Status: New.

Hate Me, Love Me, Protect Me.

Running home.

Hate me, love me, protect me.

I grabbed my car keys and rushed to my car. I started my car and rushed to the Denver air port. I had my ticket in my hand and my bags packed. I kept looking in the review mirror. My name is Zariah Lockwood. I am five months pregnant and I am being abused by my boyfriend.

I got on a plane from Denver to Phoenix, Arizona then from Arizona to Honolulu Hawaii. It was a nine hour flight. I had a rental car already set up and had the keys. I found the rental car and drove down to Da Kine Bail Bonds to talk to my first boyfriend's family.

“Can I help you?” a guy asked from behind a desk. My dark sunglasses covered my blacken eyes, some of my bruised cheek. Nothing hid my busted and bruised lip and bruised arms. I look like I was beaten close to death and I was. “I'm looking for the Chapmans. I'm an old family friend.” I smiled. “Go right to your left and they are in Beth’s office.” he said. “Thanks.” I smiled before I walked to Beth's office. I knocked lightly on the door and was called in. “Sistah, what happened you?” Beth asked. I pushed my sunglasses onto my head and looked at Dog. “I'm Zariah Lockwood. I'm not sure if you remember me or not but I need help.” I said. I locked eyes with Leland. He looked at me, shocked I guess, before leaving the room. “Zariah we remember you. What do you need help with Sweet heart?” Dog asked. I sat down on a chair by the desk. “I'm being physcally and mentally abusied by my boyfriend and I'm scared for my life. His name is Leo Brightson and I'm sure he is hot on my trail.” I said beginning my story,

Leland's Point Of View.

“We need to find this jump.” Beth said. “He isn't in Hawaii Bethy. He ran off to Colorado.” My dad said. Then there was knock on the door. “Come in.” My dad said. A women who was noticeably pregnant covered in bruises. “Sistah, What happened to you?” Beth asked “I'm Zariah Lockwood. Im not sure of you remember me or not but I need help.” She said, looking at me with the last three words. I was stunned. The girl (My ex girlfriend who was my first true love) who ran away 5 years ago is now pregnant and beaten and now standing in my step mothers office. I walked out the door and headed to my truck. I sat down in the drivers side. Why is she coming back now?” I asked myself. “Who? That Zariah chick? Didn't you date someone named Zariah?” Duane Lee asked. “Yeah bro and that's her.” I said looking at him. “That's Zariah?” he asked shocked. “Yeah man. She up and left 5 years ago and hasn't came back until now.” I said. “Her boyfriend is friends with our fugitive and she knows him real well. If she calls him for anything, he'll come running. Or so that’s what she said.” He said. “What else did she say?” I asked, not sure if I wanted to know or not. “Well after she left here she went to Denver and did some babysitting and house cleaning stuff but learned how to do tattooing. Made a lot of money, but after 3 years she met Leo Brightson and Daniel May. Her and Leo did the whole love story thing and then last year he just started to use her as a punching bag. It's been getting worse as her pregnancy grows.” Duane Lee said. I nodded.

“Hey Daniel. I need your help.” There was a pause before she continued talking again. “I'm in Honolulu. I took off early this morning.” Another pause before the color left her face. “What do you mean that you and Leo are already heading here?” She said with panic in her voice. “Alright. I'll pick you guys up tomorrow at 2:45.” She said before snapping her phone shut. “Plan?” Beth said. “I think we should have her go and wait for them outside of the terminal and walk them out to Tim's truck. We jump out and get Daniel.” Dog said. They agreed to that. “Does Daniel still look like that?” Duane Lee asked. I looked at the picture. “He has black hair and a scar on his cheek.” I said. “Okay.” I said.

At airport. Zariah's P.O.V

I waited outside the terminal for an hour when I finally saw Leo's and Daniel’s huge forms. I waved at them and they walked over. “The next time you leave, I'm fucking killing you and that thing growing in you, you dirty fucking slut.” Leo whispered in my ear. “Okay.” I said. He grabbed my arm and I lead him out to Tim's car.

When Leo saw his buddy get arrested he turned to me and slapped me. I put my hand up to my cheek. Then Tim grabbed Leo and put cuffs on him. “You're going to jail with your buddy.” Beth said while Leland was on the phone. I looked at Leo, unsure what to do. After a few mintues a cop car pulled up. “What's going on ladies and gentleman?” the police officer said. “Leo Brightson, the tall blonde in handcuffs has been hitting Zariah Lockwood, who is right here.” Lyssa said. “And you're pregnant?” The officer asked. “Yeah. 21 weeks.” I said. “How long has this been going on?” the officer asked. “A year.” I said. “Okay. I'll need a statement from you ma'am and Leo Brightson.” the officer said. “Will you be okay until we get back?” Beth asked. “Yeah go a head and take him.” I said while Leo got unhandcuffed.

I sat in my car while Leo gave his statement. The officer nodded before coming back to my car. “He's saying that you started to hit him for the past 3 years.” The officer said. “I never laid a hand on him. Even when he began to hit me.” I said. “Okay ma'am I understand that. The only reason why you're not going to jail today is because he doesn't have marks. I'll have to take pictures of your marks for evidence.” The cop said. “Why would she go to jail? She is the one with bruises on her. His words vs her bruises that were cause by him.” Beth said. “Ma'am he is going to jail. She isn't. The only thing she can do now to protect her is to get a restraining order.” the officer said before walking off and arresting Leo. “Don't worry you dirty, worthless, c**t. I'll be out soon. Just wait for me baby.” Leo yelled. “It's going to be a long time before you see her, bra.” Beth said to him. Dog went up and talked to the officer. The officer nodded and handed Leo over to him. “We're taking him to jail, Bethy.” Dog said. “Okay big daddy.” “Follow her home. Make sure she gets home safe.” Leland said. Beth nodded.

I drove down the highway. Tears threatening to fall. I drove in silence. Then my phone rung.
“Pick yourself up.
Up off the floor.
Wipe the tears from off your face,
Because the cops are knocking on the door.
They're gonna wanna know what's up!
Better tell them that you fell.
Cause when they see the bruises on my face
They're probably taking both of us to jail.”

I sighed and flipped my phone open. “What do you want?” I asked. My voice finally breaking and tears going down my face. “Hey babygirl. I just wanted to call you to tell you that I love you and I'm sorry for hitting you. I'll get better. I'll heal. I promise. I want to be the man that you fell in love in. I'm so sorry babe.” Leo said. “I'm done. I'm done with this relationship. I'm done with you. Find someone else to be your punching bag. Don't call me 'baby' or 'babygirl' because I'm not yours anymore. You always said you where getting better but you never did. Call someone else to take the blame for you because I refuse to do it anymore.” I said, wiping the tears off of my face. “Do you still love me?” Leo asked. I thought for a second before finally answering. “No. If its anyone I love right now, its Dog's family.” I said. “Baby?!? Will you come and bail me out. Our child needs a father.” Leo said. “No. I can rise my baby by myself. Bye Leo.” I said snapping my phone shut and taking the battery out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I only own my own characters.