The Chaser and the Keeper

► Hope

Image

***

“Andrew, want to help Fred, Louis, and I plan a prank?” James asked, trying to keep up with Andrew’s fast pace as he headed towards the hospital wing, “We haven’t pulled one in forever. I was thinking we should do it to Filch; he’s been annoying the shit out of me lately.”

“I can’t,” Andrew replied, “I’m meeting Savannah in the hospital wing.”

“You need to take a break, Andrew. Just because you’re there almost every waking moment doesn’t mean she’s going to wake up any sooner.”

Andrew stopped in his tracks, turning around to face his friend and grabbed him by the shirt collar.

“You listen to me James Potter,” he said as James struggled to get away, “I don’t recall you being in the mood to play pranks while your brother was lying in here. Now I know you hate her, but Kristen is my sister. I’m going to be by her side as much as I want. You have no right telling me to take a break, considering it was your brilliant plan that put her in there in the first place.”

He let go of James and stormed off. James stood there stunned. Andrew had never treated him so roughly before. He had deserved it though. James could once again feel the guilt eating him up. It had been his actions that caused Andrew to act like this. It was his actions that had put Kristen in the hospital wing for almost two weeks.

***

“Sorry I’m late,” Andrew stated, taking the seat opposite Savannah on the other side of the bed, “I ran into James on the way here.”

Savannah nodded and they fell into an awkward silence, hoping that during this silence, Kristen would wake up.

“Merlin,” Savannah muttered under her breath.

“What?” Andrew asked, looking over at her.

“I think I just felt Kristen squeeze my hand.”

Andrew’s eyes widened and he was immediately filled with hope. He just wish it wasn’t false hope.

“Do you think she’s waking up?” Andrew asked.

“I hope so,” Savannah replied, “Can you hear us Kristen?”

“If so, can you open your eyes and say something?”

They watched her to see what was happening. It took a couple seconds, but soon they started to see her eyes slowly flutter open. She looked around the room with her green eyes before finally landing on her brother and sister.

“Hi,” she said softly.

Andrew and Savannah engulfed their sister in a huge hug.

“What’s that for?” Kristen asked, “I only got knocked out of a quidditch game. What have I been out for? A couple of hours?”

Savannah and Andrew glanced at each other. Kristen was not going to be very happy to hear what they were about to tell her.

“Kristen, you’ve been unconscious for almost two weeks,” Andrew replied.

Kristen’s eyes widened. She definitely had not expected this.

“If I was out for almost two weeks, then that means that final exams start on Monday,” Kristen realized, “Shit! I only have a little over two days to study!”

“How did I know that studying would be one of the first things you talked about?” Andrew asked.

“I’ll go grab the notes your friends took for you and be right back,” Savannah added, before walking out of the hospital wing.

“Who ended up winning the cup?” Kristen asked once her sister had left.

“Gryffindor did,” Andrew replied.

This had been another piece of information he wasn’t too fond about having to tell her. She was going to be pissed.

“Damn it!” Kristen exclaimed, “I thought I trained my team better than that! How badly did we lose?”

“I’m not sure to be honest; no one really cared about the score. They were kind of worried about all of the unconscious people,” Andrew replied.

“How many people were knocked unconscious?”

“Eleven.”

Kristen’s eyes went even wider. She was kind of disappointed that she had been the first one knocked out. She wished she could have seen what happened.

“How on earth did eleven people get knocked out? Were you one of them?” Kristen asked.

“Yeah I was,” Andrew replied, before explaining James’s plan to his sister.

Kristen was quiet for a moment, soaking all of the information in. That game sounded rather interesting but quite ridiculous.

“James Potter is an asshole,” Kristen stated bluntly, “You really need to learn to pick better friends.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: This one's for jaseykay for the continious tune in for this story! Kristen finally woke up! *wide grin*