Status: Active

New Perspective

Chapter 2

So because Eden is such a slowpoke and a lazy bum because not once did she get out of a shopping cart to help me out. So on that trip not only did I have to lug her around, but another cart fool of food as well. So because of Eden being lazy it took us about two hours to get what we needed. Oh and she also expected me to carry her to the car. So I knocked the cart over making her fall out.

“My knee still hurts.” Eden whined and I just smiled. “Because of you I cant wear shorts or anything.”

“That’s what you get for being lazy.” I said, yet again, because Miss I-Hurt-My-Knee has been bitching about a little scratch, a bruise, and a slight swelling for the past half an hour that we’ve been getting ready to go to the studio. Lazy, whining bitch.

“No one gave you the right to push the cart down and hurt me.”

“That justifies nothing.” I said shaking my hand around and she just narrowed her eyes at me and pretended to limp away.

“Now I’m limping.” She whined and I just rolled my eyes.

“Why are you such a drama queen? That limp is total bullshit.”

“It is so not bullshit! Did you see my knee it’s all swollen up what if some liquid is building inside and what if it’s going to make my knee explode?” she nearly screamed and I just blinked still not believing her act.

“The only liquid that is building up anywhere in your body is bullshit. Spell it out with me B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.”

“I know how to spell bullshit you dumbass. Spell that out with me D-U-M-B-A-S-S. Hurtful isn’t it?” she said and I just turned away from her. It’s her fault.

“Are you ready yet?”

“Yes, I’ve been waiting for you for the past five minutes now.” She said and I rolled my eyes walking out the door and downstairs yelling at her that I will be waiting in the car.

I checked my bag to make sure I had my iPhone and my headphones in there because Eden really pissed me off today with that cart thing, so the only thing that I can think off that would calm me down is watching The Nightmare Before Christmas. That movie is the greatest thing of all time. It’s greater than bacon and Johnny Depp, that’s how great it is.

As soon as Eden got her lazy ass out of the house and actually got into the driver’s seat it was quarter to eleven, which meant she had fifteen minutes to get to the studio. So if she’s late she’s going to be pissed and it will be all her fault.

“It’s your fault.” She said.

“Please enlighten me at how this is all my fault.” I said not looking at her and just waiting for her to shut up so I can finally watch my damn movie.

“First of, I said your fault, not all your fault, there is quite a significant difference between the two statements. Second of all because you did not let me sleep, you dragged me go to food shopping when we could’ve went out right now to get breakfast instead and then went to go shopping and you also hurt my beautiful knee.” She said frowning at the end and rubbing her hurt knee.

“Not so beautiful no more.” I mumbled putting my headphones in which got instantly ripped out. “Ow!”

“Be nice to me!”

“I can’t I’m fucking hungry!”

“Well we can’t stop at Dunkin’ right now because we’re out of time.”

“Speaking of time, you now have about six minutes to get to the studio.” I said casually putting my seat back and prompting my feet up on the dashboard in my shoes just to piss Eden off even more. I heart her growl a bit once she saw my feet but she didn’t say anything and finally she backed out of the driveway.

“Put your seatbelt on.” She said and I just ignored her. “Your choice.”

After saying that she started accelerating pretty fast and not taking the fact that there is a stop sign coming up into consideration of her speed she slammed on her break making me hit my head on my legs that were still leaning against the dashboard.

“Dude!” I screamed rubbing my forehead, I looked in the mirror and I could see a small bump starting to appear underneath all the redness. “Oh you are so lucky that my bangs cover this soon-to-be bump!”

“I told you to put your seatbelt on. It was your decision to ignore my advice.” She replied with a hint of satisfaction in her voice and I just bit my tongue before I started cursing my ass off at that girl. Then I put my seatbelt on. “Good, now I can safely drive like a maniac.”

“That’s an oxymoron you dumbass.”

“You’re a dumbass.” She retorted.

“And you’re a moron.”

“Should we just not talk till we get some food in our stomachs?”

“I think this would be the best idea as of right now.” I replied and for the rest of the way we were quiet.

In five minutes she managed to drive through two red lights, three stop signs, and get flipped off about ten times. The last of her road sins is the one that we are currently in the middle off. Some dude is chasing us cuz Eden decided to cut him off.

“I swear you should get your license revoked.” I said with one of my headphones out so I can hear her response.

“Bite your tongue, and what the fuck does this dude want?!” she screamed and then made a U-turn, then another one and the guy just couldn’t keep up with us anymore. “Time?”

“Ten fifty-eight.”

“Fuck!”

“Yep, that sounds like the proper reaction.” I mumbled and put my second headphone in yet again trying to focus on my movie but no because Miss Road-Oxymoron decided to piss off most of the California drivers on a six minute drive.

“Okay, we’re here, I’m leaving the keys in here so park the car and then meet me on the twenty third floor because that’s where I’ll be now bye!” she said literally jumping out of the car and running up the stairs to the main entrance of the building.

