You Need a Jacket

Chapter 1 :3

Kellic – You Need a Jacket

Part 1

Kellin's P.O.V

I could hear the loud blare of my cell phone on my bed side table playing Second & Sebring by Of Mice & Men. As much as I love that song, I really fucking hate it at 6am. I'm also not used to waking up early, but today was different. Today, was my first day at an actual High School...at the age of 17.

I was always home schooled. My mom used to be a teacher, but quit because we moved from Michigan to San Diego when I was 12.

But now, now she’s actually sending me to a real school because my house isn't exactly a nice place be during the day.

Ever since my dad lost his job, he's been drinking non stop, which makes me aggressive towards me and my mom, but mostly towards her.

Anyway, I eventually turn off my alarm and crawl out of bed, a huge gust of cold air covers my body, making me regret getting out of bed.

I throw on my Blessthefall shirt, tight skinny jeans, TOMS and a hoodie. After straightening and styling my hair, I re-bandaged my arm. I didn't need more people to know I was messed up.

There were faint footsteps approaching the outside of my door, hoping to god it was my mom.

To my dismay, it wasn't.

'The fuck are you doing up so early, faggot?' My so-called father slurred. Evidently had been drinking since the early hours again. I also love how he hasn't used my real name since I told him and mum mom I was gay.

'I start school today.' I mumbled, trying to walk past him.

As I walked out of my room, he grabbed my forearm, sending a shock of pain through me, and pinned me to the wall. Great.

'Listen here, you little fucker, don't you EVER speak to me like that again got it!' He screamed, inches away from my face.

'Ye-Yes sir.' I stuttered.

As soon as he let me go, I darted down the stairs and ran into the kitchen, almost crashing into my mom.

She must have heard as she had a concerned look on her face, 'Did he hurt you?'

I shook my head, even though he did, I wouldn't show her. She thought I stopped months ago, the last thing I want to see is the disappointed look on her face again. It’s crushing.

'I gotta go, don't wanna be late.' I smiled to her, 'Love you Mom, be careful.' I hugged her, grabbed my backpack and started walking to school.

----------

Walking through the huge front doors made it all real, I was actually at school. I was a normal teenager. I smiled a little to myself.

After being given my class timetable, some random teaching assistant escorted me to my first class, which was Music.

As we approached the classroom, I started to panic.

What if no-one liked me? What if they noticed my arm? What if they think I'm a freak?!

By this point, I was struggling to breathe a little.

The teaching assistant opened the door and walked in, leaving me panicking in the hall.

Noticing that I didn't follow her, she stuck her head around the door frame. 'Come a long Kellin.'

Taking a deep breath, I walked into the classroom.

Everyone turned to look at me, and my anxiety levels started to escalate.

A young, blonde woman smiled at me from her deck. 'You must be Kellin, I'm Ms McDougall.' She said in a thick Australian accent. 'Why don't you sit next to Vic.' She said, I just looked at her with a confused look on my face. 'Vic, raise your hand.'

I scanned the room for a hand.

When I saw it, I made my way over to him.

As I sat down, I saw to boy who the hand belonged to.

Holy shit, he was stunning. He smiled at me, and held out his hand.

'Hey, I'm Vic.' He smiled.

Smiling back, I shook his hand. 'Kellin.'

----------

Me and Vic talked all the way through class.

I found out that he listens to most of the same bands as me; Blessthefall, Of Mice & Men, A Day to Remember. He told me about all him, his brother Mike and his friends Tony and Jaime.

'Sorry, I'm rambling aren't I? Tell me about yourself Kellin.' He said smiling.

'There's not much to tell. I'm an only child, moved here from Michigan 5 years ago and used to be home schooled.' I sighed. I sound to boring.

Before Vic could reply, the bell rang, signalling the end of class.

'Hey, what's your next class.' He asked.

I pulled out my timetable and scanned it. 'Math, room B6.'

'I'll take you there, my math class is next to yours.' He said smiling again. 'Sit with me at lunch?'

I smiled back at him, 'I'd love to.'
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been awhile since I've written....anything. Other than college work I haven't written any stories/fanfic, and I hope this doesn't suck.
Oh! And trust me, it is going somewhere ;)