Heut Ist Dein Glückstag

Chapter Two.

The sun seeps through the curtains seeming brighter than usual. I open my eyes a tiny bit and Fuck! This is one bitch of a hangover! My head is pounding and the sound of Jenna rattling round the kitchen singing loudly to the radio really isn’t helping.
Why do I always drink so much? I always say I’ll never drink again but this time I mean it, next time I’M the designated driver!!

I turn over and pull the duvet over my head in a desperate attempt to go back to sleep and not have to deal with the thumping in my head for at least a few more hours. No such luck…

“Wakey Wakey sleepy head!” Jenna announces as she barges into my room, I’m sure she’s being as loud as possible just to piss me off.

“Go away” I grumble in response, pulling the duvet tighter over my head.

“Sorry, no can do, we’ve got to be at work in 2 hours and you need to get yourself sorted!” she booms – ok maybe she doesn’t, maybe it’s just my rather sensitive head.

“Nooooo, I can’t, I’m sick!” I complain wallowing in my own self pitty as I massage my temples.

“You’re hungover Ash, it’s not the first time and I seriously doubt it’ll be the last” she states in an unamused tone, her hands placed firmly on her hips – mum mode as I call it - “get over it and get your arse out of bed before I bring in a bucket of cold water!” Startled I peek my head out of the duvet, ignoring the burn of the sun as my eyes go wide. “You wouldn’t dare” I challenge, but it’s pointless, I know she would, she’s mean like that! She gives me a look and turns to the tray that she’s put down on my bedside table offering me a cup of strong, black coffee and 2 asprin which I take greatfully, guzzling down the coffee before laying back down feeling the room still spinning a little.

“I’ve made you some chocy spread on toast, eat it and get in the shower, you stink!” she states before retiring to the kitchen. I’m sure she enjoys my pain, penance for having to look after me while I’m out I guess. I sigh getting out of the bed, making my way past the plate of toast that at the moment looks completely unappetising, though is usually my favourite treat and head into the bathroom for a nice long soak in the shower trying to remember the details of last night. ‘There was no-one hot left at the club by the time we got there, I told Jenna we were too late!’ I reminisce ‘I drank too much, but the coctails tasted sooo nice! Don’t remember much about getting home… oo, wait there were the two guys in the broken down car! They were pretty hot, especially the dark haired one’ I smile to myself lathering my hair up in an attempt to get rid of the layers of hairspray and the stink or stale sweat that only a club can give. ‘And we get to see them again at their gig! Wonder what their music’s like?’ I stumble out of the shower, wrap myself in a towel and head to the study where I find Jenna working on something on the computer.
“Hey, what was the band called those guys were in?” I ask leaning next to her.

“Err, Tokio Hotel I think, why?” she questions not looking back at me.

“Wanted to check ‘em out ‘is all. Youtube ‘em for me” I ask.

“I’m guessing you’re not going to leave me alone until I do” she sighs and I smirk as she types in their name and scrolls to one of the songs it comes up with - ‘Durch Den Monsun’ She clicks on the tab and turns on the speakers.

“What? That’s not them and it’s all in like German or something?” she complains staring at the screen watching as the song progresses. I frown looking closer at the screen, they look way younger than the guys we met last night!

“Move over” I say, ignoring her squeaks of protest as I push her out of the way and google them, clicking their Wikipedia page. “Ooo it is them. They are a German band that started in 2001, no wonder they look so young in the video, they are only 23 now!” I say looking round at her.

“Similar age to us then” she replies looking over some images she’d found of the band over the decade.

“They are a good looking band aren’t they!” I exclaim paying particular attention to the Tom one, there wasn’t one picture that made him look unattractive, I liked his built muscles that weren’t too big, the stubble he was now sporting and the lip piercing he had that matched my own.

“‘Spose” Jenna shrugs lingering over a particularly cute picture of the lead singer, Bill.

“Oh come on, you totally think he’s cute!” I giggle chooching her cheeks making her blush a deep shade of pink.

“Get off!” she swipes at me “Go and get dressed, I’m not being late for work because of you spending 5 hours deciding what knickers to wear!!” I giggle and return to my room. “Jenna?” I yell out whilst searching through my draws “What knickers should I wear?!” I hear her laugh in response before ignoring me and getting back to her work.

//Time Lapse//

It had been a long and stressful few days at work. Don’t get me wrong, Jenna and I both loved our jobs, that we got the chance to help people through various illnesses everyday and seeing the results really made the job worth it, the fact that we got to work together made it even better! But there were some patients that really tried our patience (haha!).

“Thank God we’re not in until Monday!” Jenna says reclining on our leather sofa looking like she would fall asleep at any point, which wouldn’t be uncalled for as it was a little after 6am and we’d been working since 6pm last night.

