Status: in progress c:

My Mom and His Dad

Chapter Eight

Vic’s POV

My house is only about 3 blocks from school so we were there in no time. Kellin followed as I led him into my room. He stood by the door awkwardly until I pulled him to my bed. He sat down, looking around when his eyes fell on my guitar.

“I knew it!” he exclaimed, pointing to it

.

I walked over picking it up and sitting on the bed next to him, strumming it lightly.

“How?”

He blushed, “I felt the calices on your fingers.”

“Ah, someone sounds like they know a little bit about music.” I said winking at him.

“U-Uhm, yeah. I mean, I sing and my friend, Jesse, would play guitar for me. We used to go out in town and he’d play so I could sing when I was up to it.” he explained, looking down.

“Name a song.”

“Huh?”

“Name. A. Song.” I demanded, looking into his eyes again. They’re absolutely gorgeous. I couldn’t get enough of them.

“Kiss Me, why do –“

I knew the song and began playing immediately after hearing him say the title. Ed Sheeran is one of my favorites.

“Sing.” I said between strums.

“But I’m nervous..” he mumbled.

I smiled, “Don’t be,” and started the chorus again.

He practically whispered the first line but he progressively got louder, finally making it to a normal volume and, my god, did he sound beautiful.

“…fallen for your eyes, but they don’t know me yet and the feeling I forget, I’m in love now. So kiss me like you wanna be loved. Wanna be loved, wanna be loved. This feels like I’ve fallen in love. Fallen in love, fallen in love.”

He stopped, now blushing a deep shade of red and stared at the ground.

“Kellin, that was amazing.” I breathed, looking at him in awe.

He blinked, lifting his head to meet my gaze, “Really?”

I rolled my eyes and put my guitar back on its stand, “Well duh!”

He giggled, kicking off his shoes and crossing his legs. He scooted up against the headboard so that his back was resting on a pillow. Not just any pillow either – it was mine. I blushed, thinking of his scent lingering on my pillow. Pushing my ridiculous thoughts back, I moved to his side, plopping down and stretching out my legs.

“So where’s your dad?” he asked, taking my hand and intertwining our fingers. I smiled at his touch, but cringed at the thought of my dad.

“Hopefully falling off a bridge.” I muttered.

Kellin’s eyes moved to meet mine again, “Why do you say that?”

Shit. He heard me.

“How did you… never mind. It’s nothing.”

“I’m quiet as it is. I have a good ear, and you’re kind of right next to me,” he giggled, “Now, tell me.”

His face became serious and his blue – yes blue eyes were piercing mine. They always seemed to change…

“Vic, is he hurting you?” he asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. His flawless face displayed sadness as he spoke.

“No – I-I mean he hits me, but…” I stared at my lap, feeling ashamed and just stupid. He doesn’t need to know about my bullshit. It’s not fair. “It’s whatever though. It only happens when he’s drunk. Don’t worry about me, seriously, Kells.”

“You’re an idiot.”

I looked to him in disbelief, “What?”

“You’re an idiot for thinking I shouldn’t worry, an idiot for not fighting back, and an idiot for not telling someone…” he ranted, the annoyance obvious in his voice. He’s so cute when he’s aggravated.

“…and to think of him putting his hands on you. Oh, HELL NO! Where is that old bastard?! I swear when I get—“

I pulled his face to mine and pressed my lips to his. I felt him immediately relax, and his lips mold into mine. As if he’d just realized I’d cut him off, he pushed me back by my shoulders.

“I was pissed off and in the middle of talking, but could you shut me up more often?” he breathed, a grin spreading across his face.

I chuckled, “Sure thing,” and pressed my lips against his once more.

That’s when I heard the front door slam. We both pulled away, staring at each other in shock.

“He’s not supposed be home this early!” I whispered.

Kellin jumped up, grabbing his bag, “What do we do?!”

“Window.” I whispered, sprinting to it and frantically unlocking it. I finally pushed open and grabbed Kellin’s waist, hoisting him up and getting him out of my room. His knees hit the grass, making him grunt. I slid out the window, pushing him along, into the front yard and out to the street. He ruffled his hair and brushed the grass off of his pants.

“Rough much?”

“Well did you want to die?” I asked, walking beside him as we made our way back to the school’s parking lot.

He frowned, “I could’ve taken him.”

I laughed aloud, “Kellin, you couldn’t take a squirrel.”

Suddenly I was on my ass. I looked up in shock at Kellin’s giggling figure.

“You jerk! I’ll get you for that!” I got up and wrapped my arms around his torso, putting him over my shoulder.

“Put me down!” he said through laughs, “No fair!”

I ignored his protests and only put him down when we made it to his car, which earned me a punch in the shoulder. I barely felt it though. His little frame couldn’t do much damage. Honestly, he only pushed me over because he caught me off guard.

“Get in, I’ll drive you home.” he smiled, pulling his keys out of his pocket.

I frowned, knowing I couldn’t.

“My dad can’t see your car. He’ll freak. I’ll just walk.” I said, pecking his lips. School had been dismissed, so no one should be around.

“Alright, well, I’ll see you tomorrow, right?” he sighed.

“Of course.” I replied, watching him get into his car.

He waved as he drove off. I walked home in silence, thinking about Kellin and how well we fit together. I slipped back into my window, wanting to avoid my dad. My phone vibrated on my dresser and I smiled knowing who it was and saved the contact.

Kells: Nice note :)

Vic: I thought it was ;)
♠ ♠ ♠
Most recent.