Status: Up and running.

Two Little Ensigns

Romulan

After a tense four hour Klingon proof-read, Maylay saved the letter, which had few corrections, took an hour replying to messages on her device, and clicked off her PADD. Already in sleepwear, Maylay crawled into her bed. With the covers tucked under her chin, the young woman closed her eyes.

It felt as if seconds passed by. Maylay turned her eyes to the small clock. Two hours. Two hours of sleep. A soft sigh of annoyance escaped her. But the red alert was enough to roll her out of bed. She woke up considerably more at the red lights. Her uniform was thrown on, PADD in hand, and she ran out the door pulling that chocolate hair into a rushed bun.

The grey walls began to blur around her as Maylay got to the turbo lift. She caught t just in time to be with Lieutenant Commander Data, Ensign Crusher, and Commander Riker.

"May," Started Wesley.

"I'm looking at it now." Was her assurance. The other men looked to her as brown eyes scanned the screen. "We have incoming from a Romulan ship. Enterprise flew straight towards it, the ship was cloaked." The Starship shook, sending her straight into Riker. He grabbed May quickly, setting her back up straight. "Thank you. The beams seem to be new. They're penetrating but do no damage besides knocking the ship back. A reverse tractor beam."

The turbo lift halted and opened the doors to the bridge. The secondary crew had ben officially sent to the back stations. Riker looked to Picard.

"Reverse tractor beam from a Romulan ship." Riker was surprised. Picard looked over to May briefly before giving orders.

"Mr. Worf, open hailing frequencies."

The tell-tale sound of the channel opening rang out. It was accepted. The screen activated and displayed a Romulan Lady with harsh features.

"Captain Picard. How expected."
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short simply because I was watching Iron Man Two and it took me until 11:09 to post this.

Tell me how good, bad, or ugly this is? It would make my day swell.

Thank you kindly.