Hell on the Heart

Lost To Lust

Lost To Lust

“So, I guess this is ‘Goodnight’….” Sam said as he stood facing Harlow on the front porch of her home. Their attempt at a ‘normal’ date had been cut short by Dean calling Sam’s phone and insisting that he returned to the Baker household to meet with him, their father and Mr. Baker.

“Yeah, I guess….” Harlow looked up at Sam, a little sad that he had to go and wishing that their night didn’t have to end so soon. The Winchesters were only back in So Cal for the weekend while John regrouped with Matthew Baker, his ally in the hunt for the Colt, and she found it unfair that Dean had took it upon himself to snatch Sam away from her when she had only just got him back after what had been one of the longest months of her life so far.

“I’m sorry that we had to leave the movie early, Harl’…” Sam apologized for what must have been the umpteenth time since they had left the cinema complex.

“Sam, it’s okay, I understand…” Harlow insisted, noticing her date frown and moving to take hold of his hand. “I do…”

Sam glanced down at their entwined hands; “I wish that I didn’t have to go. I mean I haven’t seen you in, like, a month…”

He looked up to see Harlow staring at him, the same sadness he was feeling echoed in her blue eyes and let out a breath as he pulled her to him in a hug; “Dean’s an ass for calling me…”

“I assumed that he’d be too busy with Gina to bother you with hunting stuff tonight,” Harlow said, her hands finding the plaid fabric of Sam’s shirt and smoothing it out as she looked up at him.

“Are you kidding?!” Sam scoffed, smiling down at the redhead in his arms. “Dad says jump, Dean asks how high. It’s the way it’s always been with them…”

“So he’d leave Gina in the middle of a date to go and do what your Dad asked?” Harlow asked, her hands resting against Sam’s chest.

“Yeah, probably, or at least take her with him,” Sam nodded, smoothing back her hair with one hand while the other snaked its way around her slender waist. “I mean, we are staying at her Dad’s place after all…”

“I thought you guys would be staying with Gina like last time…” Harlow wondered out loud, fingering the buttons on his shirt as she stared into his eyes.

“Yeah, I thought so too…” Sam smiled down at her. “That guest room of hers holds some pretty good memories for me…” He moved his other hand to her waist, allowing it to slide down her arm slowly as he maintained eye contact with her, getting lost in her icy blue pools.

“Me too,” Harlow grinned. “So, I guess you should be going now, huh?” She asked, watching as Sam nodded but neither one of them made an attempt to move away from the other.

“I should…”

“And I’ll see you tomorrow…” Harlow’s gaze fell to Sam’s lips as thoughts of what it would be like to have them touching certain parts of her body flooded into her mind. It had been so long since she’d been with him like that but she hadn’t realized until that very moment just how much she missed it.

“Count on it…” Sam promised, inching closer to the redhead he was supposed to be walking away from.

“Good…” Harlow smiled, her heart racing and her breath quickening due to how close Sam was standing to her now. She could feel his breath on her lips as his fingers skimmed the exposed patch of skin between the hem of her t-shirt and the waistband of her jeans and as she watched Sam lower his head to bring his lips down on hers she knew that there was no way he was leaving her alone tonight.

They stumbled through the front door, locked in each other’s arms as they kissed furiously. Harlow was vaguely aware of her room mate, Roman, complaining about the disturbance she was creating in the hallway before Sam swept her up in his strong arms and carried her to her bedroom, bounding up the stairs two at a time. He placed her back down on solid ground when they reached her door, Harlow turning the handle and quickly leading him inside.

“So, five minutes longer won’t hurt…” Sam murmured before his lips were against Harlow’s once more.

He booted the door shut, moving towards the bed as the redhead in his arms wrapped herself around his strong frame and deepened their kiss, making her intentions known and they were intentions he shared. With a great effort on his part, he pulled back from her embrace to look into her eyes and share a smile with her before he brought his lips crashing down onto hers and they fell back onto the soft mattress of the bed, all thoughts about his family waiting for him and the latest hunt he was on forgotten about… at least for a little while.

Sam awoke hours later to the sound of voices in the hallway, children’s voices and although he was contented and comfortable lying there tangled up in Harlow, the hunter inside of him was intrigued by the noise because it was common knowledge that no children lived or ever visited Harlow’s home. It was only her and her room-mate, Roman, who lived at the property and he wasn’t exactly the paternal type. He was more of the partying type. The voices sounded again, a young girl crying out and Sam slowly pulled his arm out from beneath a sleeping Harlow, rolling over to get out of the bed. He grabbed his jeans, pulling them up his legs and glancing over his shoulder at the redhead wrapped up in the sheets behind him before rising to his feet and creeping out of the bedroom.

The hallway was empty; the only sign of life coming from down stairs were the light coming from the TV cast eerie shadows on the walls. Sam heard Roman chuckle at whatever the bartender was watching at such a late hour and figured that it had just been the actor’s on the show he had heard and not actual children’s voices. He cursed his father’s Military-like training in demon-hunting for making him overly-cautious and was just about to head back and join Harlow back in bed when he heard a young girl cry out again. His head snapped towards the bathroom, certain that the sound had come from within there and he carefully made his way along the hallway with the stealth of a true solider, intent on investigating.

The young hunter pushed open the door to the bathroom, standing warily in the doorway before reaching out a hand and flicking on the light. The small room illuminated instantly, the white tiles dazzling under the fluorescent light and Sam glanced around, searching for the youngster that had made the noises but he found nothing. He walked further into the room, his hazel green eyes inspecting every nook and cranny for anything out of the ordinary but there was nothing. No spooky handprint or message on the mirror, no ectoplasm oozing out of the walls, nothing. The only thing he discovered was a slow drip of water coming from the silver faucet over the bathtub which he smoothly turned to the off position before turning to walk back out into the hallway. Casting another glance over his shoulder just to double check he hadn’t missed something, Sam shook his head and switched off the light before pulling the door closed and heading back along the hallway towards Harlow’s bedroom.

When he entered the redhead’s room, he found her awake and sitting upright on the bed with the sheets wrapped around her slender frame and a worried look on her face.

“Hey…” Sam practically whispered, closing the door and walking over to join Harlow on the bed as she looked at him.

“Where did you go?”

“Oh, I just…” Sam trailed off, unsure if Harlow was aware of the potential spirit that inhabited her home. He let out a breath, sitting down on the edge of the bed and reaching out to pull Harlow towards his chest, deciding that it was better to just leave the ghost talk until the morning. He didn’t want to freak her out if it was something she wasn’t already aware of. Kissing her forehead and rubbing his hand against her back, he continued; “I needed the bathroom, that’s all…”

Harlow craned her neck to look up at him, her hand falling to rest on his denim clad thigh; “You needed to put on your jeans to go to the bathroom?”

“Yeah, well I didn’t exactly want to risk bumping into Roman…”

Harlow grinned teasingly, her hand sliding up from its resting place and towards the buttons of his jeans; “What? Are you scared that he might try it on with you?”

