Sequel: Same Mistakes
Status: let's see how this goes.

She's Not Afraid

Not gonna get dangerous, you don’t got to worry about us

Things on tour were getting pretty busy. Paul, One Directions tour manager, had stopped me the other day and asked if I’d be interesting in filming a “Day In The Life” series with each of the boys. Who would pass that up?

So on top of following around my girls with cameras all the time, I would now have to schedule a day off with each of the boys and follow them around. I was excited to start that, but it was also almost over whelming. I was told that some of my extra footage from this tour would be used in 1D 3D! My footage! I’d get a producer credit! A small one, BUT STILL!

Today was technically a day off, but not for Little Mix. They had a bunch of press, radio and web interviews that I was tagging along too, camera ready. We were in Dublin, playing the show tomorrow, and the plus of driving around to all these interviews, was seeing a lot of the city on the way. The country side was absolutely breathtaking, and I wasted no time taking pictures of it. The city itself was amazing as well.

“So when do you start following around the lads?” Leigh asked. We were on our way to the second interview of the day and we were all cramped into a van.

I shrugged, “I don’t know, Paul said he’d give me a schedule when he worked it out with the guys.”

Perrie turned around in her seat and smirked at me, “Who are you most excited to spend a day with?”

“I don’t know. They’re all pretty awesome lads.”

Jesy scoffed, “So you’re saying you’re not excited to spend more time with Liam?” All the girls gave me those looks your girlfriends always give you when they think you like someone.

“Well yeah, but I can’t wait to spend time with all of them.”

Jade laughed, “You act like you two haven’t been attached at the hip since Paris.”

“Yeah, since your romantic outing,” Jesy added.

“Oh shut it, we’re just friends!” I defended. It was true though, ever since Paris Liam and I have been hanging out a long on our down time. But it wasn’t anything more than friendship. We just liked each other’s company. We had really good conversations about nothing, and shared music with each other (he had an eclectic music taste), and he liked asking me about my photography and I liked to hear past tour stories.

“’Just friends,’” Leigh-Anne laughed, “That’s always how it starts.”

“Bite me!”

“Oh come on Jaz, we’re only trying to help!” Perrie cooed, “You need a man, and there is a handful of them right here!”

I rolled my eyes, “Since when is 3 single guys a handful?”

“Have you met these guys?” Jesy laughed.

I shook my head, “I don’t want a boyfriend, I don’t want to hook up with any of them, I don’t even want to look at any of these guys as more than a friend.”

“Should I be offended? My boyfriend is one of those lads,” Perrie asked.

Leigh patted my thigh, “Oh come on Jazmin, this is what tour is for! Fun adventures and hookups!”

I gave her a hard look, “Is it?”

“Well it is if you’re single! Which you are!”

“Just drop it guys. Mixing business with pleasure is such a bad idea anyways.”

Jade shrugged turning back around in her seat, “Too bad. Liam seems interested.”

“He does?” I asked before I could stop myself. I surprised myself with that one.

All four girls laughed at me, “Yeah, you’re totally ‘just friends’ with him Jaz,” Jesy laughed.

“We are,” I huffed. We had just pulled up to the radio station so we were all getting ready to get out.

“Jaz, sometimes, mixing busyness with pleasure works out,” Jade said, “it’s how some great love stories start.”

I shrugged, “Yeah, well not mine.”

*****

The girls did about 4 interviews before we got to go back to the hotel to actually enjoy the rest of the night off. When we got up to our floor, the lads were all out in the hall being idiots. Right as we got off the lift, we witnessed Louis launch himself in the air and crash land on Liam and Niall.

“What are you lot doing?” Jade asked. The lads froze when they saw us.

Zayn ran over and threw Perrie over his shoulder, causing her to shriek as he spun her around, “Put me down!” she yelled between giggles.

Harry, who was shirtless (as always, but I wasn’t complaining) came over, “We got bored so we were trying to figure out something to do when, well, we just went a bit mental I guess.”

Louis hopped off the two lads he’d smashed into the floor and came running at us. He attacked Jesy, Leigh and me into a big, sweaty, hug. Jade had side stepped him just in time, “Girls! Welcome back! We wanna have dinner tonight, all of us!”

We pushed him away, “You’re all sweaty Lou,” I said whipping my arm.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he said before he pulled me into him locking me into his arms, “Better?”

“No!” I shrieked. “You’re such a twat!”

