Status: Active

New Perspective

Chapter 1

“Eden come on, we’re gonna be late!” I heard Sarah holler from downstairs. How did she get changed so fast? We just got up!

I started running around my old room with walls still covered in pictures and old posters. I was going to grab them but I found out that we had to leave earlier than I expected. I guess I’m going to need to get my dad to send all of the stuff to Malibu. I looked around for more missing items that I’m definitely going to need and then started running downstairs.

Looking down at how I was dressed my eyes widened as I notices I was wearing my nightgown and I ran back up to change into the clothes that I picked out for the drive yesterday. You never know where you might meet a cute stranger. Might be at a gas station so looking good is not an option. After changing and grabbing my bag I ran downstairs to see Sarah pacing back and forth tapping on her watch.

“Finally!” Sarah yelled and my eyes widened remembering something extremely important started running back to my room. “No, no, no! Get your ass back here!” she screamed probably stomping her feet.

“I forgot my phone charger.” I yelled back as I entered my room and went to one of the outlets near my desk. I pulled it out, folded it and put it in my bag, and then I started running back downstairs.

“I swear, if you don't get your ass in the driver’s seat of that car, you will pay.” Sarah growled with a stern look.

“I’m coming, I’m coming.” I retorted and ran past her to the car.

“Stupid Martian.” I heard her mumble under her breath.

“What’d you just say?” I asked with my eyebrows raised as I whipped my head around to turn to her.

“Oh, so now you decide to listen?!” she exclaimed throwing her hands up and climbing into the passenger seat as I sat down in the driver’s and put they key in ignition.

“Did you really call me a Martian?” I asked looking at her and she just pretended not to know what I was talking about and started rummaging through her backpack probably looking for her headphones.

“So did you pack everything?” she asked and I nodded. “Did you steal my headphones?”

“Nope.” I replied.

“Did the Martian?”

“The Martian might’ve grabbed them.”

“In the bag?” she asked and I just nodded as she rolled her eyes. “Did you remember to go to the bathroom?” she asked and I turned to her with an innocent smile. “Just go.” She said letting out with an annoying sigh as I opened the door and raced back inside to the bathroom. After I did my business, I washed my hands, checked my makeup, and brushed my hair that was currently down.

I turned to the right then to the left to make sure my hair was okay. I frowned as I saw some frizzy parts. I sighed and decided to braid my mid-back length light brown hair. When I was tying the end with a hair tie, I heard banging on the door.

“It’s been half an hour!” Sarah yelled from the other side of the door. I just sighed and opened the door. “You braided your hair.” She stated with a blank look. Then she just turned around and went back to the car without saying another word.

“Sarah, I’m sorry! I got distracted!” I yelled back as I ran after her and sat back into the driver’s seat and actually started the car and started backing out of the driveway.

“You need to stop getting distracted, otherwise I will be forced to strangle you.” she said slowly and then started taking deep breaths as I got onto the highway.

“I’m sorry.” I said glancing at her.

“It’s alright, I’m just gonna watch The Nightmare Before Christmas and you know how it always calms me down. So just be quiet.” She said and I nodded.

We both left the house, got in the car and backed out of the driveway. The next five minutes were quiet as Sarah started her movie and I was focused on the road.

“OH MY GOD!” she exclaimed and I stepped on the brake pedal stopping in the middle of the left freaking lane! The cars started honking and some of the angry drivers came out of their cars and started cursing their asses off.

“Oh shut up! I have a horn too!” I said beeping it about ten times at people behind me who proceeded to flip me off. “Oh yeah? I can do that too!” I screamed showing them the unpleasant finger.

“I can’t believe I forgot. I can’t believe you forgot!” Sarah kept screaming in her seat and I could see her sanity quickly slipping away from her.

“What was so damn important that you made me stop in the middle of the fucking traffic?!” I finally snapped at her.

“We forgot to say goodbye to the house!” she yelled and I looked at her in horror.

“What?! How could you forget?!” I yelled staring the car again and driving backwards all the way to the house. Yeah that caused a lot more people to start flipping me off and this time Sarah was helping me return the friendly gestures. After about five minutes we were on our street right in front of the house.

“Goodbye house!” Sare and I said blowing kisses to all of our previous memories.

“Okay now floor it cuz I wanna get to our new house soon!” she screamed at me.

“How could you say that when we’re still in the hearing range of our old house!”

“I’m sorry house! Now floor it!” I just glared at her and pressed the gas pedal sending her back in her seat. “Okay not that fast!” she yelled but I didn't care, she asked for it.

It took us all day to get to our new house. So we got there around one am and I have to be at work by eleven. I don't know about some people’s sleeping habits but this isn’t enough for me!

“Eden? Why are you strangling the poor steering wheel?” Sarah asked slowly like she was a confused child.

“Because we have to get up relatively early tomorrow.” I groaned and she screamed from the top of her lungs. “What the fuck was that?!” I yelled.

“Oh I thought we were being dramatic…” she answered.

“No.”

“Oh okay. Well warn me next time okay?” she asked and I rolled my eyes. “So now what?” she asked as soon as I turned the engine off.

“Now get out of the car and go to bed!” I laughed as I started running to the front door with Sarah closely on my toes.

“What the fuck?! I don't wanna run! I’m a smoker dammit! I don't have that lung capacity!” she screamed flailing her arms around. Thank fucking god we don't have any neighbors nearby cuz I’m pretty sure we’d get sued for nuisance.

