Status: Hell yeah, here we go!

Can You Find Me?

And every morning she wakes up, puts on her make up, and sings my song

-2 years later-

Today was the worst day to get called to do a last minute DropDead shoot. I had Finn staying with me until tomorrow because my aunt and Will were out of town.

But Niall swooped in like Superman and took Finn to see Theo for the day. The boys were a year apart (Theo being older) and were the best of friends I swear. That, and they loved when Uncle Ni-Ni spoiled them (Finn picked up referring to Niall as ‘uncle’ from Theo).

It was nice having him home for an extended period of time. The band was taking a year or so off, mainly for Niall to get his knee surgery done, which went well. He just had to wear a knee brace for now and go to physical therapy every week.

When I got to the DropDead warehouse, I spotted my best friend instantly. She was over in the corner tinkering with her camera. I hadn’t seen her in a few weeks, she’d been off with You Me At Six shooting their latest tour. Since she moved out into her own house with Max almost 2 years ago after they got engaged, she’d been touring around with different bands and shooting for magazines and everything. She was becoming a well known photographer and I was so proud of her!

“Hey!” she said when she saw me, pulling me into a massive hug, “Where’s Finn? I thought you were bringing him?”

“I was, but then Niall said he’d take over for the day.”

“Aw, I wanted to see him!”

“Well I guess you’ll have to stop by Jenny’s and see the little nugget.”

She pouted, “I guess I will. So how have you been? Catch me up on your life since I last saw you.”

“It hasn’t even been that long,” I pointed out. I still couldn’t believe how my life has turned out. I still worked at my aunts bakery when she needed help or didn’t want to balance the books. But I was also modeling a lot more. Still just for my friends and friend’s of friends. I refused to do any bigger shoots, that wasn’t me. I’d been in a handful of music videos and made time to go to LA to see my brother. With the money my mom’s life insurance left me I didn’t need to have one steady job. It was nice not having to worry about things like that, and it made it easier to fly out to see my friends that always seemed to be in different countries than me.

“How’s living in sin with the boyfriend,” she joked.

I blushed. Mostly because I was still getting used to living in Niall’s, well our, house together. It was a new development for us, I’d only just moved in with him 9 months ago, but he’d been begging me for a long time now before I caved. It’s not that I didn’t want to live with him, it was just, I was trying not to rush everything. I wanted to have my own space for as long as possible. But that was a pointless argument since I was always over at his house or he was always at mine, so I finally moved in.

The beauty of doing photo shoots with my best friend was we got to talk the whole time we did it. It was a small shoot, just a few new t-shirts and leggings, so there wasn’t a massive amount of people there, which I loved. The shoot didn’t take that long, but I stayed around catching up with Blue so long that by the time I left it was almost 8.

When I got back to the house it was quiet. I dumped my stuff on the table by the door before I went looking for Niall and Finn. I knew I’d find them in the guest room since it was time for bed for a certain 2 and a half year old.

The door to one of the guest room was cracked open and I could hear them laughing and talking, “Uncle Ni, play song,” I heard Finn say.

“What do you wanna hear little man?”

“I dunno.” At this time I pushed the door open and poked my head in, “Sissy!”

I laughed at his excitement to see me, “Hey Finn, did you have fun with Ni-Ni and Theo today?” I came in to sit on the end of the bed, across from Niall who squeezed my hand as I passed, in front of my little brother. He’s called me sissy since he’s been talking. It was just easier then explaining our mental family dynamic. That my aunt and Will always told him I was his sister, so that’s just what I was. I smiled over at Niall, so had one of his acoustic guitars in his lap. One of his favorite things to do was play guitar for the boys, and they ate it up.

“Yeah! We got ice cream!”

“Finn, that was a secret!” Niall whispered which caused me to laugh.

“Now I know why you’re always everyone favorite. You bribe them with sweets.”

He smirked at me, “That’s rich coming from you. The one that charmed me with her baking skills.”

“Hey, I was just working a job, you just kept coming in.”

