Status: Extremely Active!

Better Than I Know Myself

Dreamer

I rolled out of my bed and walked to the door. I unlocked its three locks and cracked it open. Men stood at my door with a slip of paper and an American flag. I stared at them.
“May I help you?” I asked. I pushed back my bangs.
“Are you Miss Kells?” I nodded. “We have news from the US Army.” He handed me the white paper.
I opened it.
“Dear Jule. Hey, I'm on my way home, it'll take me a few weeks to get there though. Accept the American flag and look upset. Cry even. Love you. Adam.”
I cupped my hand over my mouth. Tears fell down my face. Then men handed me the flag and apologized. They left and I slammed the door and locked it and slid down the door frame.
Adam. My other half, my better half was coming home. I ran and got dressed. For some reason I knew it had to be today that he was coming home. I just knew it, he must have written that letter weeks ago.

I dressed in a sparkling silver and black gown. I tied my brunette hair up with a sliver sash and the did my make-up. I slipped on a pair of black heels and it began to pour outside.
“No No! Dammit!” I yelled and opened the door. I scoffed at the weather then shut the door.
I made deep fried chicken and peas. I haven't been shopping in weeks so this is what I had.
After the meal was finished a loud knock came at the door. My heart thudded in my chest.

I walked over to the door and unlocked it. My heart pounding in my ears. My other half. I felt whole.
I opened the door. His hair was long again and he wore a black leather jacket and baggy navy blue jeans. His combat boots were all muddy.
“Jule.” He whispered.
“A-” I tried to squeak out his name but instead I just latched to him. He carried me inside. He kicked the door closed with his foot.

His body was so wet but it was so familiar. He stroked my hair and I cried on his shoulder.
“Aw did you dress up for me?” He asked. He released me.
“Yeah.” I sniffed. “I made food too.” He licked his lips.
“Awesome. I haven't eaten for days.” He started to eat the food up quickly.
Adam ate fast and I cleaned the dishes after he finished eating and he flopped on the couch.

“So how did you get home?” I asked from the kitchen.
I heard him sigh. “I left.” I dropped the dishes I was washing and shut off the water.
“You..deserted?” I questioned. I wiped my hands on my towel.
“I guess I did.” He said.
I flopped on the couch next to him and sighed. “You can't do that.” I told him.
He ran a hand through his hair. “I did.” He smiled.
I placed a hand on his face. “Adam I don't want you--”
He pulled me forward and kissed me. He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me close.
“Adam.” I said, my voice muffled.
“Shh.” He said. He untied my sash from my hair and kept kissing me.

I let him kiss me then my door was busted open. “Adam Damison, you are hereby under arrest for abadoning the US Military.” I gasped as they pulled him from me.
“Like hell I am!” He pulled away and began to run. They shot a tazer at him and I watched him thrash on the floor.
“No!” I screamed. I felt his half of me dieing.
“Adam!” I screamed. I felt the man's rough hands on my arms, pulling me back.
His eyes rolled back and he thrashed and rolled on the floor. I pulled and cried. I watched him take a large breath and then he was gone. His eyes rolled back in his head.

“ADAM!” I screamed. Tears streamed.
I fell out of my bed and flopped on the floor again. This time, I blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we go! COMMENTS PLEASE!