Sequel: Fallen into Place
Status: Finished

Try to Live

My Head Is Stuck In The Clouds

Epilogue

"They won, they won!" Alice jumped up and down with Dave Bolland's wife, and Bryan Bickell's fiancee. Everyone cheered around them, minus the Bruins fans, and hugged each other. They walked down by the glass, all watching their significant others raise the Cup. Seeing all the joy on their face and their hard work finally pay off. All the girls laughed as Andrew continued his swearing as he rose Stanley over his head. It brought tears to Alice's eyes. She remembered staying up late at night as Andrew went on and on about how winning this trophy was a dream. All those nights were well worth it.

Once all the players got their chance, and the famous picture was taken, the families were allowed on the ice. Alice walked with Andrew's parents and his brothers, Jason and Josh. When they reached Andrew, his parents both hugged him as their eyes filled with tears. Jason picked Andrew up as they hugged.

"Don't get blood on me," Josh warned as he gave him his hug.

Andrew captured Alice's lips in a kiss and a long hug.

"I'm so proud of you baby." She gave him one last kiss before pulling away completely.

As Andrew talked to media, Alice mingled with other players and their families. While Patrick Sharp and Abby shared a moment by themselves, Alice held Maddy and walked around the ice with her. She even waved at some fans, which Alice thought was adorable and imagined what it would be like if she and Andrew had their own little kid. Her thoughts were abruptly stopped as Andrew skated up behind them and then transitioned to the front.

He tickled Maddy and caused her to go into a fit of giggles. He laughed as she hardly could say, "hi Shaw." Alice giggled and gave him a quick peck. He took Maddy in his arms before skating over to Abby and Patrick and giving her back to them. He skated back up to Alice and lifted her off her feet. She laughed and looked back up at him.

"I love you."

He smiled down at her and whispered in her ear, "I love you too."

Image

Alice sat comfortably on Andrew's back. He was giving her a piggy back ride up until him and Nick Leddy got in a heated conversation. They were heading to the buses for the championship parade and rally. Lindsey laughed as she passed by Alice's annoyed face.

"I can't ride with Jon on the bus." Linsey tightened the pony on her head before saying hi to Andrew and Nick.

"Oh that sucks. Who are you going with then?"

She made a face before glancing to the buses. "Patrick, Corey, and Brandon." Lindsey turned her attention back to a laughing Alice and stuck out her tongue.

Alice sat by Bryan Bickell's fiancee, Amanda, as the bus drove by all the screaming fans. Neither girls ever realized that there was that many fans. They were sure they are going to go deaf before the rally is over. Alice looked back and saw Andrew laughing with his teammates about something, and she smiled. She hadn't seen him this happy in a long time, and that warmed her. He pushed his foot lightly by her back, making her look at him. He gave her a giant, cheesy smile before mouthing the words 'love you'.

Since they had gotten back together, all they did was tell each other they loved them. They both missed the other so much, they needed to say it every chance they got. Andrew was looking at houses for them to move into. He said that he wasn't going anywhere and Alice wasn't either. And of course she agreed to move in with him. They were still looking for houses, so he was still living with Brandon, and she the same apartment from before. Honestly, she couldn't wait to live in an actual house with Andrew. Sure, it may be a couple steps to soon, but they had this whole summer still. People were telling them that they were moving to fast, but they dated before so Andrew and Alice didn't really think it was a big deal.

The parade was soon over, and the players were all getting ready to head up on stage. Andrew gave Alice a quick kiss before heading by the stairs, and she went off to the side so she could see the rally.

The players went up one by one, some saying a quick speech. All laughed at when Patrick Kane and Corey Crawford gave their speeches. Lindsey groaned at how hoarse Jonathan's voice sounded. Alice laughed at how non-crazy Andrew was; she expected him to be the drunk, off his rocker one.

After all the celebrating with the fans, Andrew wanted to take Alice out to dinner that night. He felt bad for not being able to spend time with her the last couple days because of all the partying.

Alice looped her second earing in as she heard her front door open and close. Footsteps made their way into her room and she smiled as Andrew looked at her through the mirror.

"I have to look twice as good now that I'm going to dinner with a Stanley Cup Champion." She turned to face him. She was wearing a red dress with black heals. Her hair was up in a pony, and curled.

Andrew blushed, something he didn't do very often. "Well I have to look twice as good since I'm going out with a model."

Alice snorted and shook her head as he grabbed her hand, leading her out if the apartment and to his car. He kept their hands locked and in the middle of the console the entire ride to the restaurant he was bringing them to.

Being a Stanley Cup Champion, he signed a couple autographs when they were walking in, but luckily he reserved a table in the way back for some privacy.

Andrew smiled at Alice, making her smile as well. He grabbed her hand from across the table and began to talk. Talk about everything in his life like Alice didn't know him, but it made her laugh. She enjoyed listening to his voice, especially when he made cheesy jokes. It made Alice realize just how much in love she was with him. She couldn't picture being with any other guy; no matter how cliché that sounded, it was true. In the middle if the conversation, a little boy and girl about five years old, ran up to Andrew and asked if he could sign their hats they had. Just watching him with kids made Alice long for children with him.

"Was winning the Cup the greatest thing that's ever happened to you?" The little boy asked.

Andrew chuckled, his head dropping for a moment but then looking up towards Alice. "It was a pretty great thing, but," he pointed towards Alice. "Meeting her was the greatest thing that's ever happened to me."
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.

I hope everyone enjoyed this story! BUT IT IS NOT OVER. nope, obviously there's a sequel! Alice and Andrew's journey had just begun. Here's the sequel.

Thank you so much for who has commented, subscribed, and recommended this story. I didn't think people would actually like it and pay attention to it as much as you all have. I love you all and I hope to see you all on Fallen Into Place!