“Leave her alone Lou,” Liam said, walking over with a smile on his face, Niall following behind.

Louis let me go. I pulled at my shirt, “Ew, I need a shower now.”

“So do I, shall we share to conserve water?” Harry smirked.

I flipped him off, “You wish!”

“I really, really do!” he called after me as I walked to the room I was sharing with Perrie. I hear him groan as someone smacked him.

I walked in on Zayn and Perrie making out on her bed. They pulled apart but I waved them off, “No, it’s cool, carry on. I’m gonna shower. Just, please don’t be naked when I get out.”

“I don’t know if I can promise anything Jaz,” Zayn smirked.

“Well I’ve got a camera phone, so weigh you’re options there Zayn.”

*****

Dinner was chaos. But that’s not surprising, everything on this tour is chaos (in a good way).

“Are you excited to spend a day with each of us?” Niall asked as we ate.

I nodded, “Yeah, I’m excited that they’ve given me freedom to do whatever with it too.”

“Let me tell you,” Louis said around a mouth full of food, “I am going to plan the best day ever for us!”

I laughed, “I look forward to it.”

“I think we’re starting next week,” Liam smiled.

I returned it, “I haven’t gotten a chance to talk to Paul so I don’t know yet.”

“Well I for one and jealous you’re stealing my girl here!” Perrie said draping an arm over my shoulder.

Harry scoffed, “Only for one day a week.”

“Don’t worry, she’ll love us more by the end of this,” Zayn laughed.

Jesy scoffed, “Yeah right! Blood is thicker than water.”

“Actually,” Liam said from next to me, “There’s a quote that says ‘The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb,’ so really, the people you’re friends with with are sometimes closer than the people you’re related too.” Everyone was quiet and starting at him. He looked embarrassed and shrugged, “Just giving my two cents.” He caught my eye and we shared a smile.

“Yeah well, no one asked for your opinion Liam,” Jesy said sticking her tongue out at him.

“Look at all those big words you’re using mate,” Louis said patting him on the back, “I’m so proud of you!”

“Making the rest of us look bad!” Harry tossed a chip at him across the table.

“Oi!” Liam yelled and threw one back at him.

I had taken out my camera and captured the moment.

“Okay, okay!” Jade said waving her hands around, “Let’s not have a food fight in the middle of a restaurant!”

“Hey Jaz, let me see your camera!” Louis said getting all grabby.

I pulled my camera far from his grasp, “Oh no, Louis! This is my Cannon 60D. It’s my baby, I don’t trust anyone with it!”

He huffed, “Come on, I promise I won’t break it. And even if I do, I think I can afford to buy you a new one,” he rolled his eyes.

I glared, “That’s not the point!”

He stuck his bottom lip out and pouted, “Pleeeeease?”

“Oh you better just let him have his way,” Niall chuckled, “Or he’ll never stop.”

I sighed and reluctantly started to hand it over, “Alright, but I’m serious Lou, don’t hurt it! Don’t get food on it! Don’t even think about setting it on the table!”

“Okay! Jeez,” he said taking it from me. He started snapping some selfies before he turned the camera on the rest of the table.

“He’s a bit of a child as you can see,” Liam said into my ear.

“I heard that!” Louis said and snapped a picture in Liam’s face before turning his attention elsewhere.
“Yeah I think I’ve gathered that over the past few weeks.”

He laughed. I loved seeing Liam laughed, his whole face lit up when he did and he looked like a child. The smile spread across his face causing his eyes to crinkle up adorably and his laughter was like what I’d imagine a baby cherub’s laugh would sound like. “Are you enjoying the tour so far?”

“Absolutely. Seeing all the places I’ve only even dreamed about is so amazing. And it helps that I’m surrounded by such amazing people.”

He pressed his hand to his chest over his heart, “Well I’m flattered Jazmin!”

I patted his cheek, “Oh good, that was the goal.”

“Oi! Love birds!” Louis said getting out attention, “I said ‘say cheese!’” he said and snapped about 5 pictures.

“Wow, aren’t you trigger happy!” I said. “Can I have my camera back now? I’m supposed to be documenting you, not the other way around.”

He stuck his tongue out at me, “Fine. But you’ll be shocked when you see how amazing I am with a camera when you see those pictures!”

I took my camera from him, “I’m sure. I’ll be sure to praise you on them,” I said as I stuck my camera back in its bag.

“Thanks, I only want the credit where it’s due.”