“Hey!” Finn said catching our attention again, “Play song Ni-Ni!”

He started tinkering with the strings, “You got it little man.” He started playing the notes to “Asleep” by The Smiths, which made me smile. I’ve been playing music for Finn since he popped out of the womb, and at almost 3, he loved The Smiths. “Asleep,” to the disappointment of Harry, was his favorite song. This kid was definitely related to me.

I listened for a bit before I excused myself to take a shower.

Walking into the big master bathroom, I turned on the hot water and started taking of my clothes and little amount of jewelry I had on, looking across the bathroom as I did so. There were ‘his and her’ sinks. SO DEMESTIC! Who would have through that at 20, working in my aunts bakery, I’d meet an Irish boy band member and fall in love with him. Me, the girl that had prided herself of loving the little things and liked bands they didn’t always play on the radio. I, Ayden Scarpelli, fell in love with the Irish idiot from One Direction.

Here I was, 23, and still in love with him (even when he annoyed the shit out of me). But I had to thank him for a lot. Because of him I met some of the most amazing people that I called my family. Like, I don’t know what I’d do without Harry, Dakota and Perrie. I’ve grown the closest to those three over the years, but even the rest of them, I’d take a bullet for any day!

When I got out of the shower Niall was sprawled out on the bed, still in all his clothes, “Knackered?” I asked as I wondered over to the overly massive walk in closet for something to sleep in.

“Oh yeah. They may only be almost 3 and 4 but those two together are a handful!”

I pulled on some sleep shorts and a tank top before I walked out of the closet and crawled onto the bed next to him. He instantly wrapped himself around me, “That’s what toddlers do. They’re full of energy.”

“Too much.” He kissed my lips chastely, “How was your day?”

“Good. Blue and I spent more time talking than actual work.”

“Sounds like every time you two get together.”

“Basically,” I laughed.

He hummed at my words and I felt his hand push the back of my shirt up so his hand rested on the skin at the small of my back. “Why do you even bother wearing anything to bed? Because even if we don’t fool around I always get you naked.”

I laughed, “That’s like saying ‘why wrap a present if I’m just going to rip it open?’ Where’s the fun in that?”

“Good point,” he laughed.

“Besides, you’re still fully dressed too.”

“We can easily change that,” he said as his lips ghosted over the skin of my neck.

I slowly rolled on top of him, “Then let’s do that.”

“You have to be quiet though. There’s a 2 year old in the house.”

“Thank you captain obvious,” I purred as I lifted his shirt over his head, “But you’re the loud one.”

“Oh no, you’re a big fan of moaning pretty loudly.”

“Say’s the guy that grunts.”

“Yeah, well-”

“Shut up,” I cut him off as I pressed my lips to his.

*****

I was startled out of my sleep by someone banging on the bedroom door, “Get up you two! I’m making breakfast!”

I groaned and shoved Niall, who was on top of me like always, “What is he doing here?” I tried to stretch from under his weight.

“Oh yeah,” he mumbled, “Harry’s staying with us for a few days.”

I, nicely, shoved him off of me as I rolled over to try and wake myself up, “Why, what’s wrong with his house that’s literally down the street?

He yawned, “Kota’s out of town for the week, he says it’s too empty.”

“What a pansy,” I moaned.

“He’s your best friend.”

“Excuse you, he’s your band mate.”

He rolled back over and rested his head on my bare back, “Have you ever tried telling Harry no?”

I sighed contently, “You’re right, it’s completely impossible to tell that lad no. It’s the dimples.”

“And the big green eyes.”

“The tattoos.”

“Plus he knows how to cook,” he continued.

My stomach growled, “He said breakfast didn’t he?”

“He totally did,” Niall said sitting up now. The promise of food always did wake him up.

I threw on my pajamas that were thrown off last night as Niall put on his knee brace before he pulled on some sweats. When we wondered into the kitchen I found Harry at the stove as Finn sat happily on the counter watching him. “Morning,” I said walking in to make tea.

“Sissy, Hazza makes bacon!” my little brother said pointing to the curly headed lad a few feet away at the stove.

