Status: I originally posted this on Wattpad and decided to share it on here!

Breakout

Chapter 21

Chapter 21.

It's been two weeks since the tour started which means tour was finally over. I had enough time for myself and Alex and I gladly made up. We all had the best time on tour. Laughter and smiles filled inbetween the weeks. It's now Monday, which is back to school. I was in homeroom, when the announcements came on.

"Excuse for the interruption, please will Marie Chambers and Alex Gaskarth please come to the office, thank you."

All eyes turned to me as I sunk lower in my seat. I've never ever been to the principal's office. Like ever. My homeroom teacher, Mrs. Wheeler, ushered me to her desk so I could get a hall pass. I got up from my seat, all eyes still on me, and she handed me a hall pass. I walked out of the classroom and down the hallway. While I was walking, I remember they said Alex's name. What did Alex do? I took a deep breath when I reached the principal's office. I opened the door and saw the secretary sitting at her desk. She was typing away on her laptop. She looked up at me when I approached her desk.

"Ah, Miss Chambers. Principal Myers wants to see you. You can go ahead in his office," she said. I nodded and went inside the principal's office. Sitting in the chair, was Alex. I softly smiled at him and sat in the chair next to him. We both sat in front of our principal, holding our breaths. Our principal was bald and had a bread. Thick glasses, framed his eyes as he stared at us.

"Do you guys know why you're here?" he asked. Alex and I both shook our heads. Mr. Myers' eyes trailed down to my stomach then up to my face again.

"You two are dating right?"

Alex and I both nodded, not speaking a word. Mr. Myers took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Are you two sexually active?"

My eyes grew big as soon as those words came out of his mouth.

"No!"

Mr. Myers' eyes once again looked at my stomach.

"Are you sure?" he asked me.

"Positive!"

He both studied our faces, as if trying to predict if we were lying or not.

"Well a student confirmed to me that, Miss Chambers here, is pregnant."

My eyes grew in size once more. "What?! Who said that?"

"The student shall not be named," he said. I pointed to my stomach.

"Do I look pregnant to you?!"

His eyes went down to my stomach for the third time during this "chat".

"Honestly, yes."

I gaped at him. Is he serious?! I literally wanted to slap him til he bleeds.

"Sir," Alex finally spoke. "Marie's not pregnant, honestly."

"Mr. Gaskarth, she looks pregnant to me," Mr. Myers said.

"Are you saying I'm fat?" I said.

"Mr. Myers, Marie's not pregnant! We've only been dating for three weeks now. She can't possibly be pregnant already! We haven't even hit that level yet. Whoever said that we were sexually active is lying. It's complete and utter bullshit," Alex said.

"Language, Mr. Gaskarth. Now the person who told me this, she is one of my finest students. She never tells a lie."

"I wanna know who this student is," I said.

"That information will not be revealed. We're going to call your parents this afternoon and inform them on this information."

"Please don't call my mom," I said.

"Miss Chambers, I have to."

"Sir. Please don't call Marie's parents. Just call mine," Alex said.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Mr. Gaskarth. I'll have to call both your parents."

I sighed putting my head in my hands. Tiny tears sprinkled from my eyes, but I quickly wiped them away, lifting my head from my hands.

"You both my leave now," Mr. Myers said. Alex and I both nodded our heads. I guess we lost the argument. When Alex and I both we out of the office, we both turned to each other.

"This is my worst nightmare," I whispered. "Getting blamed on something that itsn't true."

Alex embraced me in a hug and rubbing my back soothingly. "We both know it's not true. Just don't listen to him."

Tears once again spilled from my eyes. This can't be happening. This isn't true. Alex noticed and pulled away, holding my face in his hands.

"Hey, don't cry. It's going to be fine," he whispered, wiping my tears away with his thumb. He gently kissed me on lips. I didn't really care if we were in school, we kissed. We both pulled away and embraced in a hug once more. Suddenly, the bell rang and students began piling in the hallways, rushing to get to their morning and first class. As they walked passed Alex and I, they shifted their eyes toward my stomach. A group of ninth grade girls, walked passed and started giggling. I swear I heard one of them mutter "slut".

"Alex! Marie!" Someone yelled. I turned around to find Jack, running towards us. "I heard you both got called down to the office, what happened?"