Sam smirked, watching Harlow’s expert fingers as they started to undo his buttons; “Right now I’m more interested in what you’re going to do…”

Their gazes met for a brief second, the air surrounding them thick with desire and it wasn’t long before Harlow had shifted her position so that she now sat astride Sam, her arms wrapped around his neck and her naked body pressed firmly against his as they kissed.

“Do you have to go now?” Harlow asked, breaking the kiss to look at Sam.

“Depends what you’ve got in mind…”

“I was thinking that maybe we could go for round two…” She purred seductively and Sam grinned, tugging at her bottom lip with his teeth.

“Then I think I could stay for a little longer,” He breathed, crashing his mouth against hers before they fell back against the mattress for the second time that night.

The following day, Sam and Harlow sat huddled up together on one of the sofa’s in Gina’s home as Dean filled Sam in on what he’d missed the night before. Sam had his arm wrapped around the redhead’s shoulders, his hand holding hers as she traced nonsensical patterns on top of it with her free hand.

“So Dad and Matthew have gone off after another lead on the colt, they want us to kick back and chill here for the next day or two,” Dean explained, looking at his little brother who nodded his head.

“Okay,” Sam replied, trying his best to remain focused on the conversation with his brother and the brunette beside him but it was hard when Harlow’s fingernails scraping against his skin were reminding him of the things they had done once they had returned to Harlow’s home after their date. He wanted nothing more than to escape with the redhead curled into his side and make her say his name the way she had said it last night both before and after his little paranormal investigation and then again this morning when they had shared a shower. He just couldn’t seem to get enough of her lately.

Harlow glanced at him as if sensing what he was thinking about and Sam caught her gaze, the young couple sharing a smile as Gina relaxed into her seat beside Dean and smirked, knowing that her match-making scheme had clearly been a success.

“Okay? That’s it? Last time Dad told us we had to stay behind you kicked up Hell and now you’re just all laid-back about it all of a sudden?” Dean questioned, staring at Sam in disbelief.

Gina reached out a perfectly manicured hand and placed it on his back, rubbing it soothingly; “Dean, take a pill, you guys deserve to have a break once in a while but if it makes you feel better we’ll try and find some information while you guys are stuck here…”

Dean glanced back at her, offering her a small smile of gratitude for her reassuring words as Sam cleared his throat and squeezed Harlow’s hand as he looked at her.

“We should, uh, probably go do a quick search of the Web for any possible leads…” He suggested, Harlow looking back at him knowingly.

“Uh, yeah…At my place,” She nodded. “Since you left your laptop there….”

Dean glanced over at his little brother, Gina’s hand still resting on his back; “You left your laptop at Harlow’s? You never leave your laptop, Sammy…”

Sam shrugged his shoulders, the sensation of Harlow’s fingers stroking his hand making it almost unbearable for him to hold it together any longer; “I had a lot on my mind…”

Dean caught the way his sibling glanced at the pretty girl beside him and smirked; “I can see that…”

“You guys go, we’ll make a couple of calls here, see if anybody knows anything and by anybody I mean Bobby…” Gina grinned across at her friends who certainly didn’t need telling twice.

The couple scrambled to their feet before the brunette could retract her offer and grabbed their jackets off the back of the sofa, Dean watching them with an amused curiosity. He’d never seen his baby brother so keen to be alone with a girl, he had to admit that going along with Gina’s plot to get Sam and Harlow together had been one of his best decisions yet but that didn’t mean that he was prepared to let the couple leave without having a little fun with them first.

“Hey, you know, G’ has an Internet connection here and a laptop that works just as well as yours does, Sammy…” The eldest of the Winchester brothers claimed as he rose to his feet, Sam looking back at him with panic stricken eyes as he shrugged on his jacket.

“Uh, no, you know how I like to work on my own machine, Dean…” He said, Dean suppressing a laugh as he watched him squirm.

Gina stood up; bringing her hand up to connect with the back of Dean’s head and making him look back at her questioningly. She gave him a look that told him to stop playing the jerk and smiled over at Sam and Harlow who were looking even more eager to leave than before.

“Ignore him, Sammy; your brother’s messing with you…” The brunette said, pulling a face at Dean when he scowled at her. “My laptop is nowhere near as good as yours. You guys go back to Harlow’s, let us know if you find anything…”

“We will…” Sam nodded, Harlow grabbing his hand and tugging him towards the hallway so that they could finally leave.

“Yeah, we’ll call you…” The redhead called back to her friend, leaving the lounge with Sam in tow.
Dean watched them go for a moment before looking back at his girlfriend; “Did you have to hit me?”

“You loved it and you know it,” Gina smirked up at him as he stepped towards her and pulled her into his arms. “Besides, you shouldn’t tease him… Don’t you remember what it was like to be young and in love?”

Dean smirked at her, bringing his lips down to brush against hers as she looped her arms around his neck; “I guess I’m getting old. Maybe you should remind me what it feels like…”

“With pleasure,” Gina grinned just moments before their lips met in a kiss that signified the start of their afternoon alone together.

“Jeez, it’s freezing in here! What the Hell is wrong with the heating?!” Roman complained upon leaving his bedroom with his latest boy toy, Federico who hardly spoke a word of English but was easy on the eye and that was all that really mattered to him. He glanced at the tall dark Latino boy following him and rolled his eyes when he just smiled back at him. “Honestly, sometimes I wonder why I bother with you…” He groaned, running his fingers through his short blond hair.

They headed down the hall, Roman wrapping his arms around himself in a bid to block out the bitter cold that had suddenly invaded his home and stopping outside of Harlow’s bedroom when he heard the grunting and groaning coming from behind the closed door. He smirked back at Federico, gesturing towards the door and the Latino nodded his head knowingly. Raising his fist, Roman banged it against the wood and laughed.

“Damn girl, you’re going to break him if you keep riding him so much!” He called into his room-mate but when he failed to get any kind of response out of her he moved away, taking his date by the arm and leading him down the stairs to take a look at the thermostat. He had friends coming by later on for a pre-birthday celebration and he needed the house to be warm for when they arrived otherwise he had no chance of getting any of them to strip which was something he was eager to see the Winchester brothers do, especially the one Harlow had been wrapped up in lately. It wasn’t fair that she was the one who was getting to have all the fun with him.

Once Roman and Federico reached the bottom of the stairs, Roman checked the thermostat displayed on the hallway wall and furrowed his brow when he realized that it was showing a perfectly acceptable temperature but the radiator underneath it was cool to the touch.

“That’s just not possible,” He sighed in confusion. “If this is working then the heating should be too…” He tapped the small plastic casing of the thermostat and glanced at Federico. “Guess we’ll just have to figure out how to heat this place up before our guests arrive, Rico…”

Federico smiled at him, stepping towards him and curling a tanned and muscular arm around his waist; “We make with the sex, yes?”

Roman rolled his eyes and pushed the Latino away; “Maybe later honey, I have a party to plan right now and my girl up there is having enough sex for the both of us…”

Behind her locked bedroom door, Harlow broke apart at the seams, crumbling beneath Sam as his name spilled past her lips the way he loved to hear her say it. Moments later, Sam joined her in her flight of ecstasy, collapsing against her and nuzzling at her neck as his orgasm shook his entire body.

