although not wanting it to seem like I was desperately waiting for him.

‘Can I help you, sir?’ I heard Poppy say. Poppy being the girl who manned the desk most days.

‘Um, yes, I’m looking for Maybelle Dean?’ Austin’s voice said.

‘What is it regarding, may I ask?’

‘He’s a friend, Poppy.’ I said as I stepped out to approach Austin, who was looking great in his skinny jeans and hoodie, although he did look a tad out of place in the posh surroundings. ‘You can go back to work now.’

Poppy nodded and smiled before wandering off back to work.

‘You own this...?’ Austin asked, somewhat bewildered I think. He was inspecting the place but he seemed to like it, I was shamelessly watching him.

I nodded, ‘Yes, I do.’

‘But you’re so young...’ He said, he seemed confused. I realised I should probably explain a bit.

‘And also parentless, someone needed to take over the family business. Matt wouldn’t so someone had to step up.’ I said whilst I walked to my office with him following me.

‘You have a brother?’

I nodded, however I didn’t really want to talk about Matt. It annoys me just to think about him, le alone talk about him.
‘I’m sorry, we won’t talk about him.’ Austin said, sensing my mood.

I didn’t want him to think I was being secretive and it would come out eventually, ‘It’s okay. He’s in prison. Just...get a little pissed off when I think about him.’

After that, the conversation diverted away from family and entered the more comfortable territory of music, films and books. It was great just being able to talk to him. Though I also was doing work whilst we talked, luckily I was capable of multi-tasking. Although I felt bad about not being able to give Austin more attention, especially when I was on the phone and he just had to sit there.
Particularly when Mark phone in sick, again. I didn’t mean to get annoyed but he seemed to be ill more than any other person! However, I really didn’t want Austin seeing me get all mad at the staff, especially since he was watching me intently for the duration of that call.

I decided to try and distract Austin from my meanness and so said, ‘Hey listen. You’re staying in the Central Park Hotel, right?’

‘Yeah, why?’

I shrugged and answered, ‘Well yeah, you go get the guys and your stuff, check out early. I got you booked in here. Each got your own suite.’

‘We can’t afford that, Maybelle.’ He immediately argued, so the boy knew what luxury cost.

‘Who said you’re paying?’ I asked him flirtatiously, as I pretended to go back to work. However, in reality I was just anxiously waiting for his answer. If he agreed we would get to see each other every day, and I wouldn’t need to think of excuses. He would just be here. In the same building as me. It would be great.
He had better agree….
♠ ♠ ♠
:D
Hope you enjoy it...

Might be a while until my next update...

Exam season has set in :(