Status: A story I've been writing for a long time, still in the writing process.

Born Too Late

Realization

The next afternoon I sat down with Benji again. We had some time before the class started. I put my bag down and faced Benji.

“Hey benj” I said.

“I’ve been thinking… did you want to come over after class?” Benji had asked me.

“Yeah, sure we can hopefully find some answers to this unknown situation.” I responded with.

“I hope so; it has been running through my mind all day and night. What other stuff do you know about me?” Benji asked sounding a little freaked out.

I took a big deep breath in.

“Uh, well, what answer would you like to hear?” I laughed a little.

“What have me and Joel become? What are we are in the 21st century?"

I took a pause.

“I can’t tell you Benji, I don’t want to jinx anything, and I don’t think it’s a good idea to tell you at this time.”

“Tonight we’ll talk things out. I should be inclined to know this stuff about myself, right?” Benji said.

“And I totally agree Benj, but, its just too early in this weird situation. I promise, after school I’ll tell you more things.”

Joel was waiting outside of our classroom for us to come out. I could see him walking around the hall. I tried to grab his attention and make eye contact. But he seemed to be talking to someone. The end of the day bell rang and Benji and I got up together and met with Joel.

“Hey Trisha’s going to come over for a bit to talk with us.” Benji told Joel.

Joel smiled and nodded with relief. It has been going through his mind too.
“How’d your day go?” I asked Joel.

“Wasn’t too bad, I’ve been tired all day. You know those days where it doesn’t matter how much sleep you get, but you’re still dragging your feet?” Joel explained to us.

“Too many all nighters?” I laughed.

We started walking down the main hall and out through the front doors.

“I got 8 hours!” Joel raised his voice.

“I like getting at least 10 hours.” I explained.

“Last weekend I slept 13!” Benji said.

“Yeah cause’ you were up all night with Josh watching MTV.” Joel said towards Benji.

We continued walking to the twin’s house. I was starting to feel like I was just their friend. Not a crazy Good Charlotte fan. This was different. I was with them, and discussing honest things with them. Like regular people. They didn’t know anything about Good Charlotte and I wasn’t going to tell them anything until it was the perfect moment. Even though I was starting to get comfortable with them, I did not want to jeopardize the future for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY for the delay in posting! I wish I had the time to fully concentrate on this story. Here's a short chapter to keep things moving. The next chapter is about me in Joel & Benji's house.