Status: in progress c:

My Mom and His Dad

Chapter Five

Kellin’s POV

I got up that morning and went straight to the bathroom. I was still dizzy but I ignored it and checked my wounded wrist. Dried blood coated a good portion of my forearm. I frowned, placing my arm under the faucet and running warm water over it. I rubbed it lightly, making sure I didn’t make it start bleeding again. Once I’d finished, I carried on with my morning routine and skipped out on breakfast, which I’d probably regret later.

Vic’s POV

“Vic, get the hell up, bro!” said a frantic Mike.

I looked up at my brother, confused, but snatched my phone off the dresser, realizing the time. I only had 5 minutes to get to school.

“Shit!”

I ran to the bathroom, combing through my hair quickly and brushed my teeth. I finished, jogging to my dresser again but this time, yanking the drawer open and grabbing a tee and a pair of kaki cargo shorts.

“C’mon, c’mon!” yelled Mike.

“Okay, geez.” I muttered, pulling on my Vans as I hopped to the door, grabbing my bag on the way out.

I jumped in my brother’s car as he sped down the road, pulling into the parking lot just as the late bell rang.

“Damnit.” I said, now running down the hall to my first hour class. Mike was close behind, but turned down another hall to get to his own class.

You’re probably wondering where he was when my dad was punching me last night. He sleeps in the bedroom upstairs and dad doesn’t bother him because he’s really quiet unless he’s with me, Jaime, or Tony. Jaime and Tony are our best friends. We’ve basically grown up with them.

I slowly opened the classroom door, and crept to my desk beside Kellin, who was looking especially pale today.

Kellin’s POV

I sat down in my desk, letting my bag drop to the floor beside me. I watched wearily as students shuffled in, but there was one person I’d been hoping to see that didn’t walk in with the rest of them. I frowned as the tardy bell rang and Vic didn’t show. Class began and I watched the door, hoping he’d come in. Nothing. About 10 minutes later I heard the door at the back of the room creak open. I looked up, seeing Vic creep in. I smiled feeling relieved that the teacher didn’t see him. He sat down quietly and winked at me. I grinned, giving him a thumbs-up.

“Dude, what happened?” I asked barely above a whisper.

He rolled his eyes, “Woke up late, as usual.”

I looked back to the teacher… Mrs. Hershey? She was still occupied with the board.

“Bro, you look like shit.” He whispered, eyeing me.

His eyes fell to my covered wrists and I shrunk under his gaze.

He noticed my discomfort, “Sorry.”

I shrugged, “I’ll be fine.”

“Kellin,” Mrs. Hershey called, startling me, “Why don’t you come and get you and Mr. Fuentes’s detention slips?”

I rolled my eyes, getting out of my seat. I almost fell over, but kept my composure and made it to her desk. She handed me two pink slips but then looked to me a second time.

“Are you alright, Mr. Quinn?” she asked, concern obvious in her voice.

“Y-Yeah, yeah, I’m fine.” I mumbled, beginning the journey back to my seat.

I wasn’t even half-way there when that familiar dizziness washed over me, but much stronger, causing me to stumble into the closest desk. I caught myself, but when I stood, my vision blurred and I realized I couldn’t stand any longer, falling to the floor.

“Kellin!” Vic yelled.

I heard a collective gasp from the students around me. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t see. Just a big blur swarmed around me. I felt as if I was floating.

“You’ll be okay, I swear.” I heard, feeling the warmth of lips press my forehead.

Am I dying?
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhangers for the win!