Sequel: OuR BeAuTiFuL MaDnEsS
Status: Completed and Soon to be Published

Our Perfect Insanity

Chapter Twenty Four

ChApTeR TwEnTy FoUr

“Enter the darkness of my thoughts that trap you throughout my mind while as you float aimlessly that my bleak silence would cloud your mind into nothing.”
~Anonymous

“That was… exhilarating!”

As we ran across the rooftops, Sylvia exclaimed this, looking exhilarated and overjoyed. The initial shock had worn off, and now Sylvia was mulling over the fact that she had not fallen to her death, and still managed to get across that jump.

I had helped her, of course, but, that seemed to be besides the point to the adrenaline-rushed teenage girl.

“Yes, well, I don’t plan on doing that again anytime soon, so don’t get your hopes up.” I told her, finding a fire escape on the side of the building and lowering myself onto it.

Sylvia followed quickly, though she was still ranting on about the jump.

“It was amazing, though! Didn’t you feel the adrenaline-rush? The feeling of the wind in your hair as you flew by?!” Sylvia gasped, and I shook my head, smiling lightly at how excitable the young girl had become.

“Frankly, Sylvia, I was too busy trying to escape, to feel ‘the wind in my hair’.” I retorted, and Sylvia smirked over at me, though remained quiet as she followed me down the fire escape.

“So… where are we going to go now?” Sylvia questioned, and I opened my mouth, about to reply, when someone beat me to it.

“You’re not going anywhere.”

Ariel’s voice snapped this coldly, and the beautiful figure stepped out of the shadows, her eyes flaming with anger that was directed at Sylvia.

The teenage girl gave a startled sound and hid behind me.

“Ariel, you have no business here. I want you to leave.” I informed her calmly, and Ariel looked over at me, her eyes shining with hurt.

“No, you don’t want me to leave, Jonathan. I love you, why can’t you see that?” Ariel pleaded, and I sighed, crossing my arms tightly over my chest.

“Because you’re a crazy lady and this isn’t the way to gain a man’s affection!” Sylvia exclaimed, stepping out from behind me to shout this at Ariel.

The woman in question saw an opening for attack, and lunged at Sylvia.

“No!” I gasped, stepping in front of Sylvia just in time for Ariel to hit me. I felt something dig into my chest, piercing the skin and causing blood to start flowing down my chest.

My breath caught in my throat as Ariel stumbled back, away from me, and I collapsed to the ground.

“Jonathan, I- I’m sorry, I… you shouldn’t have gotten in the way…”

Ariel looked over at Sylvia with burning hatred as the teenager knelt down at my side. My chest felt heavy, and looking down I could see the blood soaking my black shirt.

That’s way to much blood for a human to lose without dying.

“What have you done to him?” Sylvia cried, looking over at Ariel, who was still glaring hatefully at the two of us.

“You’d better get him medical attention… or he might not... make it.” Ariel murmurred.

She looked slightly scared at the end, and I realized that she was actually truly sorry for hurting me, after all, I was the only one that she didn’t want to harm.

Yet, somehow she kept on managing to harm me, didn’t she? I mused, thoughtfully, before my eyes started to drift closed.

I looked over at Sylvia when she tried to pull my arm around her shoulders.

Ariel was gone, and now Sylvia was pulling me into a standing position. Though, I was hunched over, my arm around her shoulder, while the other arm dangled uselessly at my side.

I looked down and could see my blood dripping, staining the concrete below us a shining crimson color. I moved my arm that wasn’t wrapped around Sylvia’s shoulders, and wrapped it around my torso, trying to stem the blood flow.

I didn’t know how much blood I had already lost, but judging by the amount on the ground, how dizzy I was, and how my vision was getting black around the edges, I would say a lot.

“Come on, Jonathan, stay awake. Don’t die, okay?” Sylvia told me, worry and fear seeping into her tone.

I nodded weakly as Sylvia helped me to walk, or more so, to stumble forwards.

I winced, breathing was becoming difficult and everything was blurring around me. Sylvia looked up at me, worried, before she looked forwards again.

“Stay awake, Jonathan, come on, not much further…” Sylvia coaxed weakly.

I moaned in pain, stumbling in my step and almost falling if it weren’t for Sylvia catching me and keeping me on my feet.

We reached a small house, and I watched as Sylvia pulled out a key and inserted it into its slot, turning it and pushing the door open.

Sylvia adjusted her grip on me before leading me inside.

I got about one step inside the house before I collapsed.