Status: Complete

Hellraiser

Part 1

The dim light of the tv illuminated the darkness of the crowded bedroom. My eyes flickered, open, shut, open. Mtv news was on, I enjoyed this show. Clicking the unmute button, I looked to the monstrous television eye. "The band, Marilyn Manson has temporarily broken up. Leader Manson says its for a year to hopefully get some inspiration for better work. It was announced last month that all members are going to live alone in different states until next year. Where are they now? Nothing is for sure but who knows, maybe one of them is living next door to you." The announcer said. Yeah, I bet. I thought, shutting off the tv to go to bed.
Part 1
Turn that music down! Father insisted. It’s not me; it’s the new neighbors! I replied from my main floor bedroom. I looked outside the window. There was some guy dressed all in black, head to toe, not revealing any skin what-so-ever near the yard next door. Nobody knew who he was, what he looks like or where he came from. The man looked over. I quickly turned my back as if I wasn’t looking at him. Out the corner of my eye, he turned back around. A spark of natural curiosity had set in. What did he look like? I glanced back out the window to see the face of the Grim reaper staring back. Screaming, I dropped my phone and ran out of the room. "What was that all about?" Mom asked. "Nothing, just a spider." I lied. "Oh, ok."
Going back into the room, there was blue writing on the window; it was upside down. Cautiously, I tiptoed outside the house next to the bedroom window. “You should know who I am by now.” It read. I quickly erased it with my jacket sleeve. I knew my parents would be pissed if they knew someone had been by my window.
"Have fun at work!" Mom yelled. "Yup yup." I called back, walking down the driveway to my Camaro. "To Sonic we go!" I said aloud. I worked as a carhop and fountain at the popular drive in restaurant. Dressed in uniform, I pulled into employee parking behind the customer parking stalls. "Right on time." Frank said as soon as I walked in. "Good, I was worried." "About what?" "Some guy in a shiny BMW was riding my ass the way here." I explained. "Look who it is." Frank said as he pointed to the big window. "Whom?" A sleek black BMW pulled up and parked in one of the stalls. It was the man in the mask. "That’s the guy who followed me here!" I shouted. "He is?" Frank asked. "Yes." I answered. "If you want, you can pick up trash out back, I’ll handle this." He offered. "Ok, thanks Frankie." I walked around and picked up trash; carefully avoiding the BMW.
15 minutes later, I returned. "Take this." Dustin commanded, handing me the food. Stall 12; where the BMW sat. "Dustin, Frank said he'd take this one. I insisted. "Well, Frank just left two minutes ago and never said anything about that so, take it out or you're fired."
"That will be $11.79." I quietly said as I stood with the food by the window of the BMW. A gloved hand counted out the exact total. I handed the man his food and walked off. A fist banged on the side of the car, making me jump. The gloved fingers motioned for me to come back over. I carefully stepped back to the car. "Is something wrong, sir?" I asked. The masked man held his hand out to me. In it was a $100 bill. "For me?" The mask nodded, outreaching his sleeved arm farther. "Sir, that is very kind but I cannot take this. You keep it, but thank you." I said, handing the money back to him. The man threw it onto the ground, backed out of the stall and drove off. "Well, I guess I can take it now." I whispered, picking up the abandoned money.
"Kids! Come here!" Mother called from upstairs. "What? Sharon asked. "Your father and I are going to New York for a week and you guys need to pack your shit and go to grandma’s house." She announced. "Mom, why can’t we just stay home? I’m 16. I pointed out." Violet, don’t play coy with me!" She barked. "Mom!" "Would you rather stay with the super creepy new neighbors?" Father interjected. "No." Sharon replied. "Yes, I would." I said, to cover up her fear of her father. "Is that so?" He asked, sensing her anxiety. I nodded. "So it looks like Violet gets to go stay with that creepy guy. I will go ask!" Father announced, trying to get me to buckle under the pressure. We watched from the window.
Sure enough, dad was talking to the guy in black. My stomach dropped. Father came back over with a surprised yet devious look on his face. "He said he would be delighted to babysit you." "Dad, I’m 16! I can watch myself!" "Mike, we don’t know that guy, he could hurt her!" Mom pointed out. "Well, it’s her decision- if she doesn’t want to go to grandma’s house, she can stay with that creepy guy next door! Your choice!" He barked. "The creepy guy next door." I responded, a grin on my face. "Have it your way but when he murders you, don’t come running to me!" He stated. "Oh don’t worry, I won’t."
"Mom, I can’t believe that, I don’t know that guy." I said. "Violet, your father gave you a choice, he’s talking to that guy right now; there’s no backing out of this. "I know but still, you know grandma doesn’t like me." I told her. "Yes, I know." "It’s only a week." "Fine."
"We won’t be leaving until we see you go in his house!" Dad mooed. "Do you have all your things?" Mom asked. "Yeah, I do." "Ok, get going!" Dad demanded as I walked up the strange man’s stairs with the suitcase
Cautiously, I knocked at the door. Forcing myself to breath and feeling the adrenaline coursing through my veins. The strange man opened the door and took off his mask. "Hello, you must be Violet, come on in!" Immediately, I recognized him, thinking back to the note he left on the window, I did know him, very well. As did the rest of the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any feedback is appreciated!