Status: One-Shot

His Happiness, Her Heartbreak

One/one

He would come off stage, all sweaty, but she didn't care. He would give her a hug, a kiss on the head and they would laugh. Eli would throw her that smile that made her melt, made knees go weak. She would grin like an idiot, her heart swelling with pride and an unattainable, indescribable amount of love for the superstar in front of her. He would throw a quick and happy, “Love you!” before taking off.

Then, he would go over to her—his girlfriend. Instead of the head, she got to feel his lips on hers. A hug that lasted far longer, that lingered with both arms. He would give her a sweet, beautiful smile that radiated all the love that she felt for him.

She would never get to have what she had. She was his best friend, the one he vented to and could rely on in a friendly way. His girlfriend was Korean and she, some American he had befriended in his early years. Eli had no idea, though every other member of the group knew. They could all see it—how much she loved him and how he was so oblivious.

“Why don't you tell him?” Kevin would ask.

“I can't sacrifice his happiness so he can know about my little crush,” she would respond.

“I don't think its just a 'little crush',” would come the skeptical reply.

Eli would never know and she would make sure of it. She loved him enough that she could not break it to him. It would hurt him if he knew that he was breaking her heart and leading her on. He wasn't doing it purposeful because Eli was not that type of guy. He loved her, just not in the same way he loved her—his girlfriend.

But she would keep loving him until she stopped. And if she never stopped, then she would live on without regrets. Because he was happiest with her and his happiness was what was most important to her.

It always would be.