Status: First story on here, hope it's okay! Find me on the ATL fanfic website- w4lkingtr4vesty :)

Falling Stars & Stitched Up Hearts

Movie Nights

JESS' POV

Eager to text Jack, I walked home fast and ran up to my room, falling on to the bed and pulling out my phone.

To: Jack
Hey :) Up to much?

From: Jack
Hey :) Not really, boreed.

To: Jack
You must live kinda near me, I'm at 57 Barnes Avenue. Wanna come over just now? I still don't know my way around...

From: Jack
Okay, I'll be there soon.


Tossing my phone aside, I leaped up and went to my mirror. Brushing my hair, I sighed as I took in my unappealing reflection. Before any major alterations could be made, the door was being knocked. I ran down the stairs and threw it open to reveal Jack standing nervously in my doorway. I felt butterflies as I allowed him to walk past me and enter, his hand brushing mine as we made our way through the house and to the kitche,

'I'm so hungry,' I began, searching through the cupboards.

'I'm not too bad a cook?' suggested Jack.

I gestured for him to take over and within a minute he had pulled various ingredients out. 'Pancakes,' he exclaimed happily.

I took out the pan and handed it to Jack. After he mixed the ingredients, I put on the heat and he began to pour the mixture on to the pan. I watched intently as he flipped pancake after pancake, the result being four golden circles of pure joy. I sat up on the counter and Jack leaned against it next to me, silence falling as we tucked in.

'That was delicious!' I said, kicking him gently with my dangling leg. He spun around and placed his hands on my thighs.

'No kicking me, mrs!' he joked, proceeding to tickle me. This certainly was not the same boy I'd seen in school, he was so relaxed. I giggled as he continued to tickle me, putting aside the thoughts of how odd he was during school hours.

'What now?' he said, hands falling by his side.

'A movie?'

I hopped off the counter and walked to my room, Jack hot on my trail. He sat down on my bed as I looked through the unorganized pile of movies. I popped 'Home Alone' into the player then scrambled on the bed next to Jack.

'Yes,' he whispered, I guess he liked that movie.

Near the end, at about 7:10, my Dad returned home. I knew he had been drinking after work as his footsteps were unstable. The voice of another man, probably the guy he had carpooled with, echoed through the house. I turned to Jack who was already looking at me, fear in his eyes.

'That'll be my Dad home.'

'Should I leave?'

'Uh, maybe, I think he might be drunk...' I confessed.

Before I could do anything, Jack was on his feet and making way for my door. I threw myself on front of him and sneaked down the stairs, his hand in mine. I repeatedly made the 'shh' sign with my hand as we crept through the halls. Once we reached the door, I dropped his hand and stared into his chocolate brown eyes, they stared back.

'Thanks for such an awesome night.'

'No bother, Barakat.' I smiled, tossing a gentle punch at his left arm before opening the door and letting him go.