“Well, if that’s how you do research, we should research together more often…” Harlow breathed against his ear, her hands roaming across his back and Sam looked up to smile at her.

“I’m more than up for that…” He replied, Harlow giggling at his comment before pulling him down to her for a kiss.

“I was hoping you’d say that…” She whispered, taking Sam by surprise and pushing him down onto the mattress, switching their position so that now she was the one on top. She ground her hips into his as he held onto her waist, placing her hands against his smooth toned chest for leverage.

“Again?” Sam asked, Harlow nodding as she ground her hips into his again prying a guttural moan out of him and he dug his fingers into the curve of her waist hard enough to leave bruises.

“Again…” Harlow responded, leaning forward to capture his mouth in a heated kiss. “I never want you to stop touching me… Ever…” She rocked her hips, enjoying the feeling of him filling her completely once more and nipped at his bottom lip with her teeth. The house may have been uncharacteristically cold but she was blissfully unaware, the heat between her and Sam warming her to her very soul as they rocked together beneath the sheets caught up in a haze of passionate desire that neither one of them wanted to end any time soon.

Despite the fact that the house was still as chilly as a snowy winter’s day that evening, Roman was adamant that his pre-birthday celebrations were still going to go ahead and as the night rolled on the alcohol was flowing freely and he had soon forgot all about the current heating problem. He had left Federico to chat with a friend who was fluent in whatever language it was that Federico spoke, a small detail that he should have known but if he was honest he didn’t really care. When they were doing the things that Roman loved them doing the most, he didn’t really need Federico to speak all that much, in fact he didn’t really need him to talk at all so it never really bothered him that he didn’t know what his boyfriend’s mother tongue was. Besides, right now he was much more interested in Dean Winchester and the words coming out of his mouth as he stood talking to him and Gina in the lounge.

“So, you work in construction, right? With your brother?” Roman asked the six foot tall hunk in front of him, his arm draped over the shoulders of the little green eyed beauty that had barely left his side all night.

“That’s right,” Dean nodded, sipping his beer. “A family business sort of deal that our Dad got us into…” He added, Gina looking up at him in awe of the way he could spin a line with such a stoic expression on his face.

“My Dad wanted me to get into construction,” Roman offered, Dean raising an eyebrow at him. “He was all into that male bonding stuff with me until he realized that I was more into actual bondage with males and our relationship kind of ended…” He stated matter-of-factly, Dean almost choking on his beer. “Are you okay?”

Dean nodded, tightening his hold around Gina as she buried her head into his chest to suppress her giggles; “Uh, yeah, man, I’m good…”

Sam stood with Zack, listening to him go on about his band and how they were planning on going into the recording studios next month or something. He wasn’t really listening; his gaze and mind were focused on the redhead across the room dressed in a strappy black dress that stopped just above her knees. Harlow turned away from the conversation she was having with one of the party guests, catching Sam’s gaze and holding it as she bit down on her bottom lip in a way that she knew he found unable to resist.

“I mean, I’m looking at a six to twelve month stretch out on the road but it’ll be worth it…” Zack continued as if Sam was paying attention to him, oblivious to the way his friend was staring at his girlfriend across the room. “Once we get this record done and we start touring, man, it’ll be the best feeling in the world….”

“Uh-huh, the best…” Sam muttered, his eyes still glued on Harlow as she turned back to the conversation she was having.

Zack looked up at Sam, smirking when he noticed that although his friend was in the same room as him, his mind certainly wasn’t; “Of course it won’t be as good as setting my girl on fire and dumping her body in the river…”

“Yeah, no doubt about it…” Sam snapped out of his current state and turned to look at Zack, realizing what he had just said. “Wait… What?!”

Zack patted his shoulder as he laughed; “I knew that would get your attention. You haven’t listened to anything I’ve been telling you, you’ve just been standing there staring at Harlow…”

Sam raised his hand to rub the back of his head as he looked back at his friend sheepishly; “Sorry. I guess I just find it hard to concentrate when she’s around…”

“No kidding!” Zack scoffed, gesturing to his empty beer bottle. “I need a refill, do you want one?”

“Sure…” Sam smiled at him and Zack nodded his head before walking off towards the kitchen. The young hunter watched his friend go before looking back towards where he knew Harlow would be standing with her friends but to his surprise she wasn’t there.

He glanced around the room, his brow furrowing in concern as he tried to catch a glimpse of the redhead before someone came up behind him and placed their hands over his eyes, plunging him into darkness.

“Guess who?” A familiar voice whispered into his ear.

Sam smiled instantly, bringing his hands up to the ones over his eyes and pulling them away before turning around and taking Harlow into his arms.

“Hey, I was just looking for you…” He told her, Harlow smiling up at him as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I noticed…” She said, biting down on her bottom lip before nodding towards the stairs. “And I know this is my friend’s birthday party but all I can think about is how badly I want to be alone with you right now…”

“Funny, because I was just thinking the same thing…” Sam whispered, brushing his lips against hers.

Harlow giggled, moving to grab his hand and leading him towards the stairs as Dean and Gina watched them from across the room.

“Are they going off to do what I think they’re going to do?” Dean asked, glancing sideways at Gina who smiled back at him as she watched her two friends weave their way up the staircase.

“I don’t think you need to know what they’re going to do, Dean,” She replied, glancing back at him. “Just be grateful that they’re going upstairs to do it…”

“True…”

Once inside the safety of Harlow’s bedroom with the door locked, Sam pushed Harlow back against the wall and kissed her fiercely; “I’ve missed you…”

Harlow’s hands found the waistband of his jeans, tugging at the buttons; “I’ve missed you too…”

Sam pressed his warm, damp mouth to her throat as his hands slipped up under her dress, his fingers skimming over her panties; “I need you, Harlow…”

He allowed his thumb to draw small circles against her core; pressing against the satin and feeling the fabric dampen from his touch. Harlow let out a groan, pressing herself into his touch as she finally freed him from his denim constraints.

“I want you, Sammy…” She panted, looking up into his eyes as she pushed down his boxers, allowing them to fall and pool against the dark blue of his jeans. “Now…”

That was all Sam needed to hear and he pushed his way inside of her with a groan as Harlow wrapped herself around him and bucked her hips against his, pressing herself against him for all she was worth.

Downstairs, Roman had made his way into the kitchen to retrieve another drink or two and found Zack talking to Federico by the small partition wall that separated the kitchen from the dining area.

“Hey guys…” He nodded a greeting towards them, Federico instantly reaching out and grabbing his hand as Zack grinned at him.

“Hey Roman, what’s the deal with this wall?” The green-eyed guitarist asked, gesturing towards the small wall he was standing beside and Roman shrugged his shoulders.

“How should I know, I didn’t design the place, I just live here…” He tugged his hand free from Federico’s and turned towards the ice bucket on the kitchen counter but his date grabbed his hand again, spinning him back towards the wall. “Damn it, Rico, I want a beer!”

“Place hand… Very nice,” Federico grinned, raising Roman’s hand towards the wall and pressing it against the damask wallpaper.

“Well, yeah, its great wallpaper,” Roman groaned. “Can I get my drink now?” He moved to step away from the wall but Zack laughed and pushed the birthday boy’s hand back against it.