“Yeah he does,” I said kissing his cheeks, “You want some juice?”

“Yes!” every lad in the kitchen said.

I looked around at all of them and laughed at the smiled they were giving me, “Alright, 2 glasses of orange juice and a sippy cup.”

“Sissy I want a real cup!”

“Maybe when you’re a bit older.”

He pouted at my words and Niall came over and picked him off the counter, “Aw, don’t pout little man. Sippy cups are awesome!”

“It’s a batman one!” I sang.

“Now I’m jealous!” Harry said shooting Finn a smile.

“Okay, I use sippy cup.” Niall sat him at the table and gave him the sippy cut I handed over with his glass of juice.

I set a glass next to Harry as I grabbed a piece of bacon of the plate, “So you’re staying for a few days?”

“Yeah if that’s alright?”

I shrugged, “Sure, I love slumber parties. We can make a fort in the living room!”

“You’re 23,” he sassed.

I scoffed, “So is Louis but none of you question him ever!”

“Good point babe,” Niall said.

Harry rolled his eyes as he moved the plate of bacon to the island in the middle of the kitchen before he started making pancakes, “You need help?” I asked.

He shot me a look, “I can make pancakes!”

I help up my hands, “Sorry, just thought I’d offer.”

“What are you doing today?”

I shrugged, “Aside from taking Finn home, nothing.”

“Awesome, you’re coming with me.”

“Where are we going?” I asked as I watched Niall put bacon on a plate for Finn.

“Shopping,” Harry said catching my attention.

I smiled, “Do you need new shirts? I noticed yours don’t button up all the way.”

Niall laughed as Harry glared at me, “Do I detect sarcasm?”

“Are we getting new shoes too?” I continued, “You’re boots are getting a bit holy.”

“Why are we friends?”

“Because you love me.”

“Niall you’re bird is harassing me.”

Niall laughed again, “So she’s just my bird when she’s mocking you?”

“Yes!”

I wrapped my arms around Harry’s waist from behind, “But I love yooooou!” I sang.

“Of course you do, I’m Harry!”

“He makes bacon!” Finn yelled!

“Yeah!” Harry and Niall said at the same time.

I laughed, “I’m surrounded by mental lads!”

“Hey!”

I rolled my eyes at them, “Ni are you gonna come with us then?”

“Oh uh, no,” he said swallowing his mouth full of bacon, “I’ve got physical therapy.”

“Didn’t you go the other day?”

“Yeah but uh, my doctor wanted me to come in again to check things out.”

Well that caught my attention, “What? Why, is your knee alright?”

“It’s fine,” he and Harry said at the same time.

I looked between the two of them, “Why are you both acting so weird?”

“We’re not,” they said again at the same time. Finn was laughing at this.

“You’re acting like the creepy twins form the Shinning.”

They exchanged a look before looking back at me, “Sorry.”

“Oh bloody hell.”

Finn giggled even louder, “Oooh sissy that’s bad word!”

*****

Just because One Direction was on a break, didn’t mean the fans and the paparazzi were. I could see the crowd through the windows of Topshop as I walked through the store with Harry. I was glad I got to drop Finn off before coming out. I hated when he was out with me or Niall or one of the others and we were mobbed. He was only 2, he wasn’t ready for this crap yet.

I gave Harry my opinion on everything, not that he listened on some of them, like this ugly brown flannel he was holding. “Fine, get it,” I sighed, “Not like you have like 500 shirts that look just like it or anything.”

“Exactly, I don’t.”

I rolled my eyes as we moved down the rack, “So Dakota’s in Bradford?”

“Yeah with her family.”

“Why didn’t you go?”

He shrugged, “Her sister has been wanting to spend time with her so I figured I’d let them have it, you know?”

“You’re always thinking of others aren’t you,” it was a statement, not a question because that’s just how Harry was. Pleasing.

“It’s the polite thing to do!” he defended.

“Are you ever going to marry that girl?”

He shrugged, “When I know we’re both ready for that, it’ll happen.” He gave me the side eye, “You’re not married either.”

