Status: Extremely Active!

Better Than I Know Myself

Weeping Willow

Him. Him.
He who is my better half, he who knows me better than I know myself.
Adam. Adam.

I woke from my sleep and fell off my bed. Dammit. The same dream again. I ran a hand through my brunette hair and sighed. I pushed myself off the wooden floor and climbed back into the bed. I covered my legs up with the white sheets and grabbed the picture off my nightstand.
Black spiked hair, beautiful green eyes and a smile that causes a girls heart to melt.
My best friend was reported missing in action in the US Army last year.
I always dream of his laugh, his hugs, his gentle kisses on my cheek when I would cry. I remember that day, like it was yesterday.

We climbed to the top of our little hill and relaxed under the weeping willow. He was in his Army uniform, he looked so handsome. His hair was buzz cut, I didn’t like it but that’s why he gave me the picture of him with the hair I did like.
“Hey, Julie! Listen!” He snapped his large fingers in my face.
“Oh! Sorry!” I spoke. He laughed.
“I-I’m sorry I gotta leave you like this Jule.” He said.
I looked over and placed a hand on his face. I stroked with my thumb and smiled. I knew it wasn’t his fault. He wanted to make a name for himself. Which he was going to. I knew it.
“It’s not your fault Adam.” I whispered.
“Why do I not believe you.” He hugged me.
I was going to miss him. His smell, his hugs, his voice. He was my other half. Without him I felt like I was going to go crazy.
“You’re my other half.” He spoke into my hair. “Don’t forget that, no matter what happens to me.” His shoulders shook. I knew he was crying.
I began to cry silently. “I know. You know me better than that, Adam.” He squeezed me.
“Major Damison!” I man walked up in another Army suit. He saluted.
Adam released me and sucked up his tears and made him go to ease.
“Private Hiro Richards, sir. I’m here to escort you..hey, Julie!” Hiro? The Hiro?
I’ve known him since sophomore year. “Hiro!” I smiled. “Nice to see you.”
Adam smiled. “Thank you Private. I’ll be ready momentarily. Please give us a minute.” Hiro saluted and smiled to me then walked down the hill.
Adam turned back to me. “Bye Jule. I’ll write.” I should be used to him leaving, but I just gradutated and he’s only seen me for two weeks. I’ve seen him leave more than once now, but this time he was a higher rank, he was more wanted by the enemy.
“Bye Adam. You better.” I hugged him and then placed his hat on his head. “Bye handsome.” He walked down the hill.
“Take care of him Hiro!” I called, waving.
“I will, Julie!” Then they were gone.

I realized I was crying and I stroked his face in the picture. I sobbed and buried my head in my knees.
What was I going to do without my other half? I was going crazy. My sisters had left and gotten married, my parents go divorced a month ago. I was living alone. Well, Adam lived with me in our little apartment. That was one of the things he did before he left. He moved me in. Told me to take care of the place.
I put the picture back on the nightstand and flopped back into the bed. I dialed his cellphone number and it went straight to voicemail.
“Hey, you’ve reached Adam Damison. Sorry I missed your call. If this is Jule again, I’ll call back real soon. I’ll be home soon. Stay whole other half, remember we need to be whole halves to fit together.” I ended, I hung up.
That’s the only way I could hear his voice now. I rolled over and cried myself to sleep.

I was awaken by the sound of knocks on my door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please be nice. Its my own story. Copyrighted too.