An Unexpected Twist

Month 7 (Tarin)

Month 7 (Tarin)

This was probably the last time I was going to go out before I was officially the mother of baby twin girls. I was really tired every day and it was really hard to move because I was carrying an extra 45 pounds on my stomach. Which by the way caused killer back pain, but I really wanted to go out for one night last great night with Mathieu.

I put on a black dress that was sprinkled with big white flowers. It had a white collar and was short sleeved. It was shaped like a triangle, and it was flowy all the way down to the bottom. I put on some black heels and some dangly earrings that matched. Finally I put a black barrette in my hair so it wouldn’t fall all the way forward.

“Ready to go?” Asked Matty when I walked out of our bathroom. He looked up at me. “You look really nice.” He had just gotten back from a week long road trip. And by just gotten back, I mean wearing his flight clothes out to dinner.

“Thanks.” I said as he and I walked out the door.
................................................................

We had dinner at a restaurant called La Chaumiere in Georgetown. It was a French Bistro, funny because Mathieu spoke French and we had already decided that our girls would have French middle names.

Our food was delicious, and Mat and I talked more than ever before I was having so much fun with him.

When the waiter brought out dessert, Mathieu started looking nervous. Before we started eating he looked me right in the eyes. He cleared his throat.

"Tarin, when we first met I didn't expect for anything like this to happen. I didn't expect to see you again, I didn't expect to be a father, and I didn't expect to fall so in love with you so quickly." My lips turned up into a smile. Then he got down on one knee. "There's no one else I would rather spend my life with than you or our girls." He pulled a small box out of his suit pocket and opened it up to reveal a beautiful ring. "Will you marry me?"

My eyes welled up with tears. I couldn’t force any word out of my mouth, but I smiled and nodded like crazy. He stood up and put the ring on my finger and kissed him. I couldn’t think of a more perfect night!
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my goodness! You guys thought I forgot about you! So I had a family emergency and had to go to Maine for a little. Everything is okay now, but I think this chapter might have been worth waiting for! ;)