Status: Writing

You Know That I'm Right.

Blake - First day of your life

I walked out from my house just as I saw Serena's car coming down the street. I laughed silently to myself as I heard the music blasting from the car as she stopped in front of me.
"You look cute today, trying to impress someone special are we?" Serena joked as I sat down. I smirked and lightly hit her arm then she drove away. It was only a 5 minute drive from my house, however I had agreed to go with Serena today despite her inconvenience of going out of her way to get me, all her idea. Lake Forest and Lake Bluff in Illinois wasn't a big place and I could do fine without a car since I could borrow moms if it was necessary but otherwise I used my bike. It only took 18 minutes to get to Serena from me on bike.
"Not really I just bought it and wanted to wear it" I said quietly as I looked down to my new top that actually was more dressed up than my usual style. Serena turned up the volume even more and we drove to school.
"So you looking forward for senior year?"
"I want high school to be over now."
"Ahw honey don't say that."
"Don't call me honey" I tried to say madly but a laugh slipped out anyway. I glanced over to my best friend. I don't understand how she could look so good in everything. Today she was wearing a simple white dress with a black peter pan collar and her long blonde hair hung in lose curls down her back and shoulders. Me myself would never be anywhere close Serena, I was just like a vanilla ice cream, plain and nothing special. Sure maybe sometimes there could lie a few cookie chunks in but it was rare.

Serena parked her Range Rover she recently had gotten from her parents. It was quite ridiculous how she was only 18 as of this month and owned a car this expensive. Serena was spoiled but she never acted like she was better than anyone else, she was always humble, nice and just a good person. She was ten times better than me, I was selfish at many times, quite anti social and not at all as nice as her, but I always tried to stay positive. Many pointed out to me but it was such a small thing comparing to Serena. She looked amazing without trying while I had just spent half an hour trying to make any sense of my hair but then giving up letting it hang lose. I took long runs every evening around my neighborhood and go to every soccer practice to stay in shape. I fought with my oily skin and acne all the time, often succeeding on keeping it in check but I put so much time on it.

We walked in to the school and everybody's eyes were on Serena, maybe some looked quickly at me but everybody loved Serena. I sighed silently to myself and decided to drop the negativity, it was nice to not have everyone staring at me. We quickly said goodbye and went to our lockers and first class of the school year. It was late August and it resulted in many still wearing their jeans shorts and trying to drag out as much time in tank tops as they could. Me myself was wearing my new top and a pair of black jeans that hugged my legs perfectly. I wasn't close to overweight but if I would let myself go and stop caring about working out and eating right everything would go to my tights and stomach, and I have to say that is it one of my fears as shallow as it sounds. I put some necessary things in my locker, extra pencils, erasers, two notebooks then closed the locker and went to my first class of senior year, creative writing.

It was obvious most people in this class had just picked it to get a quick and unnoticed nap not caring for their grade. It made me craving college even more, these people wouldn't be around me then. I sat myself in the middle row with one row between me and the windows. I wasn't one of the first ones in the room, only five seats were empty and I knew that this class would be full seated so I waited for the class to begin.
A few minutes passed before the final ring from the bell signaled it was time for class to start. Every seat was taken apart from the one to my left, but then again that student was standing with the teacher just about to tell us about himself.
"Uh, my name is Alec and I moved here this summer" His voice was trembling a bit, he was nervous, but who wouldn't in his position?
"Go on, tell us some fun facts about yourself Mr. Jensen" Our teacher Mr. Duncan said and I felt for the poor boy. His hands were wrapped around each other and his eyes flicked around in the room.
"Well my last name is Jensen" the class laughed lightly and it seamed to calm him down and a small smile appeared on his sun kissed face. His nose crinkled up and I could see he had a nose ring. I heard the girls behind me whispering something about him but I couldn't and didn't want to hear what they were gossiping about him.
"I really like music, video games and sports, just like everybody else sorta" he said and stuffed his not anymore trembling hands in his pockets after stroking away some dark brown wavy hair from his forehead.
"Well thank you for enlightening us about you Mr. Jensen" Mr. Duncan said and then pointed to the desk beside me. "You can take the seat beside Miss. Ashworth"
He nodded and walked over to the desk and sat down crossing his feet under the desk and looking up towards Mr. Duncan. I stopped glancing over at him as the lesson started up like planned.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had this story written for months now. It's not finished but I think it's time for it to be published here.
Every chapter will have a perspective from one of the characters, the perspective will be written in the title and I hope you whoever is reading this will understand so you won't be confused, that would be frustrating.
Thank you for reading!

*I edited the slightest since first posting, just adding the town name since I searched google maps and found that the Chicago area would be good for this story!*