Status: Very, incredibly active. If you want more...tell me!!!

Hit

Chapter Eight

I opened the window and put my fist through the screen and hesitantly picked up the knife. I inspected the knife in my hands to see Mark’s dried blood all over the blade. Before I could think of my next step, I felt the panic in my body start to rise. The blade lifelessly fell from my hands in slow motion and bounced twice on the carpeted floor before it finally rested. My eyes drifted up to Zack who rubbed a hand over the front of his neck with an unbelieving look. My knees began to shake and I reached out to Zack to steady myself so I wouldn’t fall to the floor. He took me in his arms and walked me to the bed, almost cradling me as I looked blankly at the wall. In seconds, everyone was in my room, led by Brian, asking questions, but I couldn’t hear them. The fear, that was coursing through my body was enough to drive me insane, but I must do whatever I can to push it as deep as I can, I don’t want anyone to see me fearful.

“He’s definitely alive, so we mu-“ Matt started.

“Shh…” I whispered while I tapped a finger over my lips. I stayed in a daze. “I don’t want to hear that.” I mumbled. He’s not alive, he can’t be. I don’t give a fuck what the truth is, I don’t want him alive, I can’t have him alive. Because I don’t want him breathing, he’s not…the sad part is that just because it’s what I want, it’s not reality. “Fuck….”I trailed letting my head drop.

“Kate, it’s alright, this isn’t a big deal at all, we are going to find him, and end him.” Jimmy nodded with each word he spoke.

“That’s the problem….we aren’t going to find him.” I sigh.

“What do you mean?” Johnny almost demands with a tilt of the head.

“He gets into so many bad things, constantly barking up the wrong tree, so he’s always on the move. In hiding, hotels, basements…he doesn’t stay in one place for more than two days.”

For the first time, I saw a very slight spark of defeat in their eyes, but it quickly vanished.

“If he was here to ‘return’ the knife, then he must be close.” Matt tries.

“What if it wasn’t him…guys, he has his group of followers, goons, one of them could have dropped it off.” I rubbed a hand harshly through my hair and slightly jumped when Zack spoke.

“Guys, let’s talk downstairs.” He seemed to notice that I kept glancing at the window that now stood as a nasty symbol to me. We left my room and followed him downstairs into the living room. They sat on the couches, but I slowly paced with my hands on my hips behind the couch. Val sent me an expression, asking me to sit, but I sent her an apologetic look and shook my head. My core was shaking, and I was scared to sit still for the rest of my body would probably shake also.

“Is there a place near you guys can think of that he would stay? Like more than just hotels.” Matt asks us to think.

“Matt…Mark is scum, I’m telling you, if he finds a big enough hole in the bottom of a tree…he will sleep there. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s sleeping in a tent on the side of a highway right now.” I spread my hands out as I talk and lightly kick the wall.

“He’s staying in Atlantic City, St. Marla Street…uh, Port Andrew.” We all looked over at Val and watched her put the phone down and look up at us with a sweet smile. I sent her a massive questioning look. “Momma’s got her connections.” She boasted.

“Port Andrew?” Matt questioned. “So it’s gonna be a warehouse…what the fuck is he doing in a warehouse?” He almost yelled, hands in the air. I shook my head at him and sent him a ‘told ya’ look.

“Matthew I told you, he will stay anywhere.” He waved his hand at me.

“Tomorrow we go.” Matt said as he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back against the couch.

“Think he’ll still be there?” Johnny wonders.

“Then we leave early.” Matt shrugs.

“No, no, no, no. I’m going by myself. I told you guys, you aren’t getting involved in this.” I put my hands out and shake my head at all of them. All of the boys roll their eyes at me.

“As the older brother…” he starts, “I, well, we…have decided that we are going to help you. We have already discussed this.” So this ‘discussion’ was what they had in the kitchen when Val took me to my room the first night. The boys sent me smiles…I wanted to beat them.

“Matt, no, I said no. I know you want to help but…no.”

“How are we going to get in trouble! We,” Brian waves his hand around signaling the guys, “are a part of the Italian mob, by helping you, we will be killing Germans. We won’t be disobeying our own group…and if we piss the Germans off? So what! We’ve been disagreeing with them for years!”

“I think that’s the most intelligent thing he’s said in years.” Zack muses to Jimmy, who nods his head instantly agreeing. I still shook my head ‘no’.

“If we were in this situation…would you want to help?” Zack asked me.

“Yes! But that’s not the point, I know you guys want to help. I just don’t want anyone getting hurt, I don’t want you guys getting into any trouble by helping me…I know you don’t care, I know, but I do.”

“I have a plan!” Brian calls with a smile. Everyone ignored him and continued to talk.

“It is my responsibility to protect you.” Matt points his finger at me.

“Guys…my plan wi-“ Brian tries again.

