‹ Prequel: Rooftop Musings
Sequel: Set Sail
Status: finished | 5th sept, 2015

Where the Wind Takes Us

you stocking up on your porn collection?

Sometimes, it absolutely sucks being underage, and this time, it’s one of them. Georgia thought it would be a good idea to go to Sexyland, an adult store filled with sex toys and other things of the like. Normally, I don’t particularly want to hear the sexual positions that Colton enjoys from G, but sex is a topic that we discuss frequently and I thought it would be an interesting (to say the least) bonding experience. But because I haven’t turned eighteen yet, I can’t go inside the damn place, leaving me waiting inside the car while Georgia buys some sex toys or something of the variety for Colton’s birthday.

Earlier in the week, Georgia asked for my artistic skills for part of Colton’s present, and after we bought the materials for it (cardboard and some colourful markers), Georgia explained to me what she wanted me to make: ‘coupons’ that allow Colton to receive or perform sexual favours with Georgia. If I wasn’t scarred already, I definitely was now with the types of acts I had to write onto the cardboard for her.

Perhaps it’s a good idea that I stay in the car, after all. The idea of my best friend running around and possibly trying out some of the toys is something I don’t want to imagine.

Sitting in the passenger seat of Georgia’s car with my feet propped up onto the dashboard, I spot a familiar figure casually strolling out of Sexyland, checking his phone as he walks over to his car.

Wanting to say something, I roll the window down and yell out, ‘Oi, Carey!”

Startled, Josh jumps about ten feet in the air (Ha! Now he knows I feel!) and spins around twice, trying to find the voice. Rolling my eyes at his stupidity, I whistle to get his attention, which works effectively in my favour.

“Ah Fader,” Josh acknowledges me with a nod, walking over to me. I figure the polite thing to do is get out of the car and I do so, leaning against the car door. “And you say you’re not stalking me.”

A smile tugs at the corner of my lips. “You wish. I’m here for G,” I say, nodding my head towards the direction of the adult store. “You stocking up on your porn collection?”

“You wish,” Josh mocks with a grin. “Speaking of porn, I am buying some quality shit for Colton’s birthday.”

“He invited you?” I ask, surprised. Since when are Josh and Colton friends?

“We used to play footy together when we were younger,” Josh explains. “Colton invited most of the old footy team – we used to be close.”

“How come you guys don’t talk at school, then?” I frown.

“How do you know we don’t talk?” Josh raises an eyebrow. “Considering how much your friend Mick likes me, I think it’s better if Colton and I exchange words away from the public eye.”

I snort. “So you have to keep your relationship – oh sorry, I mean your friendship secret, then?”

“Something like that,” Josh chuckles. “I suppose the secret will be out tomorrow night though.”

“That’s true,” I muse, and a silence falls over us, both of us unsure on how to continue the conversation. Fortunately, Georgia exits the store and makes her way over, a mischievous grin taking over her features as she glances back and forth between the two of us.

“Well well,” Georgia drawls, “What do we have here?”

“Hello to you too, Georgia.” Josh bows at her arrival. “How are you?”

“Good thanks,” Georgia replies. “Do you plan on gracing us with your presence tomorrow night?”

Josh nods and swings the bag he’s holding in his hand. “Just bought Colton’s gift. Though I’m afraid it won’t be half as good as what you’ve got in store for him.”

Georgia and I burst out laughing. Carey doesn’t know the half of it.

“You got that right, Carey,” Georgia smiles and leans forward to give him a hug. Why was I ever not informed that Georgia and Josh were friends? That exchanged hugs, no less? “See your sexy ass tomorrow.”

“You’ve talked about my ass with Georgia, haven’t you Fader?” Josh says accusingly and I roll my eyes in response, leaning forward to give him a quick hug.

“Bye, Josh.” He just smiles, nodding in goodbye as he heads back to his car. Georgia and I watch him enter his car and finally, pull out of the parking lot. As soon as he leaves, I smack Georgia on the arm.

“What was that for?” She complains, rubbing her arm.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you were friends with Josh?” I accuse. “Pretty sure this classifies as best friend privileged information here.”

“Didn’t realise you cared so much,” Georgia says slyly. “Are you jealous?”

I narrow my eyes. “I’m not even going to dignify that with a response, Carter.”

“Oooh, using my last name are we? I’m quaking in my fabulous sandals, Fader.”

I give her a long look. “Quaking?”

“Don’t make me hit you, Fader.”

“Ooooh, I’m quaking in my Doc Martens, Carter.”



“Ow!”
♠ ♠ ♠
jsyk this was supposed to be a short chapter (it was all I had written in my outline so)

Sorry for not updating in years and I can't really guarantee that I'll update this regularly but I sure as hell will try! Remembering that this story existed and then actually sitting down to write it reminded me that I actually really enjoy writing this story and I should really devote more time to it.

Hope you guys enjoyed :)