Status: I originally posted this on Wattpad and decided to share it on here!

Breakout

Chapter 15

Chapter 15.

Zack showed up to band practice five minutes after Alex and I arrived. The guys played the usual their usual songs while Samantha and I sat back and watched. Zack kept smiling at me through the whole practice and I saw Alex's face grew red. The guys went upstairs to get some snacks to drink.

"Ooh, looks like Zack has a crush on you," Samantha teased. I hit her arm.

"Shut up, no he doesn't. We're just friends," I assured her. Of course she didn't believe me.

"And looks like Alex is jealous."

"Why is Alex jealous?" I asked. Samantha looked at me like it was an obvious question.

"Marie, Alex likes you!"

I looked at her like she was crazy. Hell, Samantha was crazy.

"Why would Alex like me?"

"Marie! You are now pretty!"

"Are you saying I wasn't pretty before?"

Samantha rolled her eyes. "Mar, you've always been pretty. Especially behind those glasses. I mean, ever since I gave you your makeover, Alex has been paying attention to you. And I mean major attention. You and him are hanging out a lot lately, you guys flirt all the time. You two are clearly meant for each other."

"Are you done?" I asked.

Samantha ignored me and continued to talk. "Alex is like the perfect guy for you. You both have the same personalities, past the dick jokes, but you guys are like twins! Even Jack notices it! I don't know about Rian or Zack but I know Jack does. Face it Marie, you like Alex and he likes you back. Ask him out before someone else does. And someone like Alex won't stay single for long."

I studied Samantha's words. "But I can't. He's going to say no. All the guys I asked have."

"Who did you ask out?"

"When I was in third grade, I liked a boy named Max. I told my friend, Caitlin, and she told him the next day and it was awkward. I mean, I should've known. I was in third grade not a fucking teenager."

"Are you going to ask him out?" Samantha pleaded.

I shrugged. "I don't know."

Finally, the guys came down but without Alex. They all set the snacks on the table in front of us.

"Now's your chance," Samantha whispered. "Alex is upstairs alone. Go!"

"What are you guys talking about?" Jack asked.

"Nothing," Samantha nudged me in the stomach with her elbow. "Marie here, needs to use the bathroom."

"It's upstairs, down the hallway, to your left," Rian instructed.

"Thanks," I said. Samantha smirked at me as I got up from my seat and started walking upstairs. My heart was pounding a thousand beats per minute. I instantly found the bathroom and walking out of it was Alex.

"Oh, hey," he said. His hair was a little wet. I assumed he tried to cool himself down after playing practice.

"Hey," I said. "What's up?"

Alex furrowed his eyebrows. "I just finished peeing."

I instantly blushed, looking down on the ground. Alex chuckled. He then tilted my chin up with his finger.

"You look really cute when you blush," he whispered. I couldn't say anything. Alex started inching closer and closer. My heart was beating faster and faster. I found my eyes closing and his too. I could feel our noses touching. Please don't let this be a dream.

"Eeek!"

Alex and I instantly pulled away as we both turned toward the noise. Rian's mom, who had cookies on a tray (which were now on the floor), gaped at us.

"I'm so sorry! Was I interrupting something?" She asked. My cheeks grew red.

"No," Alex shook his head. We all just stood there, just staring at each other. Well this was awkward. This was the second time an adult has walked in on us almost kissing. Rian's mom smiled at us and picked up the cookies on the ground and walked off into the kitchen.

"Seriously?" Alex said, running a hand through his hair.

"What?" I asked.

"That was the second time an adult has walked in on us, the first was your mom of course."

I sighed. "Yeah."

"Do you hate it?"

"Hate what?"

"That people keep walking in on us?"

I hesitated before answering. "A little."

"I really wanna know what it's like to kiss you," Alex admitted. My heart beat increased within the first word he said.

"What?" I managed to choke out.

"Marie, I like you. I fucking like you. Like a lot."

"W-what?"

Alex laughed, humorlessly and he stepped closer to me and cupped my face in his hands. "I fucking like you, Marie. A lot."

Before I could process what was going on, Alex leaned down and kissed me full on the lips. I was shocked at first but kissed him back. Alex's hands slid down to my waist as I locked my fingers behind his neck. His lips were soft against mine as we continued to kiss. Alex tasted like cinnamon against mine and I couldn't help but smile against his lips. I felt him smile back too. We slowly pulled away, quietly laughing.

"That was great," I laughed. Alex laughed also.

"Yeah."

He pecked my lips as he intertwined our fingers together and headed down the basement together.

---

"So you're really dating Alex?" Jasey asked me at lunch. Ginger was right beside her, looking at me curiously.

"Yeah," I said.

"Oh," she simply replied. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Is it wrong to date him?"

"No, no. You guys are a lovely couple," I heard sarcastic in her voice. I nodded.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome!" She and Ginger, than got up from the table and walked off.

"I'm so glad you and Alex are dating! Finally! Do you not how long have I've waited for you two to get together?!" Samantha squealed. I laughed.

"It's true. She would tell me everyday in History," Rian explained. "Finally glad you two are together. too. She finally shut up about it."

I laughed again at my two friends. Alex and I were finally dating. We both showed up downstairs in Rian's basement, hand in hand and as soon as they saw, they wouldn't stop crying. Like legit. Suddenly, my phone in my pocket started beeping. I took my phone out and a smile lit up across my face.

meet me in the music room? -Alex.

I thumbed a reply and got up at my seat. "Be right back."

"Make sure you use a condom!" Rian yelled. Samantha smacked him across the head.

"Thank you for putting a dirty image in my mind," she glared. I blushed a little as I was walking down the hallway. I found the music room and slowly opened the door. I walked in and closed the door. I suddenly felt arms wrap around my waist in behind. I instantly smiled.

"Hey," Alex breathed against my neck.

"Hi," I giggled. I turned around in his arms and linked my arms around his neck as his hands traced circles on my back. Alex leaned down and pressed his forehead against mine.

"It feels good to finally be a couple," he said, lightly pressing his lips against mine.

"Yeah," I said as he pulled away.

"I want you to meet my parents."

"What? Why?"

"I might've been talking to you a lot around the house."

I laughed. "Of course."

"So tonight?"

I nodded and pressed my lips against his. "Tonight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?