Status: in progress c:

My Mom and His Dad

Chapter Six

Kellin’s POV

“Damn it. Damn it. Damn it.”

That was definitely Vic. I heard a door fly open and slam against the wall beside it. The world went dark but I could still feel and hear everything that went on.

“Please help him. He passed out in class.” Vic again, but he sounded almost like he was going to cry out of frustration.

“Do you know what’s wrong with him?” a woman asked politely.

I felt something underneath me and the floating sensation left.

“No…. I mean I don’t think I’ve seen him eat lately, but that’s it.” Vic replied, his voice still close by.

I held on to it. It was like my lifeline. I knew if I let go of it, I’d be lost.

“Alright well—“ she gasped.

My wrist was being held lightly by cool, tiny hands. Fuck.

“I’ve got to notify the counselor.” She breathed.

“No! He’ll be fine! I’ll make him stop.” Vic exclaimed.

Maybe he could, but I doubt it. My best friend back in Michigan couldn’t even stop me, nor could my past girlfriends.

“It’s policy, Victor.”

How did she know his name? Has he been here before? I mean, probably, but for her to know him by name he had to have come often, right? This was quite a large school…

“Please…” he whispered.

There was silence for a moment and I thought I’d lost them.

“Fine, but I want him in here next week so I can check his wrists and legs. Got it?”

“I promise.” He said.

“Alright well all he needs is some rest and I’ll get him something to eat when he gets up,” she explained.

“Yes ma’am.”

I heard footsteps and a door close.

“Kellin, what happened? Why are you doing this?” he spoke, his voice cracking in places.

That same wrist was lifted but this time I knew it was him. The touch was warm and his palms were soft, but I found his fingertips somewhat rough. Were those calices? Maybe he plays guitar. I’ll have to ask when I get up.

“I should’ve said something earlier…” he sighed, lightly brushing my self-inflicted wounds and the scars they left there.

I felt a few drops of water on my arm… tears? I got my answer after hearing a distinct sniffle.

“This is so stupid. I hardly even know you, but I find you gorgeous and I think I’m really beginning to like you and I hope you’re not hearing this because that’d be really embarrassing. I don’t even know if you’re – well yeah, and even then it’s possible that you don’t even like me that way.” He mumbled.

Damn it he’s adorable and he likes me. He likes me. Ohmygoodness. This is so exciting! Ugh, why can’t I be awake?! I wanted to tell him that I did, in fact, like him in that way and that I had since the day I bumped into him. I guess it’ll have to wait.

He sighed again, now holding my hand in his lap. I knew I could rest then. I was safe when he was around and the feeling his presence gave me helped me fall asleep.

Vic’s POV

I sat on the bed Kellin was resting on, taking his hand in my lap and examining one of his wrists. This one, I noticed, was much more abused than the other one. I noted that this was his left wrist and the one with the most scars was his right. I really hope he didn’t hear my speech. That would be so fucking awkward if he did. Or maybe it wouldn’t. Maybe he likes me, too. I shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut. No, I’m getting my hopes up too soon.

After almost an hour of waiting, Kellin’s eyes fluttered open. He looked to the ceiling blinking and then yawning. He looked to me and I released his hand, gaining a frown from him.

“Who said you could let go?” he asked.

I blushed, taking it back, “Sorry.”

“So, I heard what you said.”

I felt my face become extremely hot, “O-Oh, is that so?”

That’s it. I’m done for, I braced myself for rejection.

“I like you, too.” He said, giving me a breath-taking smile.

“It’s fine I – Wait. You what?” I asked, taken aback.

He chuckled, “I like you too, you big dork.”

I laughed, intertwining our fingers, “Really? That’s a relief! So, I need to get the nurse. You okay with me leaving you here for a minute?”

“Sure thing. She’s getting me food right?”

I nodded, my smile fading a bit.

“Awesome, I’m fucking starving!” he said, slowly sitting up, bringing my smile back, full force.

The bed was against the wall, so I placed the pillow to it so he could sit comfortably. Once comfortable, he crossed his legs, letting go of my hand so I could leave.

“Be right back.”

“I’ll be waiting.” He replied, as I closed the door behind me.

Did that just happen? I just snatched up an angel. I smiled, content now, getting the nurse’s attention.

“He’s up. Did you want me to get his food?”

“Nope. I got it already.” she replied, handing me a tray with grilled chicken and mashed potatoes.

I grabbed a juice box from the fridge I knew so well. After all, I’d been there plenty of times.

“Thanks.” I said, walking back to the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
This has gotten a lot of attention really quickly, which surprised me .-.