“I say we get out of here,” Harry said. “I wanna go get a drink.”

“Me too,” Niall nodded, as Louis, Leigh-Anne and Jesy agreed too. The rest of us opted out.

We all headed out, Harry, Niall, Leigh, Jesy and Louis in a taxi, while we took the SUV back to the hotel. I was ready to just lie on my bed and watch mindless tellie programs.

But my roommate had other ideas I think.

Downer of sharing a room with Perrie? There was Zayn. Granted they weren’t being completely nauseating, but they were still all cuddly on her bed (although they did kiss here and there for like, no reason!).

“You guys are so cute it’s making me sick,” I commented.

They both laughed and glanced over at me, “I’m sorry Jaz,” Perrie giggled. “Wanna join?” She wiggled her eyebrows at me and Zayn just smirked.

I scoffed, “Not thanks, neither of you could handle me.”

“That sounds like a challenge!” Perrie said before jumping over her boyfriend and tackling me against my bed.

I shrieked in surprised, “Pez!” she started to tickle me, “No!” In defense, I started to tickle her back and we started rolling, shrieking and wrestling and around being complete idiots. “I’m gonna kill you!”

“I’m gonna kill you!”

“I hope you know I’m taking pictures of this,” we heard from the other bed.

“Shut up Zayn,” we said in unison. We rolled again and landed on the ground with a hard thump causing both of us to groan.

“Let’s call a truce!” Perrie moaned.

I laughed, “Alright, truce.” I got up and pulled her up with me.

“That was so entertaining,” Zayn smirked.

Perrie hopped back on the bed next to him and placed a kiss on his lips, “Glad we amuse you.”

I rolled my eyes at them and crawled back on my own bed. I grabbed my phone off the ground, where it fell during the shenanigans, to text Jade to see if she wanted company when I saw I already had a text waiting.

From: Liam
Is Zayn in ur room?


I glanced at the couple her were practically making out in-between whispering things.

To: Liam
Oh yeah, he’s here alright.

From: Liam
Haha :) u wanna come hang out wit me & get away from them since I’m sure they r being overly affectionate like always


I seriously hated his texting grammar. After I glanced over at the lovebirds next to me I hopped up. “Where are you going?” Perrie asked, coming up for air.

“Liam’s room. So you guys can have some time,” I said eyeing them. “Just keep it off my bed.”

“Thanks Jaz,” Zayn smiled before attacking his girlfriend’s neck.

“Ew, yeah, don’t mention it.”

I walked out and down the hall to the short distance to Liam and what was supposed to be Zayn’s room. He opened it right as I got to it, “Are they being annoying?”

I shrugged as he let me in and sat on one of the beds, “You could say that. They’re cute though, I’ll give them that.”

He sat down next to me, “And yet you claim not to want any of that.”

“Just because I don’t, doesn’t mean I don’t notice when a couple is adorably, suffocatingly in love with each other.”

He laughed, “Suffocatingly isn’t even a word.”

“It is now,” I shrugged. “So what are we doing?”

“You wanna watch a movie? There’s a few good ones on paper view.”

“Sounds good.” I kicked my shoes off and scooted up onto the bed, getting comfortable on the pillows. The tellie was already turned to face this bed so I figured this is where we’d be watching it.

Liam looked at me funny, with a smile on his face, before coming up and lounging next to me. He turned on the tellie and started flipping through the movie options. “Oh look, they have The Notebook, A Walk To Remember and The Last Song. We could have a Nicholas Sparks marathon Jaz.”

I scoffed, “Or we could not. I don’t get the obsession with The Notebook anyway.”

He shrugged, “It’s actually pretty good.”

“Never saw it.”

He looked at me like I was mental, “Are you joking?”

I shook my head, “Nope,” I said popping the P. “But that doesn’t mean I want to lose my Notebook virginity tonight.”

He chucked, “Soon enough then. So what do you wanna watch? Action, comedy, 90’s drama?”

“Oh, please look through the 90’s. That was a golden time for amazing cinema.”

“I can’t tell if you’re kidding.”

“I’m half joking, half being serious. Those 90’s teen movies with Freddie Prince Junior are the best!” I gasped as he passed one, “No! Go back! Let’s watch ‘She’s All That!’”

“Never seen it,” he said clicking on it.

I scoffed, “That’s a shame, it’s a classic. It’s about this guy who makes a bet with his friend that he could turn the school ‘nerd’ into a prom queen.”

