Status: Another story. Not a sequel.

Just a Painter

Just Drive

May 16

As I folded my last shirt into my duffle bag,I could hear my six-year old brother crying in the next room. I sighed ,zipped my bag then went to check on my brother. My mom was outside packing the car. My brother was sitting on his floor sobbing while holding my bear stuff animal.
I sat beside him ,he placed his tiny head on my shoulder.
"What's up,bro?" I stroked his hair ,calming him as he sniffled and explained. He was small with dark brown hair,green eyes and ears too big for his head.
"I don't wanna leave. " That was understandable. He just started first grade and made a friend. He was scared ,he would get made fun of . I was close to tears. I shared my story of being bullied in middle school and how now ,I could care less. I gave him advice and a hug before helping him finish packing.
I asked why he had my bear. He just shrugged.

Mom loved to drive. Road trips were made for bonding and being a family. She would share her childhood stories and I would try not finish them. Rory didn't know them so, I didn't want to ruin them.
I didn't mind the drive. Mom allowed me to drive through the Colado. We stopped a few times . Sometimes ,I wished we could just fly or not move so often. Rory was excited when he wasn't sleeping . I glanced at him in the rear-mirror.
It's been a few days and I was getting tired of the road.
My mom and I spoke quietly while Rory slept.
"I'm sorry about the long drive but we are almost there." She was whispering.
I quickly look at my mother. She was thin with long natural blonde hair and green eyes. She didn't fit in with the other moms back in Chicago. It wasn't like she was mean or outrageously dressed. She was different. She wasn't consumed with her looks or cause drama. My mom was into bands like Social Distortion,the Casulties and other punk bands. So,that probably was another reason. Everyone in that town listened to whatever was on the radio.
"It's okay. Let's just stay for longer than two years. Rory isn't like me."
"I have friends,good friends in San Diego and I have a job set up and a house we can stay in."
The move wasn't fully described to me ,I was told we were moving two months and I never asked. That just how it went.
Now,we were getting closed so,mom figured she would share the details.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another story about love and being young.
Song title "Just Drive."-I the Mighty
I might change the girl's name