Status: in progress c:

My Mom and His Dad

Chapter Nine

Kellin’s POV
Finally it was Friday. The guys invited me to hang out tonight and we were just going over the details. I didn’t realize ‘hang out’ meant a party but oh well. My mom was going out with a few coworkers tonight so I could do whatever because she won’t be home until around midnight and my curfew is 2am on weekends as long as I answer the phone. School was almost over. I took a sip of my juice while listening to the guys. They were worried about getting a ride.
“Well, Tony is picking me up, but I don’t know about you three.” Jaime and Tony lived right by each other apparently.
“I have a car. I’ll pick up Mike and Vic on the way. Just make sure you know where we’re going.” I responded.
Vic nodded, “Pick us up at eight. I’ll make sure Mikey is ready by then.”
Mike rolled his eyes and punched Vic in the shoulder.
The bell rang, signaling us to go to class. I sighed, getting up and walking with Vic. Two hours later we were in gym, goofing around while running laps on the track. Oliver glared at me from afar and it was definitely making me uncomfortable. Why he wasn’t suspended, I don’t know.
Finally the school day ended and I was home, getting ready. I didn’t do anything special, except for putting on a little extra cologne because I was nervous about being with Vic. I slipped on my Toms and a jacket, zipping it up and got out of the door by 7:30. I just told my mom I’d be at a friend’s house for most of the night.
I walked up to Vic’s door, knocking quietly. Vic almost immediately answered and walked out, Mike following close behind.
“Thank god, Kellin. You’re a saint.” Mike sighed, getting in the back seat.
I laughed, “Your dad?”
He gave me an odd look, “How’d you know?”
I looked at Vic and smiled, “Just a guess.”
He returned the smile, and handed me a slip of paper with the address. I was surprised to find that it was only a few blocks away from my house. I pulled up, and hopped out of the car, walking alongside Vic with Mike walking ahead.
“So whose party is this, anyway?” I asked, walking in. There were already quite a few people there and while the music was already pretty loud, I’m sure it’d only get louder the later it got.
He shrugged, “I think it’s Jesse’s. Why? Did you wanna leave?”
I shook my head, “No, just wondering.”
“Okay, I’ll go get us a drink and I’ll be back okay?” he flashed me a perfect smile and walked away.
“Kellin!” I turned to see Matty walking towards me, cup in hand and a smile on his face.
“Hey Matty.” I greeted, high-fiving him.
“What’s up?”
“Oh, nothing. Just hanging out with Vic.” Who was right on cue with drinks.
“Here ya go. Did you wanna stay in here? Me and Jesse were gonna go shot some pool with a few other guys.”
I took a sip, recognizing vodka and something else I couldn’t put my finger on, “I’ll come and watch.”
Matty and I made small talk through most of it, but it wasn’t anything worth mentioning.
Two hours and plenty of drinks later the guys finally stopped their third game of pool.
“Vic?”
“Yeah?” he asked, walking over to me. He got dangerously close to my lips. I smelled the alcohol on his breath and smiled.
“I’m g-gonna go to the bathroom okay? I’ll b-be right back.” He nodded and I stumbled around, and finally made it to the bathroom. I don’t think I’ve ever been this drunk before. I did my business and walked out, feeling a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see, of course, Oli.
“Hey there, mate. You lost?” he sneered. I’m drunk and so screwed.
I tried to play it off, “Nope, j-just going back to the lounge..”
I turned to walk away but he snatched my shirt, pinning me against the wall.
“What’d I tell you about hanging around Vic?”
“Why doesss it matter? Is Oliver j-jealous?” I slurred.
He punched me in the jaw and released my shirt letting me crumple to the ground. I clutched my jaw, feeling my lip go numb. It was probably bleeding. Did I care? No. I was drunk as hell.
“C’mon, let’s go.” He pulled me up by my arm and led me to a room.
I looked around, realizing it wasn’t a room. It was a closet. I looked up, seeing him close the door on me and I heard what sounded like a lock. Shit.
“L-Let me out you asshole!”
I fumbled with the door, trying to get out, but I knew it’d be useless. I sat down, letting my head lean against the wall, feeling defeated.
Vic’s POV
How long has Kellin been in the bathroom? Almost 20 minutes. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t take that long – drunk or not. I passed Oli on the way there. He stopped me, but I wasn’t in the mood.
“Hey Vic.”
“Hi Oli. Bye Oli.” I said, beginning to walk again.
“Oh c’mon.” He grabbed my wrist, pushing me against the wall, “Cant we have some fun?”
Pressing his lips to mine, the alcohol clouded my mind and I kissed back for an instant. But I opened my eyes because it felt wrong. I should be kissing a drunk Kellin, not Oli. I pushed him away.
“No, Oli. I cant.”
“Because of Kellin?” he smirked.
My brain might be slow under the influence of alcohol, but I’m not stupid.
“Where is he?” I asked, yelling over the music.
He rolled his eyes, “Who cares?”
“I fucking do. Where is he, Oliver?” I yelled, grabbing his shirt collar.
He smiled, “Violent are we? Maybe I’ll tell you if you do me a…. favor.”
I let go, “What would that be?”
I instantly regretted my question. He came closer, pulling my hips towards him and grabbed my crotch, earning a gasp from me. I was not expecting that. I shoved him back, furious.
“Know what? Fuck you. I’ll find him on my own.” I spat walking down the hall towards the bedrooms.
“KELLIN!” I yelled, stopping to listen for him.
Sure enough, I heard banging. I let it lead me into the guest bedroom. That’s where I saw the closet, which was locked from the outside. I undid the lock and opened the door to find a slightly sweaty Kellin with a bleeding lip. I rolled my eyes. I’ll get Oli later.
“Finally.” He said, jumping up to hug me. I returned the embrace, smiling.
“Alright so did you want to stay or….?”
“Honestly?” he gave me the are-you-kidding-me face and I chuckled.
“Okay, okay.”
We got out to his car, but I stopped him before he got in the driver’s side.
“What?”
“You are definitely way too drunk to drive.” I laughed, pushing him to the passenger side. He sighed, but didn’t protest.
“I’ll drop you off and walk back to my place.” I said.
We were only half way there and he was already snoring lightly. I pulled into the driveway and walked around, lifting him out of the car. He was so light. I walked in and opened a few rooms until I found what seemed to be his. I mean, I don’t think a guest bedroom or his mom’s room would have band posters. I laid him on the bed, kissing his forehead lightly before dropping his keys on his dresser and leaving.
The walk home was nice and the night air was cool. I decided to go through my window. I didn’t want to chance a run-in with my dad. Tonight was… nice. I mean, besides the whole Oliver thing. I swear, that guy has a serious problem. If I catch him around Kellin again, I’ll go off. He’s already harmed his perfect lips. I swear if I’d been around… I shook my head, putting my ear buds in and laying down. I can’t let him go any further, though. It’s bullshit and Kellin doesn’t deserve it. I fell asleep soon after those thoughts crossed my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! ily <3