Status: Work in Progress

Hide and Seek

***

Tragedy.

A nicer way to describe the bad things that can happen in life.

Murder.

An ugly way to describe bad things that can happen in life.

No one knows what to say to a girl that witnessed murder and couldn't do anything about it. They can apologize, their sympathy and pity filled eyes can say everything with just one look. Or they can just leave the girl be, and not bring up the nasty subject of murder. That seems like the logical way to go about things, but that isn't possible in human nature. We all want to be noticed, and apologizing is a great way to be seen.

Witnessing the murder of a loved one is the worst pain ever known to man kind. When it's an immediate family member, it literally takes your breath away and you feel like you're drowning. There's no stopping the throbbing in your chest for lack of oxygen; no stopping the pounding in your head while nightmares engulf and scar it for life; no stopping the gut wrenching truth that they are never coming back, and you are stuck there with the consequence while they get out of the prison they call life.

Murder can completely ruin someone's life. Literally.

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

I stood before the large two story brick house that I now called my home. Beacon Hills, California, a wonderful place that is on the opposite side of the country from all of my friends and family. Great.

"Drew! The trucks here!" I sighed hearing my mom calling out to me. I didn't answer, there was no need. She knew I'd heard her, now just to actually move to help.

The movers moved all of the large and heavy furniture first, then began to help us unload all of our many boxes. I directed them to where the boxes needed to go and such, then they finally left. By then, it was almost seven o'clock. Thank god it was a Saturday.

"Okay, so, all of our crap is here, and we can begin arranging and unpacking. Thank goodness it's not a school night. I'll have you completely enrolled by Monday morning sweetheart." My mom smiled at me with a sad smile and I immediately looked away. She made me think about things I didn't want to think about, so I changed the subject quickly.

"I'm starved mom, can we go grab some food please?" I smiled at her, putting my mask on to hide any real emotion. She, thankfully, fell for it and nodded excitedly.

"Of course, hon, lets go." I quickly grabbed my silver-grey purse and made my way out the door. We both hopped into my moms big black Escalade and took off to find the closest restaurant.

My mom, thankfully, was from Beacon Hills, so she knew where everything was. Her side of the family was still here, so I guess we weren't completely alone. I knew I had a cousin here that was my age, though we've never met. I was told that is saved for tomorrow.

We stopped at a near by Burger King and got our order. We were stopped at a stop light that was literally in the middle of no where, surrounded by trees, when I noticed something. I looked to my right and saw a pair of bright read dots looking right at me.

I squeezed my eyes shut, thinking it's not real over and over again before I reopened them. The dots were gone and we were moving again.

"You okay honey?" I jerked as my moms voice rang through the car. I quickly composed myself and smiled.

"Yeah....yeah, I'm fine"

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

At around ten o'clock, I'd finally retreated to my bedroom to start arranging it the way I wanted to. When my bed and dresser were put in their new spots, thank god for wood floors, I began making my bed.

It started getting to warm in my room, so I opened up one of the two windows. I turned to finish my bed when I heard a strange noise coming from outside. I walked back to the window and stuck my head out, hearing the noise get louder. I looked at the road and saw an old, blue jeep pulling up to the house next to mine.

Two boys who looked to be my age climbed out and made their way to the door, arguing over something unknown. One was short but taller than me with tanned skin and dark hair and looked to be built well and the other was taller and skinny with a buzzed haircut. I quickly sighed and went back to my room.

When I was finally done arranging my new room, I walked back over to my small futon beside my window and inspected my room. I was glad that the room already had gorgeous floral patterns on the wall. The lilac color was almost identical to the rest of my belongings. Luck I guess.

A loud crash startled me out of my trance and I whipped around to the window. I could see straight into the room across from my window and saw the two boys. The window was open and it appears that they probably dropped something, causing the loud crash. I stood up and made my way to the window and stuck my head out.

"Um, is everything alright over there?" I said loud enough so they could hear. Another crash sounded and both boys appeared at the window. The tall skinny one looked like a fish out of water with the way he was attempting to speak. The other one just smiled.

"Yeah, everything's great. You new around here? I've never seen you before." He sent me another smile that was quite cute causing me to smile back.

"Yep, just got here today actually."

"Cool, got any family that I might know? Or is your family just looking for change?"

"Oh, my moms from here and her family is still here. She wanted to be closer to her family so here we are!"

Lies. My mom and her family aren't that close. They love each other and everything, but not so much that she would move me across the country just to be closer to them.

"Ah, names possibly?"

"Um, does Lydia Martin ring a bell?" At that moment, the skinny kid almost fell out of the window, but the tan one pulled him back by his shirt. He fell backwards and I heard a thud. He reappeared with a shocked expression on his pale face.

"You...are...related to...Lydia?" He asked, almost sounding out of breath. I quirked an eyebrow and nodded.

"Yes...? Is that a bad thing?"

"Oh! No, no, no! Not at all! I mean, Lydia's great....she's great." He exclaimed, trailing off at the end.

"Okay...well, it was nice talking to you two, but I'm going to bed. Long day tomorrow." I smiled and began to leave the window.

"Wait! We didn't get your name!" I heard one say. I popped my head back out and smiled again.

"Drew Moraine. And you guys are?"

"Scott McCall," the tan one answered, "and this is Stiles Stilinski." He then pointed to the skinny one.

