Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is my first story, so please be kind :))

Just for a Moment

Chapter 15

Jack didn't go into school today he wanted to be he really did, but the thumping in his head and the scratchiness in his throat told him otherwise. So today he stayed home curled up in his warm haven otherwise known as his bed. The problem of not going into school today was that he wouldn't get to see Alex, and if anything that was all he wanted to do. He wanted to see the older boy and hold him and never let him go, he wanted to kiss him and to never stop because now he knew that Alex wanted the same things as what Jack wanted. Alex wanted Jack and Jack was as sure as hell that he wanted Alex, and he knew he would have crossed hell and back to get him. Because that's what love is, love is when you would do anything for the one you love, and yes, this is Jack saying that he loved Alex, he didn't just like him he loved him.

When the time came Jack knew Alex would be in class he grabbed his phone from his night stand next to his bed, knowing that the older boy would probably end up send him a text at some point, and just as the thought went through his head a text popped up on his screen.

'Hey, Jacky! Are you alright?' Jack smiled at the message before sending one back.

Yeah, I came down with the flu. Sorry for leaving you alone Lex :( He did feel bad for the boy, he knew how Alex got when he was by himself around people he wasn't fond of and he hated leaving him alone while he was like that. The most Jack could do now was hope that Alex got on okay in school, and pray to whatever god there was that no one would say anything to his precious boy.

Jack sighed to himself and put his phone down as another excruciating headache came along; he turned over and nuzzled his head into his pillows while hoping with everything he had that Alex was going to be okay, because he didn't think that he would be able to live with himself if he wasn't.

Jack woke up a few minutes later and he felt a lot better, in fact he might see if Alex would want to meet up later because Jack did have a few things to say and maybe ask some questions. For the second time that day he reached out and grabbed his phone.

Hey Lexy, do you want to meet me at the park after school? I miss you and I want to see you :) Jack put his phone on his night stand again and closed his eyes as he waited for Alex's reply. Moments passed and nothing happened he checked the time and saw that it was almost four; surely Alex still couldn't be in class? He bit his lip and checked his phone. Nothing. This can't be right, he thought to himself. He shook his head and decided to leave it for a while and take a shower.

About half an hour later Jack was out of the shower and squeaky clean and just wondering around his room in a pair of boxers. He threw his wet towel on his bed before sitting in his desk chair and grabbing his phone. Still nothing from Alex, now he was worried. He hastily got up from his chair and bounded to his wardrobe, pulling out the first thing that was there. He pulled the clothes on and grabbed his phone from his desk and sprinted down the stairs. Luck was in his favour as no one was home so there was no one to ask any questions as to why he was running around like a headless chicken. He quickly grabbed his keys before running out to his car and driving away quickly and headed towards the school.

He eventually made it to the school and got out of his car and started to look around for Alex, he was searching for a good half an hour before he actually found him, and when he did for the first time in his life Jack felt heart break. There lying on the floor in a pool of his own blood was Alex. Once Jack snapped out of his trance like state he rushed over to Alex and crouched down next to him. "Oh my god Alex" He whispered and gently pushed his blood soaked hair out of his face. He ever so gently ran his fingers across Alex's cheek as the tears started to fall from his eyes. Why did this have to happen to Alex? His Alex. A sob shook throughout his body as he pulled his phone out his pocket to dial for an ambulance.

"Help, you need to help me please. It’s my boyfriend he's in a pool of blood and he's unconscious and I don't know what to do." He whimpered and gripped at his hair.

"Okay sir," A calm female voice came from the other end of the phone "I need you to tell me where you are." Jack nodded and whimpered again.

"We're in Dulaney High." He whispered and cried slightly.

"Okay sir, an ambulance his on its way" Jack nodded and quickly hung up the phone and quickly rushed over to Alex, leaning down and pressing a kiss to Alex's forehead. "It’s okay sweetie, an ambulance is on the way. You're going to be okay." With each agonizing passing second, Jack felt his heart shatter even more. Seeing Alex in the state was heart wrenching and he wasn't sure how much longer he could bare it, but bare it he will. There was no way he was going to leave his Alex by himself. No way in hell.

A few minutes later Jack heard an ambulance and saw the paramedics running down the hallway, he stepped away from Alex and watched as they carried Alex out to the ambulance. Before Jack could even climb in with him, the ambulance was driving off, leaving Jack heartbroken and wishing that his baby would be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, updates are going to be more frequent now because there are now two of us :D So yeah, good news all around!