“Hmm” I agree making my way to the fridge, I was always hungry! “Fancy a sandwhich?”

“Yeah, go on then, think we better head straight to bed after if we have to go out for that concert tonight!”

“Ooo yeah, I’d forgotten about that!” I perked up taking some grated cheese and marge from the fridge to start making a sandwich for us both. “Oh God, what am I going to wear?!” I start to panic.

Jenna just laughs at me taking a bite of her sandwich “Ash, it’s only a concert, you’re not going on the red carpet!” “Yeah well, they’re hot and we get to go backstage, got to look out best!” I wink making her almost choke on her sarnie.
“Oh God, please don’t say you’re gonna be trying to get into their pants all night?” she frowns.
“No!” I say feigning shock “Just think we should make an effort is all” I grin but she doesn’t look convinced. “Well it’s your turn to drive, so at least you won’t be able to drink too much and embarrass yourself!” she says getting up to clear away her plate. “Hmmm, we could get a taxi instead, then neither of us have to drive!” I beem - I know I said I’d be designated drive next time, but… well, I lied, I hate not being able to have a drink, or two, or three!

“Ok, ok, well I need some sleep! Lock the front door and don’t make to much noise! Gotta get my beauty sleep” she winks over her shoulder as she trudges tiredly up the stairs.

“Ha! I knew you fancied him!” I yell back, finishing up in the kitchen before following her up the stairs to my own room.

Jenna and I have lived together for about 3 years now, after moving from England to America when we were 18 to pursue a career in nursing at one of the worlds’ best hospitals in New York. She’s my best friend and I love her like a sister, though we are two completely different people really – she’s trendy and mainstream, and I’m a bit weird and gothy; she is tidy and keeps the house clean, where as I make a big mess and leave it for her to clean up… yeah, it’s no wonder we fight sometimes, but we make up just as quickly over a bowl of popcorn and a good movie. We love to tease and wind each other up but when it comes down to it we are completely loyal and look out for one another – we have to now we are on our own in a different country, thousands of miles from home. It can be a bit lonely out here sometimes; we have friends from the hospital that we hang around with sometimes, but neither of us have been lucky in love. We’re not that good with flirting, unless we’re drunk, but then few relationships are built on drunken fumbles in the back of a club. It would be nice for both of us to find the right guy, someone to support us through our careers, to have fun with and of course to one day build a family with. It seems highly unlikely at the moment, but our luck may change I suppose. I start to yawn as my head hits the pillow, all thoughts fading from my mind until I’m in a peaceful slumber.

//Time Lapse//

“Ughhh, I have nothing to wear!” I complain rifling through my wardrobe, items flying out every-which-way as I continue my search.

“Ash, we going shopping every weekend, how can you say you have nothing to wear?” Jenna laughs coming into my room, her blonde hair neatly put in rollers, her make-up sitting neatly on her pretty, sweetheart face and her body covered in a pale blue night robe. She picks up a few items from my floor passing them to me. “Here, what bout this skirt, with this top?” she asks handing me a short-sleeved black top with hook and eye fastenings down the front and a black velvet mini skirt. “Perfect! Thankyou my little fashion guru!” I grin taking the items from her before ushering her out to start getting changed.

I add one final layer of hairspray, a last squirt of perfume and a final make-up check (opting for the usual dark, smoky eyes, teamed with some dark plum lipstick and pale white foundation – ‘not bad if I do say so myself!’) before I stand from my dressing table, being careful not to wobble off my high, bone styled heels, grab my bag and go in search of Jenna.

“Jen, you ready?” I call out making my way across the landing to knock on her bedroom door. “Yep” she replies hopping out of the door. I have to say she looks fab – you can’t tell me she’s not trying to impress – not that she doesn’t normally look nice, but sexy tight dress accentuating her curves in a classy, non-slutty way really did look lovely on her tonight. “Someone’s making an effort” I wolf whistle at her laughing as she hits me with her clutch and makes her way down the stairs to open the door to the taxi driver.

We arrived outside of the venue and saw straight away the huge amount of people teaming round it. “Looks like they’re bigger than we thought!” I whispered to Jenna nodding towards the huge crowd of people entering the building. We followed suit entering into the ‘pit’ area that our ticket were for; we ended up towards the middle of the crowd, but still had a good view of the stage. The supporting act was ok, though I didn’t catch their names and as they left the stage and the lights came up the whole arena seemed to buzz in anticipation of the main act. After about 15minutes of techs moving about the stage setting up amps and testing the sound the lights went dark again and the crowd started to shriek in excitement as four shadowed figures took their places on the stage, then, it’s show time!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, my first ever published chapter, so be gentle with me! ;)
All feedback welcome!!