I grumped as I climbed over the center console of the car to get into the drivers seat. Wow, I’m surprised she remembered to put the car in park considering the engine was still running. I put the car in drive and tried looking for parking. The only sign that I found leading towards it is the underground one which seemed nice to me.
Up until the point when I started thinking of all of the movies and TV shows where shit goes down in an underground garage. I found a parking spot closest to the underground entrance, locked up the car and made my way inside.

It wasn’t too shabby. I went to the main lobby and waited for an elevator. I just hope the elevator music wouldn’t be annoying. I hate annoying elevator music. It’s worse than a winter without snow. The elevator opened and I walked into it.

I looked around considering it was empty and it didn’t look weird. This elevator reminds me of the one from the movie Elf. So I figured the most appropriate thing to do was to press all of the buttons at once making it look like a Christmas tree. Damn, I need a life. But hey, at least that’ll kill some time and I wouldn’t have to wait forever for Eden to get done.

Nothing exciting happened till the elevator stopped on eighteenth floor. I noticed someone was standing with their back turned towards the door so it really caught them off guard when the elevator opened.

“What? I didn’t call it yet..” the person mumbled. I looked at him from under my glasses avoiding my movie for a bit.

Without trying to be creepy or anything I took in his features and he looked extremely familiar and out of this world handsome as well. Judging by his looks he was in his late teens early 20's. He was wearing a cool fedora. I’m not a fedora whore like Eden is, but I would totally rock this one. Just like me, he was wearing sunglasses. He had this rocker feel coming off of him. His white button down shirt with a vest suited him well and his skinny jeans totally accentuated his ass. Again, not trying to be creepy or anything.

He started rummaging through his pockets and pulled down a phone identical to mine. Yay, we already have something in common! Hmm, maybe I am a bit strange.

“Shit.” He mumbled and started smacking his phone against his palm which obviously did nothing to improve its work conditions.

"You okay?” I asked him. I probably shouldn’t have, but this elevator is a long ride and it’s either this small talk or awkward silence and no one likes awkward silences.

"Alright, so before the elevator stopped at the floor I was at, I was gonna start watching movie cuz I know for a fact that I would be waiting for at least half an hour before they will have the studio ready for me, and my phone is fucking dead. Like, Michael Jackson dead.” he said finishing with an unfortunate joke followed by a sigh.

“Well that sucks. That’s why you always carry a charger with you.” I said in a tone with a little hint of an attitude in it, which was not intentional, just happened. I think it’s because I still didn’t get any food.

“Do you carry your charger with you?” he asked and I shook my head.

“I don’t have to because my best friend always has hers and she has the same phone as I do.” I smiled and he just shook his head with a slight grin.

“So what movie were you going to watch, and why is it such an end of the world if you don’t get to watch it at this very minute?”

“Um, I don’t share personal information with strangers I meet in an elevator.” I responded and I just had this “oooookayyyy” look on my face. “It’s just it’s more of a cartoon.”

“Are you a Brony?” I asked with a completely serious expression.

“Fuck no!”

“Then how would you know what a Brony is?” I asked with my eyes narrowed and he started nodding his head in thought.

“Well played. And because everyone knows to avoid Bronies that’s why. I was about to put on The Nightmare Before Christmas, I’ve been in love with it my whole life pretty much.” He explained and I just started smiling really wide probably scaring him.

“Dude, that’s what I’m watching, it’s my favorite movie of all time.” I told him and I could see a sign of relieve in his face just because I didn’t call him crazy for watching an old classic.

"Well what the fuck then? Share your phone!” he laughed taking one of my headphones out and putting it in his ear.

When he did that he got really close to my face and my eyes widened. At that moment I understood exactly why he looked so fucking familiar. He was Ryan fucking Ross.

“Are you going to hit play or are you going to keep standing there all frozen and stuff?” he asked and I shook my head trying to get back to normal and not to freak out. He’s so much more cuter in person it’s not even funny. I pressed play and we both enjoyed our elevator ride.

“Oh, what floor are you getting off?” I finally asked him after my return to normality.

“Um, 23rd I think, you?” he asked and this made me really want to smile but I held it in with all I could.

“Same here.”

“Are you in a band or something?” he asked and I shook my head.

“My friend works here and she asked me to meet her there so that’s what I’m doing.”

“Oh, who’s your friend?” he asked and I raised my eyebrow as if why are you asking me that dude. “I just know pretty much everyone who works on that floor I’m there with my band every other day.”

“Her name is Eden, and she’s new.” I explained and his eyes kinda got wide with realization.

“Oh! I think I know who you’re talking about, she’s the new CEO or something like that, everyone’s been dying to meet her.” He said and I got a bit upset. Cuz I wanted to keep him all to myself.

“Yep, that’s her.” I smiled.

“Well what’s your name? I’m Ryan.” He introduced himself and reached his hand out for me to shake. And I did. And it was awesome.

