Status: Active

Young and Reckless.

Distracting.

The final bell signaled and I couldn’t be happier that the first day of school was over. I walked to my locker and placed my backpack inside. I waited there for Kennedy to stop by, so I could let him know my plans for the day. Within minutes he was next to me.

“Hey there little sis, how was your first day?” Ken asked, shoving his belongings in the locker.

“By two minutes,” I mumbled, “It was good, I have practically every class with John.”

He slammed the locker and nodded.

“Speaking of John, I’m staying after to watch him practice.” I stated.

Kennedy nodded again, “Alright Cae.”

I smiled and hugged him goodbye. I watched as he walked off and met up with a group of friends. I turned the other way and made my way to the baseball field outside. The team was already out practicing. I gazed across the field and saw my favorite guy, number three. John was posted up on third base talking to the guy who played second base. I didn’t know any of their names, just John. I wolf whistled, which caused all the boys to turn and look at me. John smiled widely.

“Hey Cae!” He shouted and waved.

The other guys gave me a look, the one most boys did. I paid no mind to it and returned John’s smile. He ran towards the fence behind home plate and leaned against it, signaling for me to come over; which I did.

“Hey batter batter.” I stated with a smirk.

John grinned, “That’s supposed to distract the batter.”

I leaned in closer to the fence, “Well O’Callaghan, am I distracting you?”

He chuckled and shook his head, “Maybe you are Cade.”

His coach yelled for him to join practice and I waved goodbye. The two of us liked to tease one another. That’s just the kind of friendship we had. Of course to others we were viewed as dating or something along the lines of that.

I sat in the stands and watched John play. I was slightly upset when my phone rang and interrupted.

“Hello?”

“Hey babe, what are you doing?” Levi asked.

I paused, “I’m with Kennedy.”

“What are you doing with Ken?”

“Just watching the baseball team practice.”

“You ditched me to watch O’Callaghan play baseball.”

I took another brief moment of silence. I needed a lie, “Well there’s this girl he’s talking to and he didn’t want her to watch alone so he asked if Ken and I would stay.”


Lie.

“John is talking to a girl?”

“Yeah, we’ll see how long that lasts.”

“Okay. Well I’ll stop by when I can.”

“Okay babe.”


Levi hung up. He didn’t say bye or I love you; just hung up. I sighed, it was getting old. But I couldn’t let anyone else know. The slightest hint of a problem between us and the guys would jump on it. I heard clapping and looked up; practice was officially over. I stood up and walked towards the dugout where a sweaty John pulled me into his arms.

“Are you doing anything tonight?” John asked as I placed my head on his chest.

“No, why do you have plans?” I questioned.

He smiled down at me, “We all have plans; back to school party.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting: marina2351

I'll update on 5/21/13

-Nina