“Just wait….”

Roman rolled his eyes, scowling at the two men as he started plotting a way to get them back for what seemed to be some kind of joke and then he felt something take hold of him. His hand seemed to merge with the wall, small ripples of pleasure washing over him again and again and making every part of his body tingle. He let out an involuntary gasp, Federico and Zack laughing as they watched him squirm with the delightful sensation that was pulsating through his body before he went completely rigid, his eyes rolling back into his head.

“Oh my God!!!!” Roman cried out, the final climatic wave crashing over him as he panted for breath and looked back at his friends. “What was that?!”

“Dude, it’s your house, you should know…” Zack laughed, Roman shaking his head at him as he managed to pull his hand away from the wall. His legs felt weak and he leaned against Federico for a moment to regain his composure.

“Well, whatever that was, it was amazing….” Roman gasped. “And I should totally charge for it…”

Dean and Gina sat on the stairs; talking softly to each other and watching the rest of the party guests weave their way in and out of the lounge excitedly. The hunter in Dean told him that something more than just alcohol was causing the buzz and he craned his neck to try and get a look into the room but he couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary. He turned to look at Gina, his brow furrowed.

“Something’s going on…” He told her, Gina shaking her head at him.

“It’s a party, Dean,” She replied, taking a drink from the bottle in her hands. “Plenty of things will be going on…”

Dean shook his head; “No, something weird, G’. I just know it…”

“Is your Spidey sense tingling?” Gina taunted him, giggling at her own wit and Dean scowled at her. “Oh, come on, Dean, there’s nothing spooky going on here. This is just a regular house party where people are going to get drunk and things are going to get a little wild. Turn the hunter off for once…” She smirked at her boyfriend. “I mean, if Sammy can relax enough to have a good time, I’m sure you can too…”

Dean pulled a face at her; “I’d rather not know how much of a good time my baby brother is having right now, thank you very much…”

Gina laughed, offering him the bottle of beer she held in her hands; “Here, drink this, maybe you’ll chill out more….”

Dean smirked, shaking his head as he caught her gaze; “I’d rather have you…”

He placed his hand on her knee, sliding it slowly upwards and Gina shrieked, batting his hand away and dropping the bottle of beer as she jumped to her feet.

“Get off me! What are you doing? That’s disgusting!” She yelled at him.

Dean rose to his feet, looking back at her in confusion; “G’, what did I do?”

“You’re dirty…” Gina snapped at him before running off up the stairs and Dean glanced around, letting out a sigh.

“Something weird is definitely going on here….” He muttered.

Harlow rolled off Sam, collapsing onto the bed beside him. She couldn’t remember when they had made it to the bed but she was grateful that they had as her exhausted body relaxed into the soft mattress. Sam rolled onto his side, looking down at her and smiling.

“When did we get here?” He asked softly, gesturing to the bed and Harlow giggled as she smiled back up at him.

“I have no idea…”

Sam reached out and ran a hand down the side of Harlow’s face as he stared down into her icy blue eyes; “You’re amazing, you know that?”

Harlow shifted slightly so that she could bring her lips up to meet Sam’s in a sweet kiss and that was all it took for the spark to ignite between them again. Sam pulled her towards him, his hand gripping her hip.

“You’re too far away from me…” He whispered, kissing her softly.

“I’m right here…” Harlow replied, her fingers tangling in his hair and Sam shook his head as he rolled forward so that she was now pinned beneath him.

“That’s still too far…” He murmured pressing his lips to hers again, resting his body in between her legs and Harlow felt herself slip into his tender embrace, unable to resist the urge to be intimately close to him again.

Zack was still standing beside the wall that stood in between the kitchen and dining area, laughing at the clueless party guests Roman was introducing to the joy he had discovered earlier. He watched as his friend Johnny succumbed to the intense sexual pleasure he was receiving through placing his hand on the wall and laughed at the way the bass player groaned and squirmed whilst glued to the spot.

“Man, JC, if that’s the face you pull when you’re getting laid no wonder you don’t see any action…” He chuckled, watching his friend’s face contort just as Gena approached him. “Oh, hey babe…Check this out, it’s hilarious…”

“I don’t want to watch Johnny get off, Zack…” Gena complained, bringing her hands up and gripping greedy fistfuls of her boyfriends t-shirt, pulling him close to her.

“Gena, what the…” Before Zack could finish his question, the blonde he was currently dating pressed her lips against his wildly and a little more inappropriate than what he was expecting from her. She pulled back before he could respond to the kiss, staring back at him in shock.

“Gena, are you okay?” Zack asked, knowing that something was clearly going on with his girlfriend and she shook her head before slapping him across the face and running off in tears. “What the fuck is she taking?” He grumbled, rubbing at his cheek as he watched his girlfriend push her way through the crowd.

Dean couldn’t shake off the feeling that something was seriously wrong in the house he was currently standing in and as he watched Gena fleeing down the hallway, sobbing uncontrollably he knew that whatever it was it seemed to be affecting everyone around him. He started running through possible causes in his head as he made his way up the stairs, intent on finding Gina so that they could start to get to the bottom of this. There was no hope of him getting his baby brother away from the redhead he was currently tangled up in, he knew that for sure, so if he was going to investigate whatever it was that was causing people to go crazy at this party then he’d need his girlfriend’s help. That’s if she hadn’t completely lost it too, the way she had blown up on him earlier freaked him out. She’d never reacted like that when he’d touched her before, not even when they had first started dating.

He reached the hallway, making his way along the narrow corridor towards the bathroom and resisting the urge to go bang hell out of Harlow’s bedroom door just to interrupt whatever she was getting up to with Sam. He paused as he passed it, thinking about how pissed his little brother would be but then he heard a noise coming from the bathroom that sounded like a girl crying and continued on his way down the hall.

“G’, you in here?” He called out, tapping lightly on the door to the bathroom and then twisting the handle when he got no response from the other side.

Walking into the bathroom, Dean glanced around looking for Gina but saw no sign of her. He let out a sigh and turned around to leave when the sound of a girl sobbing caught his attention again and he spun around, coming face to face with a young teenage girl with her hands bound and her hair hacked within an inch of her scalp. She was deathly pale and soaked through, staring at him with pleading eyes as tears ran down her face.

“Son of a bitch!” He cursed, stumbling backwards and the girl approached him, offering her bound hands out towards him.

“Please mister, help me….” She sobbed. “Help me….”

“Dean!” Gina called out to her boyfriend and the ghost girl vanished, Dean staring at where she had just been standing. “Dean!”

“In here…” Dean called back and Gina entered the bathroom, immediately walking up to him and throwing her arms around him.

“I’m sorry, you’re right, something weird is going on here….” She told him, Dean pulling back from her embrace to look at her.

“What did you see?”

“It’s not what I saw; it’s what I heard…” Gina replied, looking up at him. “I came up here and I swear I could hear kids out in the hall, they were laughing and playing and then….” She swallowed hard and Dean knew she was frightened.

“Then what, baby?” He asked gently.