“The only time Niall’s proposed was when he was drunk right after we got back together, so that’s not my fault.”

“You could propose to him.”

“And steal his thunder? No way!”

He hummed, “Good point. He’d whine about that forever.”

“Besides, we’re fine how we are.”

He whipped his head around to me, “What?”

“What?” I asked confused, “Why do you look so alarmed that we’re in a good place?”

“It’s not that it’s just… never mind. What do you think Blue and Max are getting married?”

Okay… I shrugged, “I don’t know. She’s kind of planned what she wants, but there’s still no date planned or anything. They’re being lazy about the whole thing. Which is how they’ve been their whole relationship, really.” I pondered for a second, “I can honestly see them just being engaged for years, pop out a kid, and then get married.”

He laughed, “Those two are something else.”

“Blue’s been like that since birth.”

“I think you have too with a name like that. Blue is a name you really have to live up too.”

I nodded, “We’ve always said that. When we were talking yesterday about her wedding planning, she just doesn’t even care as long as they’re together, like just going down and just signing the marriage license and having it be that. Like she’s so hippy sometimes but she knows her mom would kill her.”

“Have you ever thought about what your wedding would be like?”

I shrugged, “Yes and no. Like I can picture parts of it, but like, I can’t picture the church par. Like who would walk me down the aisle? My brother?”

He nodded, “Why not? Or a friend or Will?”

“I don’t know,” I sighed. “It’s just weird that my parents are gone you know? Well mostly my dad,” after all these years, I was still kind of bitter in the mom department.

“You know you’re dads looking down on you every day.”

“Since when are you so spiritual?”

He hip checked me, “Don’t be a twat.”

“Sorry,” I smiled. “But thanks. You’re always here for me and I appreciate it,” I said wrapping my arm around his waist.

His came around my shoulder and we shared a tender best friend moment, “Always Ayd.”

“Whenever the time comes, why don’t you just give me away?”

“I’d be honored.”

“Good, that’s settled then.” I reached over and grabbed the ugly brown shirt from his grasp, “But I still can’t let you get this.”

“And the tender heart to heart is gone!”

*****

After Harry dragged me to a few more stores, and a handful of veto’s from me that went unacknowledged, he made me come back to his house with him so I could help him hang everything up. Then he made me go get food with him when I kept saying I just wanted to go home. Shopping with him was exhausting, and that was saying something, I’ve been shopping with Eleanor and Perrie! He kept checking his phone throughout the day which really made me want to chuck it out of the car window. Like my company wasn’t enough for you sir?!

“So I’m gonna drop you off then go hang with Louis,” Harry said after we left the restaurant.

“I’m not your mother,” I laughed, “I don’t care what you do.”

“I was just being polite!” he scoffed, “Letting you know I wouldn’t be hogging one of your guest rooms tonight!”

“Okay,” I laughed, “Calm down. Thanks for the heads up.”

“That’s better.”

When we pulled into the driveway Harry was smirking at me, like he was trying not to laugh, “What?”
He shook his head, “Nothing. Have a good night yeah?”

“Why are you all acting so weird?” I muttered as I got out of the car. I waved as he drove away before walking up the steps to the front door.

When I opened the door and stepped in my foot stepped on something that crunched. I lifted my foot in alarm and looked at the floor, “What the hell?” scattered across the floor everywhere were nuts. I shut the door, kicking a few out of the way as I did, “Niall?” I called out, “What the hell happened here?” I got nothing in reply.

I started walking into the house, trying my best not to step on what I now realize were acorns and they were literally everywhere. “Seriously, what the hell did he do?” I said to myself. I followed the acorn trail all the way up the stairs and into our bedroom. The acorns were all over our bed as well as thimbles. “Okay, honestly what is going on? Niall! Where are you?” I yelled out.

“Right here,” I whirled around at his voice and there he was behind me, dressed as Peter Pan, on one knee.