I lifted my eyebrows in shock. His name was Stiles? What kind of name is that?

"Is Stiles your real name?" I asked him. He looked at me and became flustered.

"Well, I mean-"

"His name isn't really Stiles. It's-"

"Completely irrelevant. No, my real name is not Stiles, but that's what myself and everyone else calls me." He grinned and I nodded back with a smile.

"Well, Scott and Stiles, it was great talking to you, but I really need some sleep. So maybe I'll catch you guys at school? Beacon Hills High right?" They both nodded and I smiled again. "Well, I bid you boys goodnight."

"Goodnight Drew!" They yelled simultaneously. I giggled and shut my window tightly. I quickly opened my door and yelled goodnight to my mom, receiving no reply, then I quickly jumped into bed. It only took a few minutes before my dreams took over my thoughts.

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

I was sitting on the kitchen floor, starring at the bloody mess and mangled body in front of me. I was covered in blood, my hair was matted to my head and all I could see we're bright red eyes.

The creature looked like an oversized dog, but with red, shining eyes and a much more human stature. It began to walk towards me, more like stalk towards me. It seemed as if the creature had a sadistic smirk on its face and ghe eyes were solely focused on me.

The creature was right in front of me now, and it began to sniff me like I was a piece of meat. I was going to die right here, and I knew it, so I screamed.


I began screaming and thrashing around, tugging at the restraint, trying my hardest to escape. But I couldn't get out. A sound echoed through the room and a voice rang out. I felt someone grab me and my eyes snapped open. I was met with my mothers watery and worried eyes. I couldn't hold it in and I broke down.

Giant sobs wracked my small body as my mom pulled me close. I was shaking all over and I could feel my mom shaking as well, but she just held me. I cried into her chest for a good ten minutes before I finally collected myself enough to pull away.

"Better now?" My mom asked as she combed the flyaway hairs from my face. I wiped my eyes and nodded, sniffling a little.

"Yeah Mom, I'm okay now. Just a bad dream."

Once my mom was gone I got out of bed and gathered some clothes. When I changed I jogged downstairs and out the front door. I turned my iPod onto my workout playlist and took off down the street.

I jogged for about an hour and a half before I decided to head home. When I got there, my mom was gone to work already, leaving the house to myself. Time to start unpacking and arranging.

Three hours later I was done arranging the living room and putting all of my belongings in the places they need to be. I was completely unpacked and settled into my new home. My mom, on the other hand, was not even close.

I decided to go take a shower before my mom got home and we had to go visit Lydia and her family. After my shower I quickly changed into my clothes and began my usual routine for hair and make up. By the time I was done, it was five o'clock and my mom was pulling into the driveway.

"Drew?"

"I'm coming!" And I made my way to her vehicle.

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

The door swung open to reveal a beautiful girl, whom I assumed was Lydia. She had either red or strawberry blonde hair with a pale complexion that suited her. She had a large smile on her face, but it faltered when she saw who it was. Not even two seconds later she perked back up.

"Hello family that I have never met! Come in!" She ushered us in quickly and pointed in the direction of different voices. "My parents are in the kitchen. Straight through there and to your left." She smiled at my mother. My mom nodded and made her way in the other direction. Lydia then turned her gaze to me.

"Lydia Martin. And you are..." She trailed off while twirling a piece of her hair. I sighed and held my hand out to her.

"Drew Moraine. It's nice to meet you." She looked down at my hand for a second before she grabbed it and shook it.

"Pleasure." She smiled, then looked over my choice of clothes. "Um, are all of your clothes like this?" She asked picking at my baggy black tank top.

"Um, yeah. I'm from a small town. This is all I wear honestly." I smiled slightly and she frowned.

"Well, that's about to change. Mom! Dad! I'm taking Drew shopping!" She yelled and pulled me out of the house and into her shinny little car before either could answer.

We soon arrived at the, apparently, twenty four hour Macy's and Lydia went nuts on clothes. She grabbed and threw piles of clothes at me and made me try on all of them. By the end of it both our arms were full of clothes ready to check out.

"Lydia, I can't pay for all of this stuff. I don't have my wallet or-"

"Shh, don't worry. I'll pay."

I stared at her in shock as she swiped her credit card and bought all of these clothes. For me and I barely knew her.

"Why? You don't even know me." She looked at me, then looked me up and down before smiling.

"You're family, and I help family. I'm gonna help you fit in here. If you showed up to the school in something like this, you'd be the laughing stock and an outcast. I don't want that to happen to you. You're a pretty girl, and pretty girls deserve the best treatment." She smiled and we walked out of the store.

Later that night, I dragged in my six full bags of clothes and trudged to my room. Who knew shopping could be so tiring. I sat the bags down then sat on my small couch. I happened to glance out my window to see Stiles sitting at his computer desk, looking to be completely absorbed with the screen.

He looked in my direction and smiled, sending me a small wave. I smiled and waved back then closed my curtains and changed into my pajamas. I opened my curtains back up slightly and went over to my bed and got in.

I was asleep almost instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay! First chapter! Comment and let me know what ya think! I really hope this does well because I just love Teen Wolf and Stiles and I feel like this could be great. But I need to motivation! The more comments I get, the better I feel about the story and the more I want to write for my readers:) so, if you please, comment and let me know how I did and what I need to work on!
Thanks :))))