“They were screaming, like they were scared….” Gina paused. “Dean, they were afraid of something… Or someone. What the Hell is going on here?”

“I don’t know but whatever it is, it’s not good…” Dean replied. “There was a kid in here, well, a ghost... She asked me to help her….” He glanced around, Gina looking up at him ready to follow his lead. “We need to get Sam…” He decided, gripping his girlfriends hand and leading her out into the hallway.

Zack wandered throughout the downstairs of Harlow’s home searching for his girlfriend, intent on finding out what was wrong with her. There was no sign of her anywhere and he was just about to head up the stairs to look for her up there when he heard the faint sound of someone crying in the broom cupboard underneath the staircase. He stopped and listened closely, recognizing the sobs as those of his girlfriends and pulled the door open without as much as a second thought. The scene playing out before him shocked him to his very core and for a moment he couldn’t do anything but stare at the beautiful blonde cutting off chunks of her hair with a pair of scissors.

“Baby, what are you doing?” He asked, snapping out of his trance and realizing that his girlfriend needed his help.

“I’m a bad girl…” Gena muttered, tears rolling down her cheeks as she hacked off another handful of her golden locks. “A bad, bad girl…”

“Baby, seriously, what the fuck have you took?” Zack stepped into the cupboard, pulling the scissors out of Gena’s hands before helping her up to her feet and guiding her out into the hallway. “Come on; let’s get you some air…”

“Sam! Sammy!” Dean yelled, pounding his balled fist on the door of Harlow’s bedroom as Gina stood behind him waiting anxiously for a response from either of her friends. “SAM!”

Inside the bedroom, Sam collapsed on top of Harlow, panting for breath, his skin glistening with sweat. He was vaguely aware of movement outside in the hallway, of someone calling his name.

“Harl’, can you hear something?” He asked the redhead beneath him but she shook her head, pressing her lips to his as she scraped her nails lightly down his back.

“No…” Harlow whispered, pulling him towards her by wrapping her legs firmly around his. “But you’ve stopped touching me…” She nipped at his bottom lip. “Don’t ever stop touching me…”

Sam reached for her with a groan and their love-making started again, the young couple close to the point of complete exhaustion but neither one attempting to put an end to what they were doing.

“SAM!” Dean pounded his balled fist against the door again, shaking it within its frame but he still didn’t get a response from the bedrooms inhabitants. “SAMMY!!”

Gina was just about to suggest that they try again a little later as it was obvious that the couple within the confines of the bedroom was a little preoccupied but then she saw two little green shoots poke out from underneath the door.

“Dean…” The brunette nudged her boyfriends arm, making him look at her and she gestured down towards the greenery growing underneath her best friend’s door. “Look…”

Dean glanced down at his feet, stepping back and pushing Gina behind him when he noticed the green shoots multiply before his very eyes as they continued to snake their way out from underneath the door.

“What the….?”

There was a low rumble then, followed by an earthquake like tremble and the house shook like a leaf in the wind. Gina clung onto Dean as they were forced back away from the bedroom with the impact of the shake and they tumbled towards the stairs. People started to scream and run out of the house as it shook again, this one a lot more powerful than the last. Pictures fell off the walls, lights flickered wildly and the plants that had started to sprout out of Harlow’s room were now thick, thorny vines that completely covered the door.

“Dean, what the Hell is going on?!” Gina demanded to know, Dean shaking his head as he grabbed her hand and helped her to hurry down the stairs.

“We need to get out of here!” Dean told her, pushing her towards the front door when they reached the hallway.

“What about Harlow? And Sammy?” The brunette asked, Dean glancing up the stairs where he knew his brother and girlfriend were now trapped by whatever supernatural force they were dealing with this time.

“Don’t worry, we’ll get them…” He assured Gina, looking back at her. “Right now, we just need to get out of here…” He ushered her towards the door, noticing Zack standing on the porch holding Gena who was sporting a new hairstyle and Roman who looked like he’d seen a ghost or twenty.

“What’s going on?” Zack immediately asked his sister when she stepped out onto the porch but Gina shrugged her shoulders.

“No clue, I’ve never known anything like this. Maybe we should call Dad….” She said, turning to look back at Dean who was already pulling out his cell phone to call his own father.

“I’m on it,” He told her, stepping over the threshold. Moments later the door to the house slammed shut violently behind him and the entire house trembled with the impact. Dean spun around on his heels, immediately trying the door handle but it wouldn’t budge. The door seemed to have merged into the framework of the house, locking Harlow and Sam inside of it. “SAM!!” Dean started pounding on the door. “HARLOW!!!”

Harlow and Sam remained oblivious to events taking place outside of the bedroom, too lost in each other to realize that their friends had been forced out of the house and were now locked out on the porch trying desperately to get back inside. The vines outside their door were growing thick and fast, keeping them enclosed inside the dark bedroom and any potential rescuers out. They spread out along the hall, snaking their way down the stairs and leaving a web of thorny green leaves in their wake. They covered the doorways and the floor, turning the inside of the house into a jungle and all the while Sam and Harlow were completely oblivious to what was happening, blissfully unaware that their passion was causing such chaos.

Outside, Dean was still trying to get the door open while Gina dished out orders.

“Zee, I need you to take Gena home and tell Dad and John what’s going on. If anyone can figure this out, it’s them…” She told her brother who nodded in compliance, clutching his frightened girlfriend.

Roman looked over at the brunette; “What about me? This is my home and that’s my best friend in there!”

Gina placed her hands on Roman’s arms, looking him dead in the eye; “I know, and we’ll get her out. We’ll get both of them out. But right now, I need you to go find Federico and stay with him until you hear from me. Can you do that?”

“But, Gina…”

“Roman! I need you safe. I promise you that I’m not going to let anything bad happen to Harlow… Not now, not ever. You got me?” Gina stared at Roman, her green eyes boring into his as she waited for him to agree to her request and the blonde male eventually folded.

“Okay,” He nodded. “Okay, but you get my girl out of there…”

“I will, I promise…” Gina assured him and Roman hugged her before running off to find his date. The brunette watched him go before turning to her brother. “What are you still doing here? Haul ass and get Dad already!” She snapped at him and Zack hurried off the porch with Gena tucked under his arm, scrambling into his car and speeding off into the night to get help.

Dean booted at the door with all his might, putting all of his strength into each kick, determined to break the wooden structure down so that he could get to his little brother and Harlow. Gina watched as he took a step back and then ran at the door, bringing his boot up to connect with the wood and with a crash the door flew open, sending Dean hurling into the hallway. He smacked into the wall, landing into a heap of limbs on the floor and Gina rushed to the doorway, staring at him.

“Dean!!” She called out after him, smiling in relief when he raised a hand and waved weakly at her.

“I’m okay….” He called back, wincing as he got to his feet and taking a moment to get his bearings before noticing the thick vines spreading thick and fast towards him. “Scratch that…”

Gina didn’t have a chance to respond to his statement, all she could do was watch as the vines stretched out towards her boyfriend before some kind of invisible force picked him up and threw him through the air, sending him back over the threshold before the door slammed shut again and the thick green vines from inside the house spread out around it, sealing the entrance off.

