Life Is Not That Simple!

Run!

Mia and I reached the house a little later than everyone else. We wanted to be sure the cops didn't follow us. We tried to find Dom, but couldn't. Mia was freaking out, but I knew Dom wouldn't allow himself to be caught again. He wouldn't allow himself to go back to prison.

I went upstairs and changed into something less skanky. (http://www.polyvore.com/being_comfortable/set?id=83546658). I pulled my hair into a messy bun before going downstairs to see a party going on. I rolled my eyes and pushed people out of my way as I looked for Mia. I finally found her clung to Dom. I smiled and ran over to them, making it a family hug.

"Glad at least you two were worried." I knew he was mad from the sound of his voice. While he could have been busted, everyone else was partying. I hugged his side slightly tighter, to let him know that I was worried even if I didn't show it.

Brian came up to Mia and smiled. "Hey, nice to see you again." Vince made a disgusted sound as he walked by to grab a beer out of the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and thought about tripping Vince, but I knew it would have been wrong.

Dom apparently decided to stick up for the new guy, which is a shock. Dom doesn't really like anybody, so I was surprised he stuck up for Brian. "Have something to say, Vince?"

I took that as cue to leave. I went upstairs an went to my room. I was tired, but not tired enough to sleep. I decided to do something that I knew I shouldn't. I went to the attic and started going through boxes that were never unpacked from when my parents died. I found a bunch of papers that I was far too lazy to read, a necklace, some letters, and a package.

I opened the package and found more papers. Wow, my parents liked their papers. I reached for the necklace and seen that it looked really familiar. I don't think I've ever actually seen it before, but it feels like I have. It must of been my mothers.

As I was examining the stuff, I didn't realize that someone had walked into the room until they cleared their throat. Startled, I looked up to see Dom. I relaxed slightly, but I knew Dom would be pissed. He doesn't like anybody going through our parents things.

"What are you doing up here?" I shrugged and picked up the necklace I had dropped. I gently put it back in its box and into the box I had got it out of. "I was curious about the stuff up here."

I was about to leave, but he grabbed onto my arm. "You know better than to be up here." I gently pulled out of his grip and looked at him. "I have a right to know about our parents, Dom." I went back to my room and finally fell asleep after the party died down.

I woke up later than usual and I felt horrible. It's like I've had a cold for days and I'm just now starting to recover. I sluggishly got out of bed and changed into something I knew would be comfortable for the long day ahead. (http://www.polyvore.com/casual/set?id=43419428). I went downstairs to see that no one was home.

I shrugged and got a bag of chips from the cabinet. I started to munch on the barbecue chips while I sat down on the couch and flipped through a million different channels. Nothing was on t.v. today, well there goes my lazy day!

I stuffed my face with a few handfuls of chips before putting them back and washing my hands. There was a commotion outside, so I decided to be a Nancy Drew and go check it out. Some guys on some motorcycles were arguing with Dom, Vince, and Jesse.

One of the motorcycle guys said something as I walked over beside Dom. He immediately pushed me back towards the house. "Inside. Now!" I raised my eyebrows and realized too late why he wanted me inside.

They all had guns in their hands. "Run!" I heard Dom yell to run, but I couldn't seem to run fast enough. I ran towards the side of the house for cover, but something hit my side. I screamed and fell to the ground as the motorcycle guys drove away at a speed much faster than a regular motorcycle should.

I put my hand to my side and felt something sticky. Had I been shot? Everything around me became a blur as I started to panic. I felt someone put their hand on my side, over my hand while someone else shouted for car keys.

I couldn't really feel anything and I couldn't tell what was going on around me. I was only concerned about two things though. "Dom? Mia?" My voice was so soft I wasn't sure anyone heard it.

After what felt like forever, my question was finally answered. "Me and Mia are alright. Hang in there, Kathleen." Dom's voice. That's all I needed to hear. I felt myself being picked up and instantly hissed in my pain. My side felt like I had been stabbed.

I could hear Dom trying to keep me talking, but I couldn't seem to form the words to respond. My mind was going blank as I felt the blood continue to seep through my shirt. I closed my eyes and started to dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd just like to say that I DID NOT come up with this idea completely on my own.
I read a fanfic a couple weeks ago where someone got shot and it inspired me to incorporate someone getting shot into my story. However, the character is my own and so is the plot.
xoxo