Status: Active

Young and Reckless.

You Know Why.

Kennedy and I sat on the couch waiting for the gang to arrive. He glanced over at me.

“Cae, you really make me worry.” Ken stated.

I raised an eyebrow, “Why is that?”

He shook his head, “You’re barely wearing clothes.”

I laughed, “Oh Ken, calm down. I’m surrounded by you and the boys; besides everyone knows not to mess with me.”

He shrugged and didn’t reply. It was true though. Everyone at the school knew who I was and who my boyfriend was. They knew to keep away. Not to mention the fact that John was always by my side. He wouldn’t let anything happen to me.

From: JohnO! (:
Hope you know that you’re riding with me.


I smiled.

To: JohnO! (:
I was hoping I would.


There was a honk outside signaling that everyone had arrived. Kennedy and I jumped off the couch and made our way outside. John was leaning against his truck; Pat, Garrett, and Jared were trying to pile into Kennedy’s car. My eyes met John’s and I watched as he checked me out. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Let’s go party!” Pat shouted from the backseat of Ken’s car.

I laughed and hopped into John’s truck. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes as John hummed along to the radio. His voice was so soothing. I felt him place his hand on my knee. I opened my eyes and glanced at him. His eyes were focused on the road. I shrugged off the uneasy feeling and closed my eyes again. After a few minutes, his hand began moving up.

I jumped, “John!”

He turned to face me, “What?”

“Your hand.” I stated.

John moved his hand and put it on the steering wheel, “Sorry Cae.”

I leaned back and stared out the window. That was odd. John had never done anything like that before. We flirted with each other and held hands but never tried anything more. The fact that he didn’t seem to think he did anything wrong made me feel terrible. Was I leading him on? No. He was the one who started all of this. Besides we would still be dating if he hadn’t broke things off. I glanced at him. If he wants to step things up, fine, two can play that game.

John parked the truck a block from the house because there were no closer spots. Kennedy pulled in behind us.

“Johnny will you help me out?” I asked, batting my eyelashes.

He chuckled, “Why yes I will malady.”

I giggled as John walked around and helped me out of the truck. He laced his fingers with mine and we made our way towards the house with the boys in tow. As soon as we walked in the door people stared. John and I just smiled and walked to the backyard. He pumped the keg and poured us two drinks. We sipped them in silence.

From: Levi <3
‘How’s the party?’

To: Levi <3
‘It’s okay. We just got here.’

From: Levi <3
‘We, as you and John?’


I rolled my eyes.

To: Levi <3
‘Yes.’


Levi didn’t reply. I assumed he was upset. I shoved my phone in my pocket and chugged my beer.

John chimed in, “Whoa, slow down there Cade.”

I glanced at him, “Make me.”

He just laughed and handed me another drink. John wouldn’t make me stop drinking until it was completely necessary. The two of us seemed to be all alone outside, not that we minded.

“So what’s wrong?” John questioned.

I took a sip of my drink and looked at him, “I’m just so tired of Levi getting jealous.”

John pressed on, “What is he jealous about?”

“You.” I said simply.

He raised his eyebrows, “Why me?”

I chuckled, “I think you know why John.”

He gave me an odd look, which I returned with a smirk. I walked away from him and towards the crowd that was dancing.

I looked back at him, “Are you coming?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Please keep the comments coming, they fuel me.

Thanks: marina235

-Nina