“Ah,” he laughed, “So the typical ‘just a bet, then falls in love with the girl’ story line?”

I nodded, “Yes. As I said, it’s a classic! American cinema at its finest!” I grabbed the remote from his hands, “We’re watching it.”

*****

As soon as we got into the van to head to the venue for sound check, I knew the questions would start. “So you spent the night with Liam?” Jesy asked.

“It wasn’t like that,” I said instantly. Because it wasn’t. Last night Liam and I watched about 3 movies before we both fell asleep. I woke up to Zayn walking in the next morning yelling obnoxiously about ‘how cute’ we were.

“Zayn said he walked in on your two in bed,” Leigh laughed. Okay, so maybe he did. But it was innocent! We had fallen asleep on top of the covers and when I woke up, his arm was innocently draped over my middle. No big deal.

“You guys are going to run with this no matter what I say aren’t you?”

Perrie let out a dry laugh, “Duh, have you met us?”

“Oh come on Jaz, admit it, you think he’s cute,” Jade pressed.

I rolled my eyes, “Hey, I never once said I didn’t think he was cute. They’re all cute. But still, stop trying to make it happen.”

“We will… Just as soon as you two stop making sex eyes at each other,” she said nonchalantly.

“JESY!” I shrieked. The girls started laughing at me, “We do not!”

Jesy rolled her eyes as she left, “Okay.”

They continued to mock me the rest of the way to the venue. Once we got there, they went to business, doing vocal warm ups before heading on stage to sound check. I went out with them for a bit to film some stuff and snap a few pictures before I went back into the dressing room to turn my laptop on and start doing some editing as they finished.

I went through the picture I had on the memory card, most of them being from last night and the past few days. Then I came to the ones from dinner that Louis took. I’ll admit, some of them were pretty good, and usable, but there were quite a few shaky and blurry ones. But there were nice candid’s of everyone laughing, talking and even a few posed ones, like the one of Harry and Jessy making funny faces at the camera.

Then I saw the ones of me and Liam. There were three of them. The last one was when he got our attention and snapped the camera in our faces. It was blurry and the zoom was completely wrong. But the first two I really liked. They were almost… intimate, to the point where I could feel myself blush. The first one, Liam was leaning into me saying something in my ear and I had an amused look on my face. The other, he had a massive smile on his face, and I was laughing and patting his face. I admit that I really loved these, and I couldn’t lie and say I didn’t think we looked awesome together.

“I told you I take amazing pictures,” I heard right behind me.

I shrieked, jumping in my seat, “Jesus Louis, you scared the shit out of me!” I said smacking his shoulder. He laughed and the other guys started trickling into the room. I greeted them before turning back to my computer looking through more pictures.

“I heard you scream,” Niall said, “What Louis do?”

“Show up like a creep.” The boys came over and crowded around my shoulders looking at my pictures. “Uh, yeah, come right on over,” I commented.

“These are awesome,” Harry said pushing my hand away from the mouse to scroll through some of the live shots of Little Mix.

“Look how hot my girlfriend looks,” Zayn said pointing at the screen at a close up of Perrie.

Louis scoffed, “You would say that you tosser.”

“Are you gonna take any shots of our show?” Liam said right behind my neck. I could feel his breathe right below my ear, I tried not to shiver, like he was that close.

I shrugged, “I don’t know, if they let me.”

Harry scoffed, “It’s probably more than okay. Especially if we say we want you too.”

“Well I’d love too.”

Niall squeezed my shoulder, “I’ll talk to Paul about it.”

I nodded, scrolling through my pictures, “Cool.”

The girls walked in then, done with sound check, catching the attention of the boys. Well, except Liam, he was still there looking at my pictures over my shoulder, “You really are talented Jazmin.”

I blushed, “Thanks, I appreciate that.”

“I really like this one,” he said and pointed to the thumbnail of the picture of us where my hand was on his face. “Will you send it to me?”

I couldn’t look at him. I don’t know why, but I was overly embarrassed and I couldn’t look at him. “Oh uh, yeah sure.”

“Boys, sound check, come on,” Paul said walking in.

Liam squeezed my shoulder, “Thanks Jaz. See you in a bit, yeah?”

I finally looked up at him, smiling, “Yeah. Have fun.”

Then he winked at me. Winked at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
slow chapter, but building the plot and character interactions.

i'm loving all the feedback! thank you!