"We can't really tell you right now," Alex said, glancing towards the students in the hallway.

"Is it bad?" Jack asked.

"Sorta."

"Tell me later, okay? I got to get to drama." And with that, Jack stalked off down the hallway with the rest of the students.

"How about we find out who spread the rumor about us, okay? I'll skip study hall and we'll look during your lunch hour, okay?" Alex said. I nodded. He gently kissed me on the forehead and walked off towards where Jack went. I sighed and walked the other way to my first class of the day; English.

----

When I walked into the lunch room, again everyone's eyes were on me. I ignored them and went to the lunch line. I waited til the line moved to receive my lunch; a chicken sandwich with an apple and chocolate milk. Not much but it's something. When I went to pay for my lunch, I could've sworn I heard the lunch lady mutter, "Teenagers nowadays". As I walked down the cafeteria with my tray in hand, people's eyes were on me once again. I walked to my lunch table and found Rian and Samantha sitting down. I quietly sat down.

"Is it true?" Samantha spoke, looking at me.

'Is it true about what?" I asked, biting down at my apple. Samantha leaned close to me.

"That your pregnant?" she whispered. My eyes grew wide and I instantly knew the answer. Everyone things I'm pregnant. That'swhy they were staring at me. They think I'm pregnant. Somehow the rumor spread across the whole school.

"No!" I hissed. "Do you honestly think I'm pregnant?"

"No," Rian said.

"Thank you, Rian."

"Well, I can't help it. Every rumor I hear, I think it's true," Samantha said. Just then, a group of tenth grade girls showed up at our table.

"It doesn't look like she's pregnant," one of them spoke.

"Yes it does! Look at her gigantic stomach! She a least has to be two months pregnant," another one spoke.

I gaped at them. Does everyone think I'm fat?

"Move along! Nothing to see here!" Rian yelled at them. Their eyes tore away from my stomach and looked at Rian's. They rolled their eyes and walked off to the other direction. When they were walking away, one of them shouted, "SLUT!"

The whole cafeteria burst into laughter. I literally wanted to cry. I buried my face in my arms and cried. I heard the laughter die down. I felt Samantha's hand rub my back. And Rian's, running his hands through my hair to calm me down.

"What's wrong?" I heard a voice spoke. It was Alex.

"A girl called her a slut and the whole cafeteria laughed," Samantha said.

"Are you serious?" Alex said. I assume Samantha nodded her head because Alex spoke. "Marie, look at me."

I slowly lifted my head away from my hands and looked at Alex. He wiped my tears away. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'm just having a rough day," I explained, grabbing a napkin and wiping my eyes. "But I still want to look for the person who started the rumor."

"You sure?" Alex asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Can we help you guys?" Rian said. "I want to find out to."

"Yeah, me too," Samantha said. Alex nodded.

"Marie and I will check the eleventh graders and seniors, while you guys check the ninth and tenth graders."

They nodded and headed off to the other side of the cafeteria. Alex and I went to a group of eleventh grade girls.

"Hello ladies," Alex said.

"Hi," a blonde one said.

"I wanna start to ask you guys a question. Do you guys believe Marie is pregnant?"

The group of five girls looked at me.

"No," they all said in unison.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, I mean, aren't you a straight A student? I honestly don't think you'll be stupid enough to throw away your grades for sex," The blonde spoke again.

"Yeah, and this is quiet embarrassing to say but Marie, I honestly look up to you as a student. You don't slack off from your school work," A ginger girl spoke. I honestly felt touched.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"You're welcome," Ginger said. For the next ten minutes, we asked every eleventh grader and senior about the rumor. Two people kept popping up on who told them the rumor. Rian, Samantha, Alex and I both reunited to our lunch table.

"So what do you guys know?" Alex asked.

"We heard it was either Lisa or Jasey."

Alex and I looked at each other. "Same here."

We all stayed silent for a minute. "What now?" I asked.

"We ask them about it. I'll invite them to our band practice tonight," Alex said. "I'll ask them about it."

I felt a knot in my stomach, finding the sudden urge to puke.

"It's gonna be alright. We'll find out who it is soon," Alex whispered and kissed my forehead.

I nodded but I wasn't quiet sure with that answer.