“Your responsibility? Matthew! I shouldn’t even be here! If it’s your ‘responsibility’ to protect me, then I have the same right, that’s why I’m not letting you guys go!” I almost yelled at him.

“We are going!” He yells.

“You’re not listening to me!” I finally burst.

“Dudes…my plan will work.”

“Of course I’m not listening to you! You’re talking out of your ass!”

I gasped, reached for a pillow and threw it at him. I then crossed my arms across my chest and huffed. He easily deflected the pillow away with a blank look on his face.

“We. Are. Going.” He states. I was about to rebut, but Brian placed his hand over my mouth. I panicked…I don’t know where his hands have been!

“Shut up for one minute.” He tells me as he looks straight into my eyes with a serious look. With his hand still over my mouth, I slowly nod. He removes his hand.

“Now, just listen to me. No one will know we supported you in the killing of Mark and his friends, unless someone sees us. In that case, when we go, we kill everyone there, leave no survivors to speak of our assistance.” He finishes.

“No, bro. That’s the smartest thing he’s ever said.” Jimmy speaks to Zack, they both nod with stern faces. I looked around the room to see that all the boys were seriously thinking about this option. I remained silent for a few moments.

“I really hate…hate, saying this, but it could work.” I sigh, I looked up at Brian who then smiled widely and did a little dance in his seat.

“A+ Brian!” He congratulates himself. I laugh and pat his shoulder.

“Then that’s our first priority, while yours is Mark.” Johnny almost offers. I stared at the carpet and continued to think of this plan.

“Tomorrow, bright and early.” Matt smiles, the boys follow and allow huge smiles to break out onto their faces. “I’m talking up at 6am.”

“Guys I need to go to my apartment tonight to get my shit, my weapons are still there. I need an extra box.” Just speaking about my apartment made my wounds shriek.

“I’ll take her.” Zack offers.

“ I want to go too!” Ugh…Brian.

The three of us piled into the Yukon. A few times I had to slap Brian’s hand away to keep him from giving me multiple wet willies.

“Brian, one more time, and I swear, I’m going to jump back there and stab you in the balls.” He immediately laughed and confronted me.

“Ha! You don’t have any knives.” As quickly as I could, I pulled the pocket knife out of my bra that I always have on me, opened it in a swift motion and held it to Brian’s neck. I sent him a smile, his eyes widened and I heard Zack start to laugh hysterically.

“Don’t mess with her Bri…you never know what she will do.” Zack said as he looked at Brian in the rear view mirror. I removed the blade from his neck and patted his shoulder.

“Love ya.” I put my knife away and got comfortable in the front seat. I looked back at him, his eyes were still massive. “Brian, I was kidding.”

“You…you move like a ninja.” He slowly mumbles. Zack and I look at each other and start to laugh. I pat his shoulder one more time, than tell Zack where to turn. We walked to my door, which was still a splintered mess with bullet holes all over the place. I pushed the door open and walked into the dark room, the kitchen floor still showed puddles of blood. The boys followed me into my room where two already packed suitcases were waiting. I threw the empty box on my bed and started to pack my weapons while the boys brought the two suitcases to the car. In a matter of minutes, I was finished and ready to leave the horrid place.

When we entered the boy’s house, everyone was sitting in the living room waiting for us. Zack and I walked ahead of Brian and sat on the couch.

“Uh…where’s Brian?” Jimmy asked.

“He’s coming…unfortunately.” Zack sighs.

“Speaking of the devil…” I mumble as Brian enters the room.

“Guys, guys, Katie is a ninja. She was like… Ha! He! Ha! Yah!” He screamed as he started to do random karate moves throughout the living room.

“You guys were attacked?” Matt immediately asks Zack and myself as Brian continues to punch the air around us.

“No, I-uh, kind of attacked Brian.”

“Oh that’s okay…we do it all the time.” Jimmy laughs as he waves his hand. “Look at him…you just want to punch him!” We all look at Brian who then does…or tries, to do a round-house kick, but fails miserably and lands on his ass.

“Moron…” Matt mumbles, than turns his head to me. “So, tomorrow, how are we going in? Bust the door down and fire away, or go through the windows?”

“I’m a little worried that if we bust through the door, they will freak and run. Maybe the windows would be best. But I don’t know what the building looks like, we should check it out right before we go in. If there are too many windows, they have an easier chance of escaping. Also, I don’t know if they are going to try and escape…I don’t know.”

“That’s fine, we will just check it out before we attack.” Matt simply nods his head.

“All I’m saying, you guys, we needs to fucking kill everyone, I mean slaughter. Don’t give anyone a chance to survive.” With wide eyes I look around the room.

“You know, for being such a gorgeous, young woman. You are the most violent person I know.” Johnny laughs.

“Aw thanks Johnny!” I smile.