“I’m Sarah.”

“Nice to meet you Sarah.” He smiled and then the elevator dinged and by now we were already on the 23rd floor. Awe, that was too fast. Ha! That’s what she said. “So this basically means we’re going to the same place.” He said and I just nodded in response trying to keep up with his long strokes so that my headphones wouldn’t rip into two.

“Can you walk slower I’m tiny!” I complained and he laughed. His laugh is adorable by the way. He slowed down till we reached a little lobby area with couches.

“Not my fault shawty.” He smiled as he plopped down on one of the couches forcing me to sit down with him because of the damn headphones.

For the next half an hour our little, as I would like to call it, pre-date went pretty smoothly. No interruptions, no nothing. It was amazing. Until the bitch came out of her office.

“Alright, Sare,” she started to say but I could barely hear her because she was struggling to hold some huge box of papers. I should probably help her, but I can’t. I’m in the middle of my pre-date. “I’m ready to go.” She finished after making a bunch of weird movements with her legs and knees trying to balance the box. And yet I’m still sitting here refusing to help her. At least I’m thinking about helping her. It’s the thought that counts.

Even after she said she was ready I couldn’t see her face so it’d be pretty funny to see her struggle.

“Fuck this.” She said going back into the office with a box and then coming out with a dolly with the box on it. “Aha!” then she looked at me “Oh? And you are?” she asked Ryan and my eyes widened in horror.

“Ryan, I’m guessing you’re Eden” Ryan said taking the headphone out and getting off the couch to shake Eden’s hand.

“Yes, I am. I think we have a meeting in a week too.” She said and I tried hiding a smile because I know she’s gonna bring me to that.

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure we do.” He said and then turned to me. “Well I gotta go now, it was nice to meet you.” He said and started walking down a hall. As soon as he made a turn and was out of sight I turned to Eden and my eyes widened in horror.

“Don’t you dare say anything.” I said pointing my finger at her and she just started laughing. “Just because you did that I am not helping you with that dolly.” I said getting off the couch and she still kept laughing.

As soon as we were about to leave we heard someone running. We both turned to where we heard the sound coming from and I saw Ryan rushing back to where we were.

“I almost forgot something.” He said panting a little. “Give me your phone.” He said and I did with a puzzled look on my face. Then he did something and I heard his phone go off. “Good, now that I have you number we don’t have to wait till that meeting to talk.” He said with a smile and I couldn’t help but return the gesture. I put my phone in my pocket and then the three of us stood there awkwardly.

“Well we gotta go.” Eden said grabbing the dolly and walking away.

“Bye.” Ryan said with a smile as he waved at me and I did the same following Eden like a mad puppy that didn’t want to go home from a nice walk.
We got in an elevator and a couple of minutes later we were in the underground garage getting into the car.

“You are good.” Eden said while she was putting her seatbelt on and moving her seat closer to the steering wheel. “Jesus, you and your long legs.” She mumbled.

“Good at what?” I asked pretending not to know what she’s talking about.

“Oh you know exactly what I’m talking about so don’t even try to deny this shit. I know this shit.”

“I didn’t do anything though. We just watched a movie together and I think he started to like me.” I said smiling a bit.

“Pfft! Hell yeah he’s starting to like you.” She laughed pulling out of the garage and driving home. “So when did he say he was gonna call you?” she asked and I shrugged my shoulders. “He didn’t say anything?”

“You were there you dumbass!”

“Oh yeah, I keep forgetting.”

“Yeah ya dum-dum.”

“He’s a lot cuter in person than I expected.” She said thinking about it for quite a bit.

“I fucking know right! He’s so adorable! And you know what else?”

“What?”

“He’s not a Brony.” I said making her crack the fuck up and almost crash into a car in front of us which didn’t necessarily stop our laughter. At all.

We kept cracking jokes all the way home and then Eden just dropped me off saying she needs to take care of something. I didn’t mind, this way I can organize the fridge and hide all of my favorite foods from her as well as walking around the house and see what’s going on.

After I was done with the fridge, I made a ham and cheese hot pocket because I was still so damn hungry. It was so delicious. After I was done I went into the living room and turned the TV on, there wasn’t anything specific on that I liked because nothing could keep my eyes off of that box of papers anyway.
I’ve been contemplating on it for about ten minutes now and I gave up. I bolted from the couch to the dolly. Knowing that Eden has an office here, that’s where I took it. Then I started looking thought the papers.

What a disappointment. Just a bunch of contracts. I kept sorting through them until one caught my eye.

“No way.” I said out loud.

“What are you doing in my office with my papers?” Eden ran in and started putting the stuff away.

“Did you read any of these yet?” I asked.

“No, why?” then I showed her the contract that caught my eyes. “Holy shit.”

“Oh yeah.” and with that she couldn’t do anything but plop down in her chair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to people that have read the first chapter! I hope you like the story so far and will keep reading it :)