“You’re not a smoker!” I screamed back. Eh, who cares if we get sued.

“Feels like I am!” she hollered and I just laughed and stepped inside remembering to hit a light switch. “Holy titty fuck.”

“What?” I asked looking around the spacious living room with a huge stairca- oh now I know what she’s babbling about. “Yeah….it’s pretty fucking awesome.”

“I know! But I have a feeling we forgot something.” She said and I just rolled my eyes at her tactics. She always forgets one little thing that can be replaced and then acts like the world is over. Not cool.

“Don't worry about it, just ask Su- OH SHIT!” I screamed and started pacing through the first floor.

“Wha-OH! YOU’RE DEAD!” she yelled pointing her finger at me and I just let out an earth shattering scream.

“SHE’S GONNA KILL US! HOW COULD YOU FORGET TO DRIVE US TO HER HOUSE?!?!?!?!?!?” I kept yelling.

“WHAT?! ME!? YOU WERE THE ONE DRIVING!”

“NO I WASN'T I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE KEYS ARE!”

“THEY’RE IN YOUR BACK POCKET!” she yelled throwing the nearest thing aiming at my ass, which was..

“SEE! ONLY A DRIVER WOULD KNOW WHERE THE KEYS ARE! AND CANDY? REALLY?”

“EVERYTHING ELSE LOOKS TOO NICE TO THROW!”

“We should just call her and tell her what’s going on.” I said and she looked at me with a semi-rational expression.

“Your mistake – you fix it.” she said throwing me her phone and I just looked at her with a puzzled expression then I threw it back.

“I have my own phone.” I said taking it out and Sarah just shrugged her shoulders and went outside to I guess start bringing her bags in.

I dialed Suki’s phone and waited for her to pick up. The first time she clicked the fuck you button. I tried again and waited in agitation.

You evil cunt.

“I love you.”

You stupid bitch.

“I’m sorry!” I shouted in the receiver and there was silence on the other line.

It’s alright I need to take care of some things and couldn’t come right away I was afraid to tell you guys but it’s all good now.

“Oh okay well let us know when you’re coming down then.”

What’s the point, now like you two are gonna remember.” She snapped.

“But we love you.”

Alright, alright well I gotta go now and I’m not gonna tell you when I’m coming cuz I’m a ninja. Whatcha!” and the line went dead. Yep. That’s Suki.

“WHAT DID SHE SAY?” I jumped hearing that not knowing where it came from. I looked around and started walking towards the room where I thought it came from. Turns out it was the kitchen. That’s where I found Sarah staring into the fridge. I walked and stood behind her looking at the emptiness, which at the moment reflected the feeling in my stomach.

“She said she’ll come by later, she has stuff to do anyway.” I said making Sarah jump and then smack me. “Watch it! You almost gave me breast cancer!”

“That’s what you get for scaring me.”

“Why are you so damn abusive today?”

“I think it’s the change. Change makes me anxious.” She shrugged her shoulders like it was no big deal. Which it was. Cuz she’s not a physically weak individual! “Change and hunger.” She said looking in the empty refrigerator.

“Fuck that shit, I’m tired.” I mumbled taking my bag and going upstairs in search for my room.

It took me about ten minutes to find it but after I laid down in the bed it was worth it. That is until Sarah plopped down next to me and started talking my ears off about how freaking excited she was about the move.

“Can we just have a movie night?” she begged after three hours of lying on my bed facing my face, which was borderline disturbing.

“No.”

“You’re a bitch when you’re tired.” She grumbled and I just narrowed my eyes at her, reached my arms out to her and pushed her body off of my bed. It was really satisfying to hear a thump from her body hitting the floor.

“I don’t see why you’re going to bed. You need to get up in three hours anyway we might as well stay up.” She kept talking and talking and she even turned the TV on. Who does that? Wait. What.

“What do you mean three hours?” I asked crawling over her to find my phone and checking the time. “Five thirty in the morning?!” then I looked at her and pointed my finger at her face “You! It’s your fault you owl!”

“Why thank you, I do like owls.” She smiled making me groan and eventually I pushed her off the bed.

“Missy you are so lucky that the floor is this damn comfortable!” she screamed pulling the blanket that I was laying on off the bed making me fall down next to her. “That’s what you get you cranky bitch.”

“Get out of my face!” I said smacking her which deserved me a slap in the face.

“So this means we can go get food.” She smiled jumping off the floor and running out leaving me with a puzzled expression. How the fuck can all that mean that we can get food. Then I remembered that on the way here she had about four energy drinks.

“Come on lets go!” she said from the doorway shaking the car keys. How the hell did she get there this fast. I just shook my head and ran out of the room after her.

By this time it was light out and I got in the passenger seat of the car and let Devon drive cuz I was too damn tired. In about five minutes we got to a local grocery store. We got out of the car and I hopped into a shopping cart.

“Onward!” I yelled raising my hand and Devon just laughed as she started pushing me.

“So what do we need to get?” she asked and I just shrugged my shoulders.

“Can we get a lot of things?” I asked and she nodded. “Then lets do this shit!”
Lets just say that this trip to the store will last us a couple of months…
♠ ♠ ♠
New Panic! story!

Pretty exited to start posting again so let me know what you think, your opinion matters the world to me!!