Horror Movie

A Love-Hate Relationship

The black walls of my soul room washed away only to be replaced with the familiar enclosure of the kitchen.

I broke the kiss and smiled as I realized we were brought back to reality. I glanced at the counter and saw that we still haven’t finished our pudding.

“I’ll race you.” I said as I pointed at the half eaten pudding.

“You’re on.” Soul replied as we competed to finish the desert.

“Loser does the dishes for a week.” I said through a mouthful of mango pudding.

“Fine,” the albino mumbled with a face stuffed with strawberry pudding, then added, “Winner gets the chocolate pudding.”

“Fine.” I responded as I shovelled spoonful after spoonful of the dessert.

‘Just one more spoonful…’ I thought excitedly as I sped to shove it in my mouth.

Without warning, Soul leaned in towards my ear. I felt his breath fanning my neck as my body involuntarily responded to his actions.

I paused as a shiver ran down my spine at his nearness. I could feel the warmth of his side envelop me as he drew closer.

The albino shovelled the last of the pudding into his mouth and smirked against my ear.

“I win.” He breathed into my neck as my brain frantically tried to process his words.

“That was a dirty trick!” I whined as my mind rebooted and I threw the weapon a death glare.

“Hey, all’s fair in love and war.” Soul replied smartly.

“Fuck you.” I hissed as I gulped down the last of my pudding.

“Yeah, I love you too.” Soul laughed.

Just then an evil thought occurred to me. I smiled devilishly as I made a beeline towards the fridge. Before Soul even knew what was going on, I dug my spoon into the brown chocolate pudding and shoved it in my mouth.

“Now look who’s cheating.” Soul said as he tried to wrestle the container away from me.

“Hey, all’s fair in love and war.” I mimicked as I profusely shoveled out the pudding before Soul dug his spoon in it as well.

“It’s already half finished!” Soul accused then glared at me, “I hate you.”

“Yeah, I love you too!” I chuckled as I playfully nudged my head into the crook of his shoulder.

Yup, this was definitely a love hate relationship.