The Mess That Feels so Right

Some people are just born with talent.

Image

"Did you have voice lessons?" Olivia asked, smiling towards William who sat across the table. Mike had finally convinced Olivia to come along to lunch, much to Eve's dismay.

"I did not," he laughed.

"I don't think I can believe that," she teased. "Seriously, you're great."

Mike held in a sigh.

"Some people are just born with talent." Eve smiled at William and scooted closer to him, her hand resting on his thigh.

The giant red sign, 'He Is Mine.' was clearly shown through her body language.

"So what's yours?" Olivia smirked, an attitude in her voice that, despite the tension between the girls, no one expected. "Being frigid?"

Eve's entire body tensed, and she was about to lash out. This was interrupted by the cheery voice of the diner's waitress at the end of the table. "Are we all ready to order?" She said, her grin evident through her voice. Quickly, everyone ordered their meals. "I'll be back with that as quick as I can," The waitress grinned, practically skipping away.

"My talent," Eve seethed, returning to the earlier subject, "is soon going to be kicking your fucking ass!"

"Eevee!" William looked towards his girlfriend, shocked. He wasn't familiar with an Eve who would be so outwardly aggressive; usually she was using tackle or growl, not kicking people's asses.

Olivia pursed her lips. She wanted to respond, to egg Eve on more.

"Besides," Eve smirked, playing off the tension of the situation, "William knows just how un-frigid I am," She punctuated the statement with a quick kiss on William's jaw, and he smiled.

"Get a room, you two!" Mike joked from his seat at the end of the table. He could not deal with the high school level drama for much longer. It was enough for Mike that Olivia was practically drooling over William, his best friend, let alone practically ignoring him. He didn't need a fight to make the girls not want to be around each other, even if they were the ones who were causing it.

Before more arguments could arise, the cheery waitress brought the food to the table.

-------

Once lunch was finished, the group returned to the studio. They guys went back to the sound booth, leaving Eve, Olivia, and Gabe to themselves.

"It's mine now!" Eve laughed, running over to the chair she and Gabe had been fighting over before lunch.

"Hey now, chicka! That's no fair!" Gabe returned the laugh, a smirk playing over his lips. "I thought we were sharing!"

"We were sharing. Before lunch!" Eve teased, spinning in the chair slowly. "Now, it's mine. Ha!"

"I don't think so, chicka!" Gabe said slyly. Quickly, he approached the chair and grabbed Eve's arm, trying to pull her from her seat, but to no avail; the chair only rolled forward slightly.

"You'll have to try harder than that, sir," Eve smirked.

"Oh, that was only the beginning," Gabe teased. "You haven't seen the best of me, chicka."

Olivia tried her best to hold in any outbursts at the two who were being so obviously flirty. Tried. A loud sigh escaped her lips and she couldn't help but roll her eyes. Why would Eve be so defensive over her boyfriend if she was going to turn around and do this?