Cold and Dark

Chapter 3

I am really sorry that this is such a crappy chapter. I need some reviews on this before I go any further into my story, though, so I can know if I need to change anything. So leave reviews and what not!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Jack had left Jamie's, he had done some thinking. He had been thinking about how he had been so against this whole thing a couple of hours ago, but here he was getting ready to go report to Pitch as if he had been doing this forever. It felt almost normal, even though there was a part of him that wanted so desperately to go back to how he was before this happened.

But the darkness inside him kept driving him forward towards Pitch's lair, more out of interest in what Pitch had in store for him than anything else. His internal struggles were confusing him more and more with each passing minute, and Jack stopped mid-flight. He floated down to the ground and plopped down on a boulder nearby.

Jack sighed softly; sure, he had talked big back at Jamie's house, but now he wasn't so sure that all he had said was true. He was starting to doubt himself and this situation just a little, and Pitch would be able to tell, surely, and would consume him with more darkness, to ensure that the winter sprite would not leave so easily.

Jack ran a hand through his hair in frustration, and his thoughts turned suddenly to the other Guardians. What would they think when they saw him like this? Disappointed, surely. Betrayed, most definitely. Would they try to cast him out again when he confronted them again, or would they try to fight him, that he wasn't sure. That's when Jack decided he would go see the Guardians before he went back to Pitch.

And who knows, if the Guardians decided to cast him out again, than that would help make his decision easier.