“Bed… guys.” Matt laughs, he gets up and stops in his tracks when Brian comes up to him in a Kung-Fu pose.

“I challenge you…” He glares at Matt. Matt looked blankly at Brian, then put a hand on his forehead and pushed him to the floor.

“I win.” Matt mumbles as he walks away unimpressed. I quickly got up and went to Brian, who was still lying on the floor in defeat. I helped him up and the rest of us climb the stairs. I hugged everyone good night then went to Brian. I went to hug him, but he grabbed me, spun me around and dropped me down, my leg in the air.

“You’re asking for it!” Matt screams. We could hear his pounding footsteps racing down the hall towards us. Brian quickly lifted me, kissed my cheek then ran into his room; the ‘click’ of him locking his door rang through the hallway. “Keep an eye on him.” Matt glared just before he embraced me. He slowly turned around and kept an eye on Brian’s door until he got into his room. Once Matt was gone, I heard the ‘click’ of Brian’s lock. He opened the door a crack and blew me a kiss. I rolled my eyes and flipped him off.

“Just tell me when and where.” He seductively smiles.

“I’m telling!” I whisper. He smiles again and closes his door, then locks it, just in case Matt comes. I laugh to myself and walk to my room. I check my window…all clear then climb into bed.

I woke to the sound of Matt waking everyone up, I looked to the clock….ugh 6am. I stretched then slowly climbed out of the bed. Right before I reached the door, a slip of paper caught my eye. I lifted it from its spot on the dresser and smiled at the words from Val. I looked back at the dresser to see a towel.

I wrapped the towel tightly around my sore body and opened the door. A cloud of steam left the bathroom as I stepped out. I walked down the hallway, but as I passed Brian’s door, I felt eyes on me. I stopped in my tracks and stared him down.

“Continue.” He smiles. I shake my head and continued walking. He quickly ran out of his room and slapped me with a wet towel. I heard the sickening ‘slap’, then the pain.

“Ah! Brian! It’s too early for this shit!” I screamed as I turned around and grabbed my ass. He ran past me towards the stairs snickering.

“I will kill you!” Matt screamed from the bottom of the stairs. Brian immediately turned around on the stairs and stumbled back up with Matt close behind. I watch Brian sprint down the hallway, run to his room, then slam the door. I watch Matt pound on Brian’s door.

“Open the door!” Matt yells.

“No!” Brian’s muffled voice rings.

“Why not?”

“Because you’ll hurt me.”

“Damn right, now open the door!” Matt kicks at the door. I laugh to myself and continue my walk to my room. Seconds after I closed my door, I heard a knock.
“Katie, when your done getting dressed we will leave, alright?” Matt asked from the other side of the door.

“Okay, Matt.” I wasn’t sure if I wanted to smile or cringe. I have faith that everything will go correctly, but what if it doesn’t. Right now, I don’t want to see Mark…I don’t even want to think about of him. I sighed as I slowly got dressed in tight black jeans and a plain white t-shirt. I zipped up a black hoodie and pulled on my Converse. With a grim face, I opened the door and began to walk to the stairs.

“Katie!” I heard Zack call from the ‘hospital’ room. I groaned and pretended I didn’t hear him. “I know you heard me…” I could hear the smile in his voice. My head dropped in defeat; I turned on my heel and slowly walked to him. I entered the room and painfully climbed onto the table.

“Brian! Come here!” I yell. Zack sends me a look. “I need someone to slap.” I shrug. When I saw Brian enter the room, I zipped off my hoodie then took of my shirt. I quickly looked down at my wounds to see them red and extremely swollen. I lay back on the bed and relaxed, Brian taking a seat by my head. My muscles tightened when I felt Zack come closer. I soon felt the stinging but that quickly faded when Brian opened his mouth.

“Boobies!” Brian laughed. I opened my eyes and looked up at him, then slapped him.

“Yea…that’s what those are Brian.” Johnny laughed as he leaned against the doorway. In the corner of my eye, I saw a long, skinny, extended finger slowly make its way closer to my chest. I slapped his hand away again then Matt entered the room.

“My older brother senses are tingling. There must be a moron around my sister.” He says as he sticks his head in and scans the room, and lets his eyes rest on Brian. Matt’s eyes immediately narrowed as Brian allowed a sadistic smirk to cover his face. Matt walked fully into the room and grabbed Brian, putting him in a headlock while Zack continued to clean my wounds.

“Hey Johnny? When you shot Brian, was it really an accident?” I asked right as I slapped Brian because the stinging started to make my body shake. Johnny rocked his head back and forth as he bit his lip.

“Yes…no.” He simply stated.

“Betrayed.” Brian mumbled, the seriousness was audible in his voice.

“Come on, Brian. You just wouldn’t stop talking, you were all over the place…and you were just asking to be shot in the leg.” Johnny defended himself. Brian turned his head away from Johnny, his nose in the air.