Dean landed with a thud on the lawn, Gina rushing to his side as he lay there trying to get his breath back.

“Dean, are you okay?” The brunette asked, dropping to her knees and looking at her boyfriend in concern. He coughed, wincing at the pain he felt in his chest, and looked back up at her.

“I’ve had worse…”

Zack found his father and John Winchester discussing their search for the colt at the kitchen table. The two men looked up when the eldest of the Baker children entered the room, tugging his scared looking girlfriend in behind him.

“Zack, what is it?” Matthew Baker asked his son, immediately rising from his seat and walking over to him.

“There’s something freaky going on at Harlow’s house, G’ told me to come get you…”

“Is she still there?” Matthew wanted to know and Zack nodded.

“She’s with Dean…” He replied. “Dad, the house just seemed to take on a life of its own. Everyone started acting weird and all this crazy stuff started happening…” He paused, looking up at his father with concern in his emerald green eyes. “Dad, Harlow and Sam are trapped in there…”

John got to his feet upon hearing his youngest son’s name; “Where are they?”

“Harlow’s place on Parker Drive…” Zack replied, looking over at John. “618”

John thought for a moment before grabbing his journal and flicking through it. Matthew looked over at his friend, knowing that he was on to something.

“John, what is it?”

“Parker Drive, I know that name…” John replied, flipping pages over until he found what he was looking for and he tapped his finger against the journal entry. “I knew it! Parker Drive is where that old orphanage used to be…” He looked up at Matthew, beckoning him over to look at the journal with a nod of his head. “Back in the sixties, a group of nuns ran the local orphanage and it wasn’t until the mid-eighties when the place got closed down that reports of child abuse and all kinds of torture came to light…Some kids even died in there, with the nuns claiming that they were helping the children to find God…”

Matthew read over the passage before looking up at his friend; “Are you thinking this has something to do with what’s happening at Harlow’s?”

“The orphanage was bought by a building firm and instead of demolishing it; they decided to divide the place up into a set of new houses because they liked the look of the building…” John started to explain. “It sounds to me like there could be a lot of angry spirits roaming that place. I bet one of them is inside Harlow’s home…”

“So what do we do?” Zack asked, looking between the two men as Gena stood shivering beneath his arm.

“I’m not going back there…” She announced adamantly, Zack rubbing her shoulder reassuringly.

“No one said you had to, sweetheart…” He told her soothingly, pressing a kiss to her head before looking back at his Dad. “Gina needs help, Dad…”

“John, the kids need our help. Is this a simple salt and burn?” Matthew wanted to know, looking back at his long-time friend.

John nodded, starting to gather up his things; “Sounds like it, let’s go…”

Dean and Gina were standing helplessly on the porch trying to figure out how to get back into the house when their Dads arrived in John’s pick-up truck. They had tried breaking the door down again but had no success and the windows may as well have been a part of the wall because of how hard it was to break them.

“Gina!” Matthew called out to his young daughter as he got out of the truck and the brunette looked over at him, smiling with relief.

“Dad!” She ran down the porch steps towards him. “We can’t get in. Sam and Harlow are still in there. Dad, we’ve gotta help them…”

“We will, honey, we will…” Matthew assured her, walking back up onto the porch with her as John followed them, clutching an axe and a rucksack filled with supplies they might need.

He surveyed the house, glancing at Dean who was watching him attentively, almost as if he was waiting for his father’s command.

“Have you tried the windows?” He asked his eldest son and Dean nodded.

“Yes sir, they’re sealed shut…” He replied obediently. “Something definitely doesn’t want us to get in…”

“Or Sammy and Harlow to get out….” Gina added with a hint of panic in her voice and her father looked at her.

“Maybe you should sit this one out, sweetheart…”

Gina looked up at her Dad, immediately going on the defensive as she jutted out her hip and rested her hand upon it; “Nu-uh, Dad, this is my gig. That’s Harlow in there! When that kid came to us in tears all those years ago I swore to protect her and that’s what I’m gonna do…”

Matthew was just about to protest when his cell phone rang out, breaking the tense silence that had filled the night air and he pulled it out of his pocket, bringing it up to his ear to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Dad, it’s me…”

“Zack…” Matthew smiled slightly, hoping that his son was about to tell him something useful. “Have you found anything?”

“Dad, I think you’ve got a poltergeist on your hands… A girl died in that home, she was drowned by one of the nuns who claimed to be saving her soul from Lucifer… They caught her kissing a boy and hacked off her hair before performing what I guess they thought was a baptism ritual…”

“Great…” Matthew sighed. “What else have you got for me?”

“Well, I think with all the hormones flying around lately, what with Harlow and Sam at it like rabbits, that they’re feeding her rage. Like, she never got to act out on all of that or whatever… Whatever it is, she’s pissed and if you guys don’t stop her, she’s going to kill them….”

“Okay, thanks, son…” Matthew hung up the phone and slipped it back into his jeans pocket as he looked back at his daughter and the two Winchester men in front of him.

“Well, what did Zack say?” Gina wanted to know.

“If Sam and Harlow don’t stop what they’re doing in there, they’ll die…”

“Well, I can think of worse ways to go…” Dean remarked with an amused smirk and Gina glared at him.

“That’s not funny, Dean! Sam and Harlow are in danger; we need to figure out how to stop this thing before it kills them….” The brunette scolded him and Dean pulled a face at her, gesturing towards the door.

“Yeah? Well, first we’ve gotta get in there….”

John stepped forward, the axe in his hands held high and ready to aim at the front door to the house; “Step back…”

After what seemed like forever to Gina, John finally managed to gain them some access to the house and entered the hallway triumphantly, still swinging his axe at the vines like a mad man. Once the hallway was clear enough for the four of them to stand together in a small close circle, John gestured to Matthew to open the rucksack and immediately started to pull weapons out of it.

“Let’s split up. Dean, you and Gina go get Harlow and your brother…” John offered a machete out to his son who took it without question. “Matt and I will salt and burn this little bitch…”

“On it…” Dean concurred, grabbing Gina’s hand and helping her up the stairs as he cut at the vines with the machete in his other hand.

John and Matthew watched their kids go up the stairs before cutting themselves a path into the lounge. They exchanged a glance before moving in opposite directions, stepping cautiously further into the home and hacking at any vines that were in their way. Matthew headed towards the kitchen whilst John investigated the lounge and it wasn’t long until the head of the Baker clan was calling out to his friend for assistance.

Gina heard her father shout his companions name and knew that he was in trouble. She glanced worriedly down the stairs before looking back at Dean who squeezed her hand reassuringly.

“They can handle it; we’ve got to get Harlow and Sam…” He told her and she nodded, moving carefully up the stairs behind him.

When they reached the hallway they discovered that it was near impossible to get to Harlow’s room, the doorway now nothing more than a thick wall of heavy vines woven tightly together. Dean let out a breath, clutching the machete in his hands and preparing himself for what he was about to do. If he wanted his baby brother back then he was going to have to tackle the jungle in front of him first.

