Sequel: OuR BeAuTiFuL MaDnEsS
Status: Completed and Soon to be Published

Our Perfect Insanity

Chapter Fourteen

ChApTeR FoUrTeEn
Sylvia Bell

“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
~Albert Pike

I stared at the grave stone, my entire body feeling numb.

My mother was dead. That was it. Dead. Gone. No one knew who killed her. No one knew what happened.

She was found in the basement of an old house on Casey St, along with the body of a little girl that had been identified as June Kilmury.

My mother had worked with Jonathan Kilmury, the father of the little girl that had been found alongside my mother. It was assumed that Jonathan had gone insane, most likely from working with crazies day after day.

Everyone thought he had gone insane and killed my mother, his daughter, and his ex-wife, who was found in the basement of Jonathan’s apartment building, rotting away.

“Sylvia? Sylvia, are you okay?”

A voice inquired this from behind me, and I looked away from the gravestone that belonged to my mother, and over to my best friend, Katrina Grayce.

“Yeah, Kat, I’m just peachy.” I mumbled, and she gave me a sympathetic smile as she walked over to my side.

“I’m really sorry, Syl. I just… I just don’t know what to say. I’ve never had someone so close to me die before; I don’t know how it feels.” Kat said.

I nodded my head weakly.

“I’ve got some good news though, Syl, seeing as you don’t have any other living relatives besides your father, who’s in jail, and you can’t live by yourself because you’re only sixteen, you’re coming to live with me!” Kat exclaimed brightly.

I felt a small smile cross my lips before I turned towards Kat and flung my arms around her, hugging her tightly.

“I think if she should be living with anyone, it should be me.”

Another voice said this from behind me, as I felt two strong arms wrap firmly yet gently around my waist.

“Hey, Jake.” I said, and turned to face the taller boy that was holding me against him.

He had untidy black hair that fell into his eyes slightly, which were also almost black. He was gorgeously handsome, and his smile was amazing.

Speaking of his smile, he gave me a sympathetic one and kissed my gently on the lips.

“No, she should live with her best friend, not her boyfriend. That’s not proper. Besides, I saw her first.” Kat said, crossing her arms.

She herself, had brown hair with natural blond streaks, which was currently pulled back into a ponytail. She also had deep, chocolate brown eyes, and a bubbly personality, which was one of the things that I loved about her.

She knew how to cheer you up.

“Not to be possessive, Kat, but, Sylvia’s mine.” Jake said, and I smiled again, Jake was protective of me in the least.

He loved me, like actually loved me, and I don’t care what people say, sixteen is not too young to know what real love feels like. I know, because I love Jake as well.

“You don’t own her.” Kat retorted, planting her hands firmly on her hips.

I rolled my eyes at the two of them.

This would be amusing to watch on any other day… just not today.

“Guys, please, can you not fight? I’m really not up to listening to that today.” I muttered, and their argueing immediately stopped, and Jake gave me a comforting hug.

I looked up and towards the trees around the cemetery, when I saw something move.

I thought I was imagining it, for a moment, but, I realized I wasn’t when I saw who people standing in the trees, almost completely shaded.

The woman, whom I recognize at all, had long black hair and two different colored eyes, one green and one blue.

The man at her side, I recognized immediately, as I had met him a few times.

It was Jonathan Kilmury. The man who murdered my mother.