Sequel: Celestial Cataclysm
Status: No matter what happens, keep fighting.

Wretched Apocalypse

Chapter Nine - Romance (Jinxx)

“Seriously Andy this is the fourth fucking time!” Chris yelled.

I chuckled as I looked back at the book I was reading. It was getting on midnight and none of us were asleep yet. I guess we just want to be aware and cautious. I sighed as I closed my book and then saw Devin walk over to me and sit down.

“What are you reading?” he asked with a smile.

He had such a lovely smile. Wait, shut up Jinxx, he’s a guy for Christ’s sakes.

“Just a horror novel” I replied, handing it to him.

Devin looked at it and grinned.

“I love this one” he whispered.

I smiled as Devin handed the book back to me and looked at me.

“So Jinxx, you’re pretty quiet, are you the quiet one in the group?” he asked.

“Pretty much” I mused.

“That makes two of us, so am I” Devin chuckled.

“It’s ironic how much we have in common” I answered.

Devin scoffed as he played with a button on my jacket and glanced at me from time to time.

“I like you Jinxx” he spoke.

“I like you too Devin” I replied, looking back to the boys.

“No Jinxx, I really really like you” Devin whispered in my ear.

I turned back to Devin as his face was just inches away from mine.

“I...um” I stammered.

A blush started forming on my face as Devin lent closer.

“Can I kiss you?” he asked.

I looked over at the guys who were too fixated on the game.

“S-sure” I mumbled.

Oh god my heart is going a mile a minute. Devin smirked as he lent forward and his lips pressed softly against mine. Sparks exploded in my chest at the sensation, I’ve never felt this before, not with a guy anyways. I parted my lips a little and let Devin have entrance. His tongue slipped in and we fought for dominance but Devin let me take charge. I smirked into the kiss as I pulled Devin closer. Suddenly, there was banging on the door and Devin and I pulled away quickly.

“What the fuck was that?” Andy questioned.

“I don’t know, just...stay here guys” Ashley mused.

There was more banging as Ashley crept up to the door. He grabbed a baseball bat that was sitting by the door. I watched on as Devin’s hand started trembling so I held it tight. Ashley unlocked the door and held the bat up as the door burst open.

“Don’t kill us we’re clean!” someone yelled.

“Brandon?” Chris spoke.

I looked at the door as two men stepped inside. One had hair to one side and the other side shaved, with black eye makeup on. The other had long shoulder length hair and a little facial hair. The first one must be Brandon.

“Chris!” Brandon yelled.

“Oh my god!” Chris exclaimed.

He got to his feet as he ran to Brandon and they embraced in a hug. Chris sobbing hysterically.

“Come in” Ashley said to Ryan.

Ryan stepped inside and Ashley closed and locked the door again.

“How did you two get in?” Ricky asked as he hugged Ryan.

“The top gate wasn’t locked very well, we locked it better for you” Ryan replied.

“Wait!” Devin yelled, as he looked at Brandon and Ryan. “Where’s Josh?” he asked.

Brandon looked over at Devin as he shook his head. I gasped as I held Devin close.

“No, no, no, no, no” Ricky mumbled.

“I’m sorry Ricky” Brandon whispered.

Ricky dropped to his knees as he sobbed, Ben running up to him and comforting him. I looked at Devin in hope of an answer.

“Josh was Ricky’s best friend” Devin whispered, tears falling down his face.

“Please, Brandon, Ryan, make yourselves comfortable” Andy spoke as he stood up.

Brandon nodded as he and Chris walked back over to the others and I turned back around, Devin in tow. We now have fourteen people in this group now, I don’t know how many more we can take, but the more we have, the better.

“I’m sorry for your loss” CC said to Ricky, Brandon, Devin, Chris and Ryan.

“He...he died saving Brandon and I, he said he’s lived his life. I wanted to save him but they just swarmed him, it was horrible” Ryan explained.

“How did you two get here?” Chris asked.

“We found my Jeep, it’s still got fuel can in it, we also found food in it, and enough water to last a few days” Brandon replied.

Chris nodded as he looked over at Devin and I.

“Can we have a moment?” Chris asked, looking at Andy, myself and the rest of the boys.

I nodded as Devin kissed me softly and Andy raised an eyebrow. We moved to the other end of the room as Brandon, Devin, Ricky, Ryan and Chris sat huddled together, their sobs heard slightly. Jake stood beside me as I felt tears sting my eyes.

“Are you alright Jinxx?” he asked.

“I’m ok, I just feel their pain” I whispered, leaning against the wall.

“What’s the go with you and Devin?” Ashley asked.

I blushed as I looked over at Ashley who had his arms around Andy.

“We like each other” I mumbled.

“Aw, how sweet is that” CC cooed.

“Shh” I hissed.

CC smirked as he rested his head on Jake’s shoulder. But it was no time to be all loving, we had to keep moving on, see if we can overcome this apocalypse at all.

“Where are we heading tomorrow?” Andy questioned.

I thought for a moment, where’s the best place to go next?

“Oakland” I issued.

“Sounds good enough to me” CC mused.

I smirked and looked back at Devin at the other side of the room. He’s so breathtaking, I’d hate for anything to happen to him. But what about my best friends too?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's short. All these ones have been pretty short, enjoy!