He glanced sideways at Gina, offering her a smirk; “Right, let’s go shake our little lovebird’s outta their nest…”

The young couple moved towards their friend’s bedroom when there was a sudden splash of water behind them, like someone had tossed something, or someone, into the bathtub and then there was screaming and the unmistakable sound of a struggle. Without even hesitating, Gina ran off towards the bathroom vaguely aware of Dean calling out her name behind her.

She burst open the bathroom door, surprised to find it empty but the white bathtub full to the brim with water. Glancing back at Dean in the hallway she signaled to him that she was okay before walking into the tiled room to empty the tub.

Harlow was sore all over, her mouth was swollen from being well and truly kissed by Sam and yet she found herself unable to stay away from him. She needed him, she needed to feel his skin on hers, and she needed to feel him inside of her. There was no way to describe it other than ‘need’. As he lay beside her, breathless and panting, the only thing she could think of was that he was too far away from her. He was right next to her, his body pressed up against hers, but it was too far. He was too far, she needed him closer and rolling over to place kisses against his chest it wasn’t long before her need was quelled as their bodies connected once more.

Downstairs, John had rushed to Matthew’s aid to find his friend face to face with the ghost of what must have been the youngster who had died at the hands of the crazed nuns. She was staring at Matthew as she offered her bound hands out to him, pushing him back up against the kitchen wall.

“Help me…” She pleaded. “Help me, mister. They tell me I’m bad… I’m not; I’m a good girl…”

John pulled his gun out of the waistband of his jeans and quickly aimed it at the spirit who snapped her head around to look at him with huge pleading eyes.

“I’m sorry, sweetheart; I don’t negotiate with ghosts…” He remarked before pulling the trigger and watching as she disintegrated the moment the rock salt bullet hit her.

Matthew let out a breath of relief before realizing that John could have easily hit him instead of the ghost girl; “Hey, jackass, you could have shot me!”

John smiled, placing the safety back onto his revolver and slipping it back into his waistband; “You’re welcome. Now, let’s gank this bitch before she comes back…”

Dean sliced and chopped at the vines, cursing under his breath when one whipped back and hit him in the face, its thorn cutting his cheek. He wasn’t going to be deterred though, his little brother was in that room and if Dean didn’t get him out he wasn’t going to make it through the night. There was no way that Dean was going to allow that to happen, he hadn’t spent his entire life looking out for Sam just to let him die now, no way, no how. He was getting his baby brother out of there even if it killed him in the process.

He was just raising his machete ready to hack at another vine when he was startled by a loud, wild scream. Gina’s scream. Still clutching the machete, he turned and ran towards the bathroom rushing into the room to find his girlfriend bent over the tub with her head and shoulders fully submersed in the water.

“Gina!” Dean yelled, dropping the knife and rushing to the brunette’s aide. He grabbed her around the waist, tugging her away from the tub but it was like something was holding her under and it took him at least two good solid attempts before he finally freed her.

They fell back against the tiled floor, Gina dripping wet from the waist up and gasping for air. Dean held her in his arms, pushing her wet hair away from her face and staring at her.

“G’, you okay?” He asked, desperate to know that his girlfriend was fine and smiling a little when Gina coughed and opened her eyes to look back at him.

“That bitch ruined my hair…” She spluttered angrily and Dean laughed, pressing his lips to her damp forehead.

“Baby, you look just fine…” He assured her. “Come on, we’ve got a job to do…”

Dean helped Gina up off the floor, shrugging off his leather jacket and placing it around her shoulders as she looked up at him.

“I swear, after tonight, I’m banning Sam and Harlow from ever being in the same room together….”

Dean chuckled softly; “Says the girl who got them together…”

They turned towards the door, Dean picking up the knife he had dropped and they were just about to leave when the ghost girl appeared in front of them, only this time she wasn’t crying… She looked pissed.

“There’s got to be something in here that’s tying her to this place,” John said as he looked around downstairs with Matthew. “A doll, a picture, a dress… Anything…”

As his hunting friend ran off a list of objects that could possibly link the young girl’s spirit to the house, Matthew searched the kitchen before noticing the wall that separated the cooking area from the dining area. It looked odd, out of place, almost as if it wasn’t supposed to be there. This intrigued him and with the handle of the knife he held in his hands, Matthew started to tap along the wall stopping when he hit a hollow spot.

“Hey John, come see this…” He called out to the eldest of the Winchester men and John joined him in the kitchen, curious to find out what his companion had found. “I don’t think this wall’s supposed to be here…”

John tapped his fist against it, nodding his head knowingly when he heard the hollow sound; “I think you’re right. Maybe there’s something behind it…”

Matthew considered his friends suggestion and flipped open the rucksack he was carrying before pulling out a small mallet and smiling at John.

“Let’s find out…”

Dean pushed Gina behind him protectively as they stood face to face with the spirit that was causing all this mayhem in the house.

“Look, we’re real sorry that you got placed with a bunch of crazy nuns and that now you’re pissed about it but we’re just trying to help you here….” He started, the ghost girl tilting her head to the side as she watched him. “That’s what you want, right? For us to help you?”

The ghost girl shook her head before whispering; “I want you to die…”

It didn’t take long for Matthew to break a hole in the partition wall and with the help of John using the handle of his axe to make the hole wider, the two hunters soon discovered exactly what was keeping the girl’s spirit tied to the house. Behind the wall was the skeleton of a youngster, its hands bound together with frayed rope. The two men looked at each other for a brief moment before John reached for the rucksack and pulled out the canister of salt.

“Looks like they hid her in the wall once she’d drowned,” Matthew concluded, taking the salt off John and pouring it over the bones within the hole in the wall. “Poor kid, no wonder she’s pissed…”

Dean and Gina watched as the ghost girl approached them, her once pleading and tear-filled eyes now cold and lifeless. She stepped towards Dean who held his machete out in front of him.

“Trust me, bitch, I’m not afraid to use this if I have to…” Dean told her. “I’ve taken out bigger son of a bitches than you…”

“Dean, you know that won’t actually do anything to her, right?” Gina hissed over his shoulder. “I mean, it’s not even iron…”

“Yeah, well she doesn’t know that…” Dean hissed back and Gina slipped her hands into the waistband of his jeans. “You want to get freaky now, G’, really?”

Gina pulled his revolver loaded with rock salt bullets out of his waistband and showed it to him; “No, dumbass, I wanted your gun…”

“And I thought you actually loved me for me…” Dean joked as Gina stepped out from behind him and aimed the revolver at the spirit in front of them.

She was just about to pull the trigger when the girl started to flicker, her spirit having a hard time maintaining its form and then she was on fire. Orange flames creeping their way up from her toes before engulfing her completely as she screamed for mercy. Gina turned to look at Dean and shrugged her shoulders.

“Guess our Dad’s found what was keeping her here…”

“Yeah,” Dean nodded as Gina handed him back his gun and he smiled. “Come on, let’s go get Harlow and Sam before they do anymore damage…”

They stepped out into the hallway, amazed to see that all the vines had disappeared and that there was hardly a trace of evidence to say that they’d been there at all. Making their way towards Harlow’s room, they found that the door looked normal again and with a quick glance at Gina beside him, Dean twisted the handle.