“Okay, guys…especially Brian. You need to wipe the moronic, retardation from your brains today, we have a big job to do.” Matt says with a serious tone as he let Brian go. Zack covered me up, helped me with my shirt then helped me off the table. I zipped up my hoodie and began to walk back to my room to load up. “Guys load up heavily!” Matt screams with a laugh…they are excited to do this, I, however, am not. I packed both of my knives in their respective spots, then loaded two hand guns under my belt at the small of my back. I made sure I had extra rounds and loaded them near my ribs under my sweatshirt. Expressionless and emotionless, I left my room and walked down the stairs to see the boys ready and all of them pacing around the room. Val sent me an apologetic look, then handed Matt a slip of paper, which I suppose contained the information about our destination. The boys ran outside and piled into the car, while I slowly walked. I climbed into the front seat, and we began our drive with Matt driving. Soon, Brian broke the silence.

“Hey Zack…what’s this metal thing? It fell out of my grenade.”

“What do you mean it “fell” out?” Zack asks as he turns in his seat and sees Brian holding the metal peg in his hand with a blank expression. Zack’s eyes immediately grow.

“Oh my God…Matt pull over! Fuck! Pull the fucking car over!” Zack screams, slapping Matt in the shoulder. Our attention turns to Brian as Matt quickly swerves the car to the side of the road. “Brian throw it out! Go! Out the window!” Zack yells as he rolls the window down.

“The peg?” Brian screeches.

“The fucking grenade!” Johnny yells his hands in the air. Brian quickly sits up and drops the grenade out the window, so it now lies right next to the car.

“Oh my God, we are going to die…”Jimmy mumbles into his hands. Zack slams the door open, grabs the grenade and throws it as far as he can. He quickly jumps back in the car.

“Go!” He screams. Matt speeds off as all the boys turn in their seats, looking for the explosion…it never comes.

“Okay…who gave Brian the grenade?” Johnny settles back into his seat.

“Bri, did you pull it out?” Matt asks from the rear view mirror.

“No, it just fell out.” He seriously explains. The boys share a glance as I stay out of the conversation, I already know why it didn’t explode. “It’s okay though…it was fake.” Brian smiles as he turns in his seat, looks out the window and begins to hum. It took the boys a few minutes to register what he just said.

“Wait, what?” Jimmy asks looking at Brian.

“It was fake.” He shrugs.

“Why would you bring a fake grenade on a hit?!” Zack’s head snaps in Brian’s direction.

“Because you won’t give me a real one!” Brian huffs and crosses his arms across his chest. The boys allow their jaws to drop, but face the front of the car and try to forget what Brian just said.

“Guys, if it was real, it would have exploded in 4-8 seconds…I’d say we’re lucky it was fake.” I smile as I look down at the paper in my hands, which contain Val’s directions.

During the rest of the ride, the boys continued to talk, but I stayed in my head. What am I going to do when I see Mark? Should I send a nasty line? Or do what I want to do, which is hide behind the closest guy near me. I can’t do that; that would show fear. I sighed and tried to fight the shiver that clawed its way up my spine when I saw the sign for Port Andrew. Matt pulled into the empty parking lot, thank god, it was a Sunday, so freaking early, and that the port was away from main roads. The place was completely deserted. Dim street lamps lighted the wet cement and the rustic warehouse buildings. Matt parked away from the building we needed to enter. We silently piled out of the car and headed to the back of the truck to check our weapons. We each cocked a gun then looked to Matt when he spoke.

“Okay, there isn’t one window on the building. Get in there and blow shit up…ready?” He asked, letting his eyes linger on me. I nodded, not sure what is in that building.

“Team on three.” Brian says as he puts his hand in the middle of our circle. We all ignore him and walked away. I took a few steps, and then waited for him.

“I love you Bri.” I mumbled. He circled his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close.

“Come on babe, let’s kick ass.” He seriously said with an evil grin on his face. So this is the hit man Brian. A grin formed on my lips and we walked together and joined the boys. We stood silently at the double door with our ear pressed against the cold metal, just listening. I let my eyes scan the area and saw the back end of a black Chrysler 300. Hmm…. My attention broke off when Johnny spoke.

“Yea, yea, yea. There is defiantly people in there. Kate, can you hear him?” Johnny asks. I take a deep breath, close my eyes and press myself closer to the building. I felt like Spiderman as I tried to concentrate on hearing. All I could hear was rustling, random voices and the pounding of my heart in my ears. I soon felt a soft hand take mine. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I looked down at my hand. Zack. I smiled, closed my eyes and pressed my ear to the building again. With a deep breath, I tried to divide all the sounds…soon, I heard him.

“Bring me that fucking glass of Brady…”

“He’s there.” My eyes shot open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heaven_Syn_Gates ....THANK YOU GIRL! This story is being updated for you!