I took in the sight before me trying to piece together what this was, “What are you doing? You’re gonna have one hell of a time getting up with your bum knees. And what’s with the acorns and the insane amount of thimbles on the bed and throughout the house? I’m not cleaning this up!”

“Ayden! I’m trying to propose here!”

My heart sped up, “Oh my god. What? Really? Oh my god did I ruin it?”

He started laughing, “Stop talking and let me do this!” he held his hand out to me, “Come here, I’m kind of stuck in this position.” I walked closer to him and he grabbed my hand. “Ayden, you said the next time I proposed, I had to do it sober and with a ring.” He smiled up at me as be reached behind him and held out a black velvet box.

“Holy shit, you’re serious. This is happening.”

“Please stop talking, you’re killing me here,” he laughed.

“Sorry!”

“Ayden, will you marry me?” he opened the box and inside sat a ring that had a little diamond on it surrounded by vines.

I cupped my hand over my mouth, “Oh my god!”

He looked alarmed, “Shit, do you not like it? The lads convinced me you’d like this. It’s sort of Peter Pan-like. If you don’t like it we can get something else, you can pick it out and-”

“Yes.”

“Yes you don’t like it or?”

“No, no! The ring is perfect. Yes I’ll marry you!”

“You will?”

“Why do you look so surprised?!”

“I don’t know, I was prepared to have to convince you.”

“Oh jesus, can we never do anything right?” I laughed. I fell down on my knees so I was level with him, “This is almost as ridiculous of when you slipped out ‘I love you’ for the first time.”

He scoffed, “No, I had an epic plan! Do you know how expensive a hundred thimbles are? Do you know how long I’ve been collecting acorns? I had Louis go out with me and all he did was bitch!”

I grabbed his face and kissed him. Because, we would start arguing about nothing when he’s proposing to me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me back and I melted into him. I was so happy I couldn’t even process this. “I can’t believe you did this,” I said as I pulled away from his lips, “You literally turned our bedroom into Neverland to propose to me!”

“Tights and all,” he pointed out.

“Let me see the ring again!”

He let go of my waist and brought the box up between us, “Honestly though, if you want something bigger and better, I can do that.”

I scoffed, “Have I ever wanted something flashy?” I stared down at the ring, “This is better than anything I’ve ever imagined Niall.”

“I did good?”

“Amazing!” I held my hand up, “You gonna put it on me or what?”

He chuckled as he pulled the ring out of the box and slipped it on my finger. He looked down at my hand in wonder, “Holy shit, we’re engaged.”

“Holy shit indeed,” then I remembered the day, “Did Harry know about this?”

“Yeah,” he smiled, “I made him get you out of the house so I could do this. I didn’t have to go into physical therapy, I had to get this all ready.”

“This explains everything now,” I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him into me. “This is the greatest thing ever. I can’t believe I’m marrying a member of One Direction!”

“You would,” he scoffed.

“Of course popstar. I have to stay consistent.”

He kissed my neck, “Wanna help me up? I’d like to make love to my fiancé now.”

“So gentlemanly.” I stood and helped him up so he wouldn’t put too much pressure on his knee, “We’re gonna have to clean off the bed first.

“Screw that, we’ve got extra bedrooms to choose from!” I laughed as he dragged me down the hall to a room.

I’ve never loved anyone like I love Niall. I didn’t plan for him, but I don’t think anyone can plan for someone so significant to come into their lives until it happens. He’s changed me, left his mark.

And I was so ready to spend the rest of my life with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
idk man, its been so hard to write this for so many reasons.
i've been trying to write this on and off for weeks trying to get it perfect, but this is the best i've got.

i'm bittersweet about ending this because Ayden and Niall have been my favorite!!!!
i'm gonna miss them!

thank you everyone who's been reading and commenting, and stuck around even when Passenger Seat dragged on waaaay too long.
i love you all!

i've got a few stories in the works. I think i'm going to end up doing a sequel to my Liam story, so look out for that.
i've also got a zayn story about to start, so please check that out!

thank you all again! i love writing for you guys and i hope i gave Ayden and Niall a good ending for you!