The Pain I Feel

2 months later

Anna sat on the floor drawing in a coloring booth, sucking on her paci in concentration. Pogo walked in and took one look at her cute scrunched up face before he absolutely melted.
"What are you coloring princess?" He asked crouching down next to her.
"a castle!' she said proudly showing Pogo.
He smiled, "That's very good baby"
Anna nodded before concentrating on the picture again. She had been a lot happier these past few months and she hadn't cut herself at all. It seemed silly to her now but you can't change the past so she didn't dwell on it too much.
Pogo walked upstairs to the office to find Manson busy writing a song,
"I'm going to the store, Anna's downstairs coloring." he said.
Manson nodded and picked up his notebook,
"I'll go write downstairs then."
Pogo smiled and kissed him before going back downstairs to grab his keys. Manson chuckled and made his way to the living room where he found Anna coloring on the tile floor. She had made some flowers and other little doodles. 'That kid works fast' thought Manson 'Stephen was only gone a couple minutes'
"Daddy wouldn't be very happy if he saw you doing that baby" Manson said making Anna jump and let out a little whimper.
Manson was more of a brother to Anna than a father but he still had more authority than she did. She turned to him trying to look as innocent as possible. Manson chuckled,
"You know that look doesn't work on me baby but since your my favorite girl I wont tell Daddy what i just saw."
"Oh really?" said a voice from behind them. There stood Pogo looking slightly amused, "you are going to make her think she can get away with anything."
Manson snorted, "babe she does get away with everything, she gives you that look and your like putty in her hands"
Anna giggled from behind them making the pair turn around. She batted her eyelashes,
"look they're pretty!" she said pointing at the flowers.
Pogo rolled his eyes and sighed, what was he going to do with the pair of them.
"Yea Pogo they're pretty" said Manson smirking.
Pogo glares at him, "You better have it cleaned up before I'm back" he said playfully.
He walked over to Anna, scooping her up and hugging her tightly,
"Daddy will be back in a little bit, be good okay?'
Anna nodded before she was set down again and Pogo made his way to his car. After Manson heard him leave he turned to Anna,
"that was a close one!" he said chuckling.
Anna frantically nodded her head in agreement.
"Now go actually color in the coloring book while i clean up your little masterpiece here okay?"
She nodded and crawled into the living room where she plopped herself down and resumed coloring. After he had gotten all the crayon off the floor he went into the living room and turned the TV to Blues Clues. Anna soon crawled up onto the couch and snuggled next to him. They sat just snuggled up til Pogo came home to see them asleep, Anna sprawled across Manson's chest. He shook his head and headed to the kitchen to put away the groceries. After he was done he quietly picked Anna up and carried to her room. He settles her in the crib and covered her up with her new baby blanket. They had been shopping when she had ripped her hand free from his grasp and ran to grab the fluffy brown blanket that had cartoon cows on it. He chuckled at the memory, he also he remembered the heart attack he thought he had when she ran down the shopping aisle away from him. He shook his head; Anna could be such a handful sometimes. He made his way back downstairs to see Marilyn rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He smiled,
"hey, your back"
Pogo nodded and cuddled up next to him. He really loved his little family. They stayed in that position till they heard Anna's cries float down from upstairs. Pogo smiled and got up to comfort his baby. He walked into the nursery and scooped her up out of the crib making little shushing sounds the whole time. After she had settled down he carried her over to the changing table to check her diaper. Finding it wet he quickly changed her and then carried her downstairs back to where Manson was sitting. Every time Pogo tried to set Anna down on the floor to play she'd squeal and tighten her hold on him. Finally he gave up and settled on the couch with her on his lap. It had been a perfect day and they were all content with the decision they had made two months ago. 'I don't ever want things to go back to the way they were' Anna thought before snuggling close to Pogo and falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
not one of my best stories but enjoy!!