Clarity

Just Pass the Bottle

“So, where exactly are we going?” I asked Michael as we walked down the less busy streets of New York.

Caity and Carl were next to us, and the other members of the team were walking in front of us. Most of the guys who were taken were with their girlfriends/fiancés/wives, and the others were alone.

“You’ll see,” Michael winked, taking my hand and interlocking our fingers.

Feeling my face burn with shyness, I looked down at mine and Caity’s shoes as followed the guys. The walk took around fifteen minutes, and we ended up at a bar. Caity groaned next to me, leaning her head back.

“You’re taking us to a bar?”

The guys exchanged looks. “It’s like 11 at night, absolutely nothing’s gonna happen to you guys,” Carl said charmingly.

Caity and I laughed. “So you’re gonna be our knights in shining armor?” Caity laughed.

“Well, duh. It’s what we do,” Michael said, leading me into the bar, his grip on my hand tightening.

The other team members were already walking around, with or without a girl. Boyle had gone off to the bar with Derek Dorsett, and the players without girlfriends were roaming around, already on the dance floor.

“Do you guys do this after every game?” Caity asked, pulling Carl towards Michael and I.

Carl shrugged. “Depends on if we have a game the next day. Boyle gets pretty hammered, so if we have a game the next day, he’d be fucked up.”

Michael nodded. “Ok, we’re going to get drinks. Don’t do anything stupid, you two!” he instructed Carl and Caity, who just laughed and nodded in response.

He tightened his already tight grip on my hand and pulled me towards the bar, where we sat down.

“So, what do you want? It’s on me,” he grinned.

I bit my lip, sighing. “Nope, don’t pay for me. I can handle myself, I’m a big girl.”

Michael shook his head, laughing. “So? I’m paying and there’s nothing you can do.”

The bartender made his way over to us, where Michael ordered two beers. I looked out on the dance floor, where Caity was busy sucking Carl’s face off. Boyle and Dorsett were a few seats down, downing their beers.

“So, how much do you wanna bet that Caity and Carl are banging tonight?” Michael asked suddenly.

I looked over at him and smiled. “They’ve done it already, so like five bucks.”

The bartender came back with our beers and handed them to Michael, who slid one to me. I sighed and popped off the cap, taking a long sip. I put it back down on the bar and looked at Michael who had a sly look on his face.

“What?” I questioned.

He shook his head. “Nothing.”

I shrugged, looking back at the scattered Rangers taking over the bar. They were walking around the bar, dancing, trying to find girls, and if their names were Caity and Carl, they were making out.

“They’re definitely having sex tonight,” Michael laughed, slamming the glass bottle on the counter. It was probably empty.

He smiled at me. “You need another beer?” he asked, motioning for the bartender to come back over here.

I shook my head. “No, I’m almost halfway done.”

He nodded, opening his second beer. Carl stumbled over to us, Caity on his arm. He ordered a beer for himself and a strawberry daiquiri for Caity.

Keeping it classy, Cate.

Caity sat down next to me, Hags next to Michael. “I think Carl likes me.”

I laughed silently, leaning towards her. “I know, it’s obvious.”

She slapped my arm gently. “And like it’s not obvious that you and DZ here are meant to be?!”

I shrugged. The bartender came back and handed Hags his beer and Caity her daiquiri. I continued drinking my own beer while Carl and Michael talked about the game, Caity and I injecting our own thoughts every once in a while. Caity mostly complained about the classless Devils fan and how they were up her ass the whole game.

Once Carl finished his beer, he dragged Caity back on the dance floor with a second, and one for Caity.

Michael turned his attention back to me and smiled. “So, did you and Caity get hoarded by Devils fans?”

I laughed and took the second beer DZ ordered me. “A little. Caity just screamed at them when they booed you guys.”

“Protecting our pride, I see,” he winked.

“I guess. I don’t really get into arguments unless the person’s a complete and total dumbass,” I told him.

Michael nodded. We sat there talking about the game for another hour, until everyone started leaving. Caity and Carl had left drunkenly for our apartment at around 11:47, and since DZ and I didn’t want to walk in on their night, we decided to go back to Michael’s place, which, ironically, he shared with Carl.

We walked back to the parking at MSG, where we got Michael’s car. I drove since I wasn’t that drunk. I had only had the two beers he ordered me, while DZ had about four, so he was getting there on the drunk scale.

It took us twenty minutes to get to his apartment, since he knew a backway to avoid traffic. He directed me to his parking space and then we went up to his apartment. We sat down on the couch and he turned on the TV, the volume low.

“So, how did you like the game?” he asked, his body suddenly closer to mine that I thought it was.

I smiled. “It was good. You played great,” I smiled.

His eyes brightened. “Really?”

I nodded. “Yeah. Well, I thought you did. Caity was too busy oogling over Carl and screaming at obnoxious Devils’ fans to notice anyone else who was playing,” I told him.

He laughed. “Well, obviously. They’re probably getting it in right now.”

“Yeah, they definitely are.” I agreed.

He moved a little closer, draping his arm across the back of his couch, his fingertips lightly touching my shoulder. “Do you want something to change into to sleep?” he asked suddenly, standing up abruptly.

I frowned at my feet, but nodded. “Uh, yeah.”

“Ok, I’ll be right back,” he said, and bolted off down the hallway.

I sighed, clasping my hands together over my legs. Was Caity right? Did Michael actually like me?

Stupid hockey players feelings.

Michael came back a few minutes later with a pair of sweatpants and a white T-shirt. “I don’t know if you want to wear the Rangers shirt you’re wearing now to bed or not, so I got you a T-shirt.”

I shrugged. “I’ll take the white T-shirt.”

He nodded. “Ok, and I’m gonna sleep in Carl’s room tonight, so you can have my bed.” It’s the room to the right of the bathroom, if you’re facing the door from outside of the bathroom,” he told me.

“Ok, I’m gonna go change,” I said, making my way past him into the bathroom.

I shut the door behind me and stripped off the Del Zotto shirt he had gotten me. I decided to keep on bra and pulled the white T-shirt over my head. I pulled off my jeans and stepped into the oversized grey sweatpants he gave me. I picked up the clothes I had worn to the game and walked into Michael’s bedroom.

The room was pretty spacious for an apartment, and there was a nice chair by the door that I decided to put the clothes on. Running a hand through my hair, I jumped a bit when the door opened.

Michael stood in the doorway, his shirt gone and sweatpants hanging loosely on his hips. “Um, it’s getting pretty late, so I was going to go to sleep, if that’s ok?”

I nodded, looking back at his bed. “Yeah, that’s fine. I’m pretty tired, too-” I began, but cut myself off once I realized how close Michael had gotten.

“So, I’ll see you in the morning,” he said, looking down at me.

I nodded quickly. “Yeah, so, I’ll uh-” once again cut off.

By his lips.

And boy, can that hockey player kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
so yay i kissed michael del zotto
comment pleaseeee