The door swung open to reveal Sam and Harlow wrapped up in the sheets of the redhead’s bed and both looking horrified at being caught in such an intimate moment.

“Dude, it’s called knocking!!” Sam snapped at his brother who just took Gina by the hand and laughed as they walked away.

“So, we had a dead girl in the wall of our house?” Roman asked Dean the following day, staring at him in disbelief.

“Yup,” The hunter replied, Roman visibly shuddering at the thought of a corpse being inside his home.

“And that’s what caused all the weird stuff that happened at my party?”

“Well….” Dean looked over at Sam who was leaning against the Impala talking to Harlow and smiled before looking back at Roman. “Let’s just say that she was pissed because my little brother was getting more action than she was…” He smirked, earning himself a smack on the arm off Gina beside him.

“Don’t listen to him, Ro’, he’s an ass….” The brunette told her friend before they said their goodbyes and she dragged Dean over to where his brother and Harlow were waiting for them.

“Hey…” Sam greeted them when he saw them approaching and Dean grinned at him. “Will you stop looking at me like that?”

“Nope, not ever…” Dean teased him. “You dog, you…” He punched his brother playfully in the arm and Sam immediately retaliated by hitting him back. Before long, the two Winchester siblings were play fighting on the lawn as the girls stood beside the Impala watching them.

“I feel so bad about all of this…” Harlow suddenly confessed, Gina glancing at her.

“Harl’, you’ve got nothing to feel bad about,” The brunette comforted her friend and Harlow tore her gaze away from Sam wrestling with his brother to look at her.

“G’, if Sam and I hadn’t of got so caught up in each other then none of this would ever have happened…”

“If it wasn’t you two, it could have easily been another couple…” Gina assured her. “The fact is, Harl’, is that it’s dealt with now and you’ve got nothing to feel bad about. What happened between you and Sammy was perfectly natural. Hell, I was just as bad when I first got with Dean…” She watched as Harlow smiled and allowed her gaze to fall back upon Sam. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure…”

“When Sammy accidentally looks at you, do you feel all giddy inside?” Gina asked and Harlow smiled dreamily as she watched Sam goof around with Dean. She glanced back at her best friend who was waiting for her response with a knowing smile on her face.

“When he looks at me, accidental or not, I feel like I’m having a heart attack,” The redhead confessed and Gina chuckled softly as she shook her head and wrapped an arm around the younger girl’s shoulders.

“Girl, you’ve got it bad for a Winchester,” She grinned, looking over at Dean who had his baby brother in a head lock. “There’s no hope for you now… You’re one of us…”

The Winchester brothers stopped their play fight, realizing that they were acting like a couple of deviant kids on someone else’s lawn and looked over towards the girls standing beside the Impala. Dean noticed the way Gina was grinning at Harlow and glanced at Sam as he smoothed out his shirt.

“Hey, what do you think they’re talking about?” He asked, nodding towards the girls and Sam smiled before looking back at him.

“Us,” He replied bluntly, watching the way Harlow was trying to hide the fact that she was blushing.

Dean looked at him quizzically before glancing back over at the girls who were still lost in their discussion across the way and then looking back at his little brother.

“Seriously?”

“Yup…” Sam nodded, patting his brother on the back before walking off towards Harlow.

The girls stopped talking when the guy they were talking about approached them and Gina smiled up at him.

“Hey Sammy!”

“Hey, can I, uh, borrow Harlow for a second?” Sam asked politely, making Harlow look up at him and Gina nodded her head instantly.

“Sure thing,” The brunette told him. “I’m going to go say goodbye to your brother…”

Sam watched Gina walk off before taking hold of Harlow’s hand and pulling her to him in a hug. He buried his nose in her hair as she rested her head against his chest, her fingers playing with the zipper of his jacket.

“So, this has been one crazy weekend, huh?” He asked, Harlow simply murmuring her reply as she nodded her head and Sam knew that she was trying not to cry. “I wish this could be easier, Harl’…”

Harlow looked up at him then, her blue eyes filled to the brim with the sadness she felt about her boyfriend’s imminent departure; “How long will you be gone for this time?”

Sam let out a breath, knowing that he would never be able to give her a solid answer to that question; “I don’t know, Harl’… It could be a week, it could be a month. The only thing I know is that Dad’s got a solid lead on Yellow Eyes now and I want this thing to be over. I want to kill that son of a bitch and try and get some normality back in my life…”

“Well, when it’s over, I’ll be right here for you…” Harlow whispered and Sam studied her for a moment before shaking his head.

“I’m not going to be selfish and ask you to do that, Harlow. I know that you’ve got your own life to lead…” He let out a heavy sigh, his heart breaking with every word he spoke. “I’m not expecting to find you waiting for me when this is all over…”

Harlow stepped back a little so that she could meet his gaze; “Sammy, I’ve been waiting for you my whole life. I’m not giving up on you now…”

“You’re something else, you know that?” Sam smiled and Harlow grinned back at him.

“I’m a girl in love with a Winchester; apparently waiting is part of the gig…” She told him, stealing a glance over at Gina who was wrapped up in Dean’s embrace as they said their goodbyes.

“You know, I kinda love you too…” Sam said as he pulled her into his chest again and Harlow clung to him for all she was worth.

“Try not to get yourself killed, Sammy….” She whispered and Sam chuckled softly as he stroked his hand against her hair.

“You know, most people just say ‘Take care’ or ‘Stay safe’…”

“I know, but those phrases seem a tad redundant considering what I know you’re about to face…” Harlow mumbled, burying herself into Sam’s strong chest and breathing in his scent.

“I’m gonna kill Yellow Eyes, Harl’, and then I’m going to come find you…” Sam promised her, kissing her hair and Harlow glanced up at him, trying her best to smile through the sadness she felt.

“Hopefully in tact, I kinda like your limbs the way that they are…” She smirked, moving her hands to rest on his arms and squeezing them gently. “Attached to you…”

“If I was Dean I’d probably make an inappropriate comment about that right about now…” Sam laughed.

“Well, thankfully you’re not him otherwise I’d get one Hell of a beating off Gina for what I’m about to do…”

“And what’s that?”

“This…” Harlow reached up on her tiptoes and pressed her lips to Sam’s in a kiss that would have to last them for however long they were going to be apart this time.

“Alright Sammy, let’s haul ass…” Dean called out to his baby brother, moving towards the Impala with Gina tucked under his arm. “Dad’s meeting us at the Baker’s…”

Sam broke the kiss and looked at Harlow before kissing her again and whispering; “I’ll see you soon, okay?”

“You better had…” Harlow whispered back, staring into Sam’s caramel eyes. “I love you…”

“I love you too, Harl’….” Sam smiled, kissing her one last time before reluctantly letting go of her and joining his brother inside their car.

Harlow moved to stand beside Gina who was wiping at the tears that had escaped from behind her eyes and slung an arm around her friend’s shoulders as they watched the Winchester brothers drive off. She smiled when she saw Sam turn around in his seat to look back at her and wave just like he had when they were kids and she waved back at him until the Impala’s taillights disappeared from her line of sight. Her man was off into battle and all she had to do was wait… Which wouldn’t be